HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

4 minutes ago, MoonKnight said:

Guys y'all are killing me!!!! the survey just popped up but I did not see anything about prospective properties. Can't y'all just tell us? Or better yet hit us with some Ifrit-style sh#%$ty riddles about the IPs :D

We're probably already breaching confidality with those post so I think it's for the best me and Peoria zip our lips now

Besides, Survey won't matter till next year anyway.

On 7/6/2017 at 10:57 PM, wow said:

It's fine. The Ifrit stated that this house will "be more steamy than baroque and dreamy" so maybe a steampunk Angels vs Demons? Idk, this house and the vampire one are the only things that we know little to nothing about

Gods, I hope not. In my opinion, none of the steampunk-centric scarezones or houses have been scary, and making it into another X vs. Y house makes it even less interesting to me. The whole thing just feels lame and uninteresting. :/

If they do make an angels vs. demons house, it needs to have some nuance to it. There's nothing scary about red devils or white-robed angels. Admittedly, it has some potential for some really interesting creature interpretations, but I won't hold my breath. I think I just have an irrational hatred for this maze as a concept, haha. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

Newest Tweet from Ifrit:

"Here is the last one for the Ave
1 of 5 homes, the clones will have"

I feel like this contradicts since his previous tweet stated each stage will have a clone, now this one states only one will have a clone? 

If one of the five is clones, then the other four must not be clones, but originals perhaps?

I don't know enough of HHN history to take this further, but he did say it was iconic, so perhaps a collection of previous icons that had a house, of which one of them is a "clone". The "clone" I'd say is current year house/icon, or maybe an IP icon?

or could be way off as usual haha

14 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

This is pretty interesting.  Yes, the picture is from Hollywood but I like the idea of making the facade look like the company logo.

https://hhnunofficial.com/2017/07/10/blumhouse-maze-confirmed/

Hollywood jumping in! That's not our Blumhouse Maze. I don't want to be too confusing, but that venue is home to a maze codenamed Writer's Block which is believed to be Insidious ch. 4. The maze that is supposedly the Blumhouse mashup is a maze that John Murdy referred to as his 'mad science project' which was written quite a while after the treatment for the maze that is pictured. John Murdy has also said that thinking that facade is the Blumhouse logo is a bit of a stretch, which is basically him saying nope you're wrong in his carny way

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MoonKnight said:

I'd love that, but like others have posted some christians are already crowing about the soul collectors stuff. There would be full blown protests if there was a house depicting Adam and Eve and Satan. On a side note I always thought Dantes Inferno could make for a great house but I assume religious groups would be all over that one too

I've seen a video for Alice Cooper Goes To Hell, didn't they have Eve and the Serpent?

Of course, that was years ago in Hollywood.

Just for fun I messaged the social media manager at Blumhouse and asked if he knew anything about it being at HHN this year. Here's his response:

"Heh. I don't have any official word on that, but with the success of our partnership the past several years, it seems like a decent bet!"

While not a confirmation it does add some more fuel to that already blazing fire.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

I've seen a video for Alice Cooper Goes To Hell, didn't they have Eve and the Serpent?

Of course, that was years ago in Hollywood.

That was years ago and everything offends someone nowadays. Between twitter and Facebook everyone has a platform to tell everyone else what upsets them and then things seem to snowball from there

• Like 1

there has been 3 houses over the years I went through once and that was enough for me... Chances house last year, Alice Cooper and the Purge. I know the Purge was a last minute house but people in masks with guns/knives get old after two rooms. 

10 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

why in the holy hell do we need another Purge anything?

Is this what we get when other shit falls through? Like "Oh the wolf puppets arent going to be done on time.... what should be do?" PURGE 7!!!!

• Like 3

Just now, criticalanalysis said:

Think about how disjointed this year seems "thematically": The 'Soul Collectors' are here to harvest your souls, and btw here's Jigsaw, The Purge, The Shining...

what?

You are slowly pulling me to the dark side.... this lack of info is starting to affect my psyche.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

You are slowly pulling me to the dark side.... this lack of info is starting to affect my psyche.  

You made me realize something worse. Let's just say The Purge is NOT coming. Now the fan base which is talking negatively about the event will be seen speaking negatively on the internet about it. Bad PR. This is what happens when morons run marketing and leave a self-indulgent person to leave wild, perhaps baseless, speculation take over.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 3

The lack of info is frustrating but what's even more frustrating to me is the stupid countdown clock. Whatever is released 22 days from now has set itself up for extremely high expectations. If you're going to make us wait like this and base everything off stupid clues from the Ifrit, you better blow our minds. 

And it's tough to think my mind will be blown based on the soul reaping gimmick. But hey, fingers crossed.

Edited by HHN_jsg277
  • Like 2

This will be my first HHN.  As an outsider, I am excited to see what the hype is about.  As a person who shelled out a considerable sum for flight tickets (coming from Canada), passes, RIP passes, I want to buy souvenirs, hotel nights etc, for two people, I do find this model of ‘just trust us’ is a bit lacking.   Our modern world doesn’t really work that way. 

I find the tweets from the official HHN feed to be trite.  I find the hurry up and wait frustrating.  My wife told me that my best friend (who I am going with) and I should go annually to HHN, but frankly, I can’t take this sort of frustration annually.  This event is supposed to be a source of fun.  Entertainment.  Stress relief.  I am finding the opposite to be the case from the way this has been handled.  This is my view as a newbie and an outsider of sorts.  I can’t imagine the frustrations felt by others who have seen the marketing campaign handled in a more forthright manner in the past.  I can hear the polite frustrations being expressed on boards like this, but I suspect they are more close to the surface than is being let on.   I am invested so I wait for the news, but honestly, if I had not already paid for stuff, I probably would just pack up my bat and ball and stay home. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Think about how disjointed this year seems "thematically": The 'Soul Collectors' are here to harvest your souls, and btw here's Jigsaw, The Purge, The Shining...

what?

I don't blame Michael Roddy for leaving.

Thematically, many of the IPs revolve around collecting souls whether metaphorical or literal. Deadites, Sinster, Insidious, The Shining, Saw, even the 3 AHS seasons have Soul collecting aspects. 

You work with what you have. 

As for Roddy, his only addition to HHN was Jack. His only addition to HOS was that clown (I can't remember his name because he was so Jack + Joker). As for his leaving, I don't believe he had a choice. 

The themes (overarching) weren't created by Roddy. Mary (one of your favorite icons, I believe) was created by Aiello. 

• Like 6

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic