HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

13 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I enjoyed AoV last year more than Jack's show during 25.  I don't see how AoV can top itself, so the excitement will probably diminish each year it returns.

I really enjoyed it too. I grew up dancing so I'm mildly biased, but I know every night I was there it drew a huge crowd so it's not like people didn't enjoy it. I thought the placement was a bit off (walking through Banshee with Fall Out Boy playing in the background was odd), but it was still a great show. And I will fight anyone that thought the dream sequence part was anything less than amazing. Even if you weren't a fan of the show as a whole, you have to admit that part was awesome. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

I think you've found a new way for them to have "all-new content." Literally keep the same sets, just swap a few "scares" and boom, they'd say it's a new house :D

True; they really need to stop saying "Soon" because it's annoying to everyone  and at this point more of a nuisance than a suspense builder

Edited by wow
  • Like 4

I liked AoV too but I completely understand where you guys are coming from in that it feels out of place at HHN compared to Carnage Returns and such. 

Idk, as your resident milennial, I found that most people who watched it really liked it too. And I usually HATE both that kind of music and that kind of dancing. I guess my enjoyment came from it being one thing that wasn't truly SCARY. The more things like that, the happier I am ;)

• Like 2

2004 sounded like a pretty darn good year (even though many complained about it at the time). Guess what? No icon.

I actually agree with Critical on Evil Dead and Saw, but I think it's ridiculous to assume the worst with Shining.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Hey man! Welcome back. Scoop is 5 IPs, 4 originals. Marketing dropping the ball this year, no icon, a huge gap between the last announcement and the next one which will happen in 20+ days based on their website timer. Cringy, half assed tweets, two awkward selfie shots, a website that started neat and is now looking to be bland as shit. They're running this "Soul Collector" nonsense which basically is an indirect way to plead for retweets and shares on social media. Fans getting fed up, AoV is coming back which is disappointing most folks, and while we apparently "know" what's coming house wise there's some speculation that the four originals ("Bayou of Blood" , a dustbowl house, Conjuring w/ Vampires, and Gothic / Catacombs crossover) may not be what we are thinking.

For the IPs we're getting some mixed feelings (Jigsaw --> "we've seen that boring Saw sets already", The Shining --> "no way they can replicate the scale", Ash vs Evil Dead --> "why, we've seen that already?") etc.

Yeah I've been seeing the social media team struggling as of recently. I got in on this Soul Collector nonsense but maybe that will turn itseld around in the coming months. A Bayou of Blood house?! Sweet! Granted, that the current speculation is true. What the hell is Conjuring with Vamps? lol!

And I take it Ash vs Evil Dead is our comedy house this year? HOPEFULLY NOT 3D.

I could also see Saw (haha Seesaw) going for a crappy 3D house too. 

47 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Ash vs Evil Dead --> "why, we've seen that already?") etc.

We haven't seen Ash vs Evil Dead which is why them using the original Evil Dead 1 and 2 and calling it that is total bs. They're calling it that because they know it will be pretty damn close to an exact repeat as something they did just a few years back and no one wants to see a repeat (assuming the intel is correct). This logic is a slap in the face to those who attended the event in 2013 and to the real fans of HHN. I don't care how they or any of you on here want to spin it, it's going to be a repeat. Other than a few scenes and different actors the original and remake just wasn't that different.

Oh wow... the laughing deer in part 2 and some dead hanging cats in the reboot. Big whoop dee doo!

REPEAT!!!

As far as this soul collecting business goes, wouldn't it be a good idea for them to at least have set soul collecting goals so that the fans will be motivated to get more to sign on. For instance, release a new house info for lets say 50k souls etc. As it looks now we're going to be waiting until August before we get diddly and that's lame.

What the hell is Conjuring with vamps? The Conjuring house that was already being built (but fell through) filled with some type of vampires. The spec was getting so silly, I was ready for them to be killer clown vamps from outer space at one point.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Alice said:

Idk, as your resident milennial, I found that most people who watched it really liked it too. And I usually HATE both that kind of music and that kind of dancing. I guess my enjoyment came from it being one thing that wasn't truly SCARY. The more things like that, the happier I am ;)

As second resident millennial, agreed. I did notice a majority of the fans were around my age, so it might just be a generational thing. Maybe AoV is Universal's way of bringing in more college kids. I know last year I forced a bunch of my friends to come with me one night and they really enjoyed AoV and it was one of the things that made them want to come back. I mean, one of the girls I brought was not digging the event until she watched AoV and then she wanted to stay longer and enjoy the event. For the HHN veterans, the show might seem totally out of place, but it does bring in a crowd. 

1 hour ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

As second resident millennial, agreed. I did notice a majority of the fans were around my age, so it might just be a generational thing. Maybe AoV is Universal's way of bringing in more college kids. I know last year I forced a bunch of my friends to come with me one night and they really enjoyed AoV and it was one of the things that made them want to come back. I mean, one of the girls I brought was not digging the event until she watched AoV and then she wanted to stay longer and enjoy the event. For the HHN veterans, the show might seem totally out of place, but it does bring in a crowd. 

What age range describes a millennial?

Do you guys still think Gothicombs is coming? I've heard so many different rumors about that house that at this point I don't know what to think. The only two original houses that I know for sure are coming are the Bayou of Blood maze & Field of Screams(which may be called the Harvest of Souls since Ifrit liked a tweet that said that which referred to the scarecrow house.)

Edited by wow

45 minutes ago, wow said:

Do you guys still think Gothicombs is coming? I've heard so many different rumors about that house that at this point I don't know what to think. The only two original houses that I know for sure are coming are the Bayou of Blood maze & Field of Screams(which may be called the Harvest of Souls since Ifrit liked a tweet that said that which referred to the scarecrow house.)

My 100% uninformed sourceless gut feeling is something like this:

Sam Raimi goes to Dino DeLurentis and says he has an idea for a film, it's "Evil Dead meets Knights of the Round Table meets Monty Python's Holy Grail....it's called Army of Darkness."

The sources that led people to believe a Gothic / Catacombs mashup was happening said something similar, like "The house is an original.  Think, Gothic meets Catacombs."

Maybe meaning an illness...affecting people holed up in a medieval church.  It was just misinterpred as a literal crossover.

Again, I have no idea....but the way clues were given and then stepped back upon the 2 former houses being combined while not shooting down their source or saying what they've heard doesn't kinda fit the bill.  If insider A was told that it involves an old church and some mysterious costumed people...and then Insider B was told Gothic meets Catacombs, both would assume that the other insider's claim supports theirs and the Gothic vs Catacombs rumor became "fact" and now both Insider A and Insider B are hearing stuff that seems to contradict their understanding of the info they received.

Just seems how some of these things play out.

Edited by Oysterhead00
Fixing stupid typos/autocorrects
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

The sources that led people to believe a Gothic / Catacombs mashup was happening said something similar, like "The house is an original.  Think, Gothic meets Catacombs."

This is my feeling. I think the "Gothicombs" moniker is just something we should be using as a placeholder name. 

I believe the end result will be similar to Tomb of the Ancients from last year. Where the overall thought process and design was inspired by an older house, but the final theme is it's own brand new thing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I believe millennial describes anyone born between 1984-1995

I believe to be a millennial male, you have to have at least considered a man bun.

To be a millennial female, you have to have averaged 5 duck lips photos on social media per week for a 2 month period.

However, if you have a regular Starbucks order that is over 20 syllables long, you get a Millennial 4 Life card.

So glad I'm old and my parachute pants, Whitesnake and Dokken iron-on patches on my stone washed jean jacket, and scar on my left ear where it used to be pierced are the only regrets of my youth :)  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

This is my feeling. I think the "Gothicombs" moniker is just something we should be using as a placeholder name. 

I believe the end result will be similar to Tomb of the Ancients from last year. Where the overall thought process and design was inspired by an older house, but the final theme is it's own brand new thing.

Wait so Catacothic might now be a ruse/misinformation?

If this years lineup has anymore twists then I'd say its safe to confirm M. Night Shyamalan as HHN 27's icon

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

I believe to be a millennial male, you have to have at least considered a man bun.

To be a millennial female, you have to have averaged 5 duck lips photos on social media per week for a 2 month period.

However, if you have a regular Starbucks order that is over 20 syllables long, you get a Millennial 4 Life card.

So glad I'm old and my parachute pants, Whitesnake and Dokken iron-on patches on my stone washed jean jacket, and scar on my left ear where it used to be pierced are the only regrets of my youth :)  

chloe.gif

• Like 6

1 hour ago, wow said:

Maybe it's a Catacombs prequel set in Feudal times? At least now there's something to speculate on

Blood Ruins from HHN 15 kinda followed this suite.

Evil and cruelty are the only survivors of this plague-raveged medieval village where torture is life and death your only escape.

Ghost town=14-26

Blood Ruins=15-27?

1 minute ago, marmoset said:

Evil and cruelty are the only survivors of this plague-raveged medieval village where torture is life and death your only escape.

Ghost town=14-26

Blood Ruins=15-27?

Maybe they're rebooting forgotten houses but with a modern twist. Last year they added more content to Ghost town and maybe this year they're adding plague doctors to Blood Ruins. Idk, I feel like Catacombs is coming back in one way or another because it's been so heavily rumored

5 minutes ago, marmoset said:

Ghost town=14-26

Blood Ruins=15-27?

Both houses originally in SS 22 and would be moved to SS 24.

:o

@ Midnight Detective: Could they bargain with Channel Awesome and use M Night as he appears on Nostalgia Critic?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

28 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Bayou I believe.

So Bayou of Blood and *possibly* Blood Ruins might be in the same soundstage? That's a lot of blood in one place

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic