HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

42 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I mean, technically we do have everything. I'm pretty confident that leaked list is correct at this point though we'll probably see this week.

Maybe, maybe not. About a week or two ago we were supposed to have Gothicombs (makes me think of honey combs cereal every time I see the name) and a vampire house with '70s aesthetic now we've got angels vs demons and urban legends black eyed children houses

• Like 2

Honestly though I said that, I do really hope that Aiello at least takes back the Twitter. Even through the long stretches, he at least would tell how things are going, his BTS stuff was way better.

He would at least make it look like there was a light on in the house.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Honestly though I said that, I do really hope that Aiello at least takes back the Twitter. Even through the long stretches, he at least would tell how things are going, his BTS stuff was way better.

He would at least make it look like there was a light on in the house.

I so agree with this.  However, I think Aiello has way too much to do now to mess with the Twitter account.  Sucks for us because whoever is doing it now doesn't seem to give a shit.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I so agree with this.  However, I think Aiello has way too much to do now to mess with the Twitter account.  Sucks for us because whoever is doing it now doesn't seem to give a shit.

Disagree. It would take him a milisecond to snap a picture and tweet it. It's probably a control issue Corporate has now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MoonKnight said:

Maybe, maybe not. About a week or two ago we were supposed to have Gothicombs (makes me think of honey combs cereal every time I see the name) and a vampire house with '70s aesthetic now we've got angels vs demons and urban legends black eyed children houses

Um, while I suggested black-eyed children as a potential inspiration for the look of the vampires, and the Ifrit referenced blank eyes, I think we are jumping the gun again. 

Since I'm a King fan (surprising, I know), I'm going to use one of his novels and his vamps to explain how we may be jumping the gun. 

Salem's Lot has a "big bad vamp", Kurt Barlow. Barlow is referenced as a Type One. While Nosferatuesque in the '79 adaption, he is taken back to his human-like image of the novel in the '04 series. And this is where things get complicated. Most Type Ones in King's works are "hairy, grotesque monsters". They can also be winged (like Popsy, who is probably the Night Flier). Now, the Lot is an early work, so King may have yet to set hard fast rules for his vamps. 

In Salem's Lot, Danny Glick is the first resident turned. He is a child. Turned vamps of this nature are Type Twos and lack free will. They are baser. More animalistic. 

Both sets, I believe, need to be invited in. 

There are Type Threes (basically daywalkers) and psychic vampires in King's works as well. Then there are the Little Sisters and The Doctors.  

That's 6 types in one body of work (all roads lead to the Tower and so do all of King's books). 

We have no idea what the "vamp house" is using as inspiration (besides that quick vid clip). Looks vampy (blood around mouth), and has obviously black eyes. 

Going from Vamps to UL: Black-eyed children is premature. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Disagree. It would take him a milisecond to snap a picture and tweet it. It's probably a control issue Corporate has now.

I'm shocked they haven't yanked control from Murdy's hands in Hollywood if that's the case considering he's today flat out saying how he had an announcement delayed on him and specifically said he got misled.

• Like 2

Aiello has a lot more responsibility than just HHN at this point. The guy is incredibly talented and passionate, he's being rewarded for that.

Someone as senior as him should not be tweeting us updates, as much as I wish that was the case.

• Like 2

It's not much, but the 'ENTER' button on the Soul Collectors' intro page is now different on my computer. Before it was just text in a box, now it is a graphic with the newer event font. And some flowers. 

No new things on the actual Soul Collector page with the locked rewards though. 

1 minute ago, HHN_jsg277 said:

Aiello has a lot more responsibility than just HHN at this point. The guy is incredibly talented and passionate, he's being rewarded for that.

Someone as senior as him should not be tweeting us updates, as much as I wish that was the case.

I still don't agree. If he's passionate he'd love sharing his work, hence why he did his own signed tweets in recent years.

I understand that but I don't think it has anything to do with his passion. I think it's a combination of his new job responsibilities, marketing essentially hand cuffing him to secrecy/taking total control, and I ultimately question how close he really is to every detail of HHN at this point. With things like Nintendo World, Fast & Furious, etc. in the works, who knows what's really on his plate on a day to day basis. 

To add to that, he's essentially become the spokesman for Universal. He does press tours all over the globe and even goes on camera to promote new things happening on both coasts (e.g. the Harry Potter Christmas experiences). He's a piece of talent that they've invested in and I totally get it. Unfortunately, that leaves all of us on a sad, lonely island craving for any of legitimate information. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lar6767 said:

I haven't been on this site very long but this is bizarre. Is this really what it's like on here every year? This is supposedly a thread speculating about what will appear at the event and we are so late in the process that there are posters who actually know because they are either insiders or who have auditioned and no one will say definitively what the line up is and other posters are admonishing them not to? We've been looking at that 'official' map that gets changed every two weeks and reading meaningless teaser tweets for months and we aren't allowed to hear what the last house will be for some reason? Why? Universal clearly doesn't care who knows since they're apparently showing the names to every unemployed 19 year old in Florida and California who applies for a temp job and, from what I've gathered, half of the mazes every year are just disappointing retreads anyway so what is the big deal? I thought we knew most of them already so why can't we hear the last few?  Ridiculous.

Universal does care who knows. There's a reason we warn people and there's a reason no one comes out (usually) and says what everything is:

Scareactors (I find your degradation of those who physically place themselves in harms way to create this event offensive) have to sign NDAs. They talk, they get fired. Everyone tiptoes and specs and gives hints and riddles to protect the people who create the event. And that includes the non scareactors who create this event. 

As for Uni not releasing info:

It's a business. When dealing with other people's Intellectual Properties, you don't get to create the timeline for information releases. You move at a pace that is best for marketing the material. 

Honestly, the biggest complaint I'm seeing isn't a lack of spec, but a lack of concrete knowledge. Speculation isn't concrete knowledge. Speculation is forming an educated guess. Specs are hypotheses. 

I'm no longer sure what it is that everyone wants? Build? You can't achieve build by just giving the answer. When someone puts forth the effort to try to create spec and build (like The Ifrit), the person is mocked or ignored. 

The middle ground is what I want. I understand that there needs to be timelines for information releases. I know there will never be another NO SIGNAL moment. There will never be another moment where we all log in refreshing the site waiting to see if our specs are right. Too much impatience. Too many leaks. Too many in need of "FIRST!!" claims. 

There are ways to achieve suspense and build while following the timeline. Those ways could be achieved by social media, if Marketing were willing to put in the effort, and if we were willing to be patient and put in effort of our own. 

• Like 6

Reading you guys talk about this event is incredibly upsetting. The fact that you have such disregard for how the actual event runs and are so selfish in your ways is so off-putting to this community.  You realize that you are probably like MAYBE 1-2% of the people attending the event. You spend the entire year on this forum and book tickets in advance. You are not who Marketing is worried about. People obviously have studied and their only job is to figure out when is the best time to announce these things for ticket sales. Which, gives horror nights a larger budget to create these houses that you love so much, in the future. To get mad about that, with the little marketing knowledge you all seem to have, is so bizarre to me.  Maybe you should make a "Screw Marketing" thread, so we can talk about things that actually matter instead of having to listen to you complain that you aren't Horror Nights #1 Customer and concern, since ya know....you're already loyal customers and they don't have to worry about you coming back. I do not think you realize this is a seasonal event at a amusement park whose soul purpose is to collect your money, not make sure you have every single detail about the event before their summer season is over. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, alien1207 said:

Reading you guys talk about this event is incredibly upsetting.

You get upset over reading criticsm about an event unrelated to you? Might want to step away from the Internet.

That said, you're wrong. Personally, and these people are not people like us, my girlfriend stopped going, my father stopped going, my brother stopped going, my cousin and uncle stopped going, and a friend stopped going. No one else replaced them in my circle. You may say, "Well others replaced them," which may be true, but that's lost customers for them. And for me I spend way less than I used to.

Edited by criticalanalysis

Just now, criticalanalysis said:

You get upset over reading criticsm about an event unrelated to you? Might want to step away from the Internet.

That said, you're wrong. Personally, my girlfriend stopped going, my father stopped going, my brother stopped going, my cousin and uncle stopped going, and a friend stopped going. No one else replaced them in my circle. You may say, "Well others replaced them," which may be true, but that's lost customers for them. And for me I spend way less than I used to.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you, seems like you have your own anger in your own personal life that you need to go figure out. Seems upsetting to me that you only speak negatively daily about every spoken about on this forum. You, single handedly, make this thread cringe worthy and almost impossible to read.  Maybe you are the one who needs to step away from the Internet.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, alien1207 said:

You are not who Marketing is worried about.

Well they should be at least a little worried... One unhappy rabid fan can spread just as much bad word of mouth as they can spread good word of mouth. They're not getting the job done this year plain and simple. Anyone with eyes and a brain would agree.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alien1207 said:

Seems upsetting to me that you only speak negatively daily about every spoken about on this forum. You, single handedly, make this thread cringe worthy and almost impossible to read. 

Given that I'm not the only one who shares my views currently and general frustration is generally widespread you may want to re-evaluate that. And your other comments were dumb bait so I'm going to avoid getting another warning point on this forum.

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

Well they should be at least a little worried... One unhappy rabid fan can spread just as much bad word of mouth as they can spread good word of mouth. They're not getting the job done this year plain and simple. Anyone with eyes and a brain would agree.

They may have seen last year that the early announcements did not sell tickets in those months.  They may have seen a trend where most people attending the event purchased in august.  I can understand your frustration, being that I also travel to the event.  What's annoying to read is people acting entitled to knowing the information because they are loyal fans.  Like I stated before, this is a thread we come to read about speculations and rumors, not about how much you hate marketing and why the event sucks because marketing. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alice said:

It's not much, but the 'ENTER' button on the Soul Collectors' intro page is now different on my computer. Before it was just text in a box, now it is a graphic with the newer event font. And some flowers. 

No new things on the actual Soul Collector page with the locked rewards though. 

Interesting. My button actually has four bone fragments on the top and bottom

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, alien1207 said:

Reading you guys talk about this event is incredibly upsetting. The fact that you have such disregard for how the actual event runs and are so selfish in your ways is so off-putting to this community.  You realize that you are probably like MAYBE 1-2% of the people attending the event. You spend the entire year on this forum and book tickets in advance. You are not who Marketing is worried about. People obviously have studied and their only job is to figure out when is the best time to announce these things for ticket sales. Which, gives horror nights a larger budget to create these houses that you love so much, in the future. To get mad about that, with the little marketing knowledge you all seem to have, is so bizarre to me.  Maybe you should make a "Screw Marketing" thread, so we can talk about things that actually matter instead of having to listen to you complain that you aren't Horror Nights #1 Customer and concern, since ya know....you're already loyal customers and they don't have to worry about you coming back. I do not think you realize this is a seasonal event at a amusement park whose soul purpose is to collect your money, not make sure you have every single detail about the event before their summer season is over. 

Bless you, this is literally what I have been saying since the beginning. We can all agree that we love HHN, that's why we're all here. But at the end of the day, this is a theme park event that is going to make money no matter what. Yes, I'm sure they do care about the diehard HHN fans, but they also know that we're going to attend and give them money (almost) no matter what. We're not their concern. Do I think what they're doing this year as far as marketing is good? Hell no, I hate it and it's annoying. Am I still going to spend hundreds of dollars to make my annual pilgrimage and go? Hell yeah. And I'm sure the same goes for everyone else here. You have every right to be upset with marketing and complain about it, but let's remember this is a speculation thread. If you hate the event and what they do with it so much, don't go. Save your money or put it towards a new adventure. I'm done now, I promise. 

So...did anyone else know they had poutine last year at HHN because real talk I'm high key bitter I didn't see it at all last year during any of my visits. 

• Like 2

Just now, criticalanalysis said:

WUT. Where was that?!

DUDE RIGHT. Last November I saw some list post about the best HHN food and poutine was on there. I was there enough last year that I thought I would've seen it, but I also have a very loyal relationship with twisted tators so maybe I walked right past it and didn't notice. Anyone else heard of the mysterious HHN poutine? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Interesting. My button actually has four bone fragments on the top and bottom

Oh, maybe they're bone fragments and not flowers. I thought they were those skinny tube flowers, lol. 

Also, I was at more nights of HHN than I wasn't last year and I NEVER saw Poutine. Is this the Mandela effect at work?!?

Edited by Alice

2 minutes ago, Alice said:

Looks like they're listing the top 10 they WANT to have at HHN, which is weird because I thought twisted taters were already there. 

That makes me feel better. If I missed out the chance to mix fries, gravy, cheese curds, and horror together? I would never forgive myself.

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic