HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

36 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Being passionate doesn't exclude them from harsh criticism. 

"harsh criticism" isn't "harsh criticism" when you resort to assuming they are "lazy".  That's not criticism.  That's just being a jag off

If this marketing campaign thus far isn't laziness on their part then that's even worse. They may work their asses off to put together a good final product, but can that honestly be said in regards to marketing? If anything, it's been so bad, in my opinion, that I may hold off on buying my tickets next year unless they get their act together.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

"harsh criticism" isn't "harsh criticism" when you resort to assuming they are "lazy".  That's not criticism.  That's just being a jag off

Lazy is criticism. I'm criticizing their inability to mobilize anything worthwhile. Even on their social media pages people are being more critical than usual. Their website is extremely lackluster, plain, etc. It's laziness. They aren't even tweeting interesting things, it's 100% lazy. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I LOVED AoV, but could you imagine the amount of pumpkins they could put in with the budget they used for that show! ALL the pumpkins!! 

No kidding.... the more jack o lanterns, the better. It is Halloween Horror Nights after all.

• Like 4

Okay, so looking at a few of today's tweets, it seems like the 'rewards' for Soul Collectors may be based through the social media sharing buttons on the site...they are talking all about recruiting friends...@sounds like a pyramid scheme but okay, lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alice said:

Okay, so looking at a few of today's tweets, it seems like the 'rewards' for Soul Collectors may be based through the social media sharing buttons on the site...they are talking all about recruiting friends...@sounds like a pyramid scheme but okay, lol

Yawn

7 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Lazy is criticism. I'm criticizing their inability to mobilize anything worthwhile. Even on their social media pages people are being more critical than usual. Their website is extremely lackluster, plain, etc. It's laziness. They aren't even tweeting interesting things, it's 100% lazy. Lazy. Lazy. Lazy. 

If you're referring to the marketing group only, I agree with you.  NOT A&D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

However, it always amazes me that we walk past a dark Animal Actors stage every year when it could easily be used for something else. 

Two reasons: 1 - The stage is hard for other acts to use. 2 - People simply walk past it and ignore it, even when there is a show in it. Bushwood was in there for 1-2 years. They had to chase people down (barkers and TMs continually announcing the show) to get people to come into the show. It's like AA and KZ cease to exist in the minds of the GP. The only thing they see is the queues for the Parade Bldg and tents. 

Personally, I think AA should hold something, and they just need better advertisement. I'd, also, love to see a special HMU, but I know it tends to hold media and special events. (And part of me wants our cookies back) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

If you're referring to the marketing group only, I agree with you.  NOT A&D

I was, should've been more clear :) Though they've also made some weird decisions - and there's one particular person who works there that I seriously have no idea why they still do because they've brought disappointment constantly to the table.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I was, should've been more clear :) Though they've also made some weird decisions - and there's one particular person who works there that I seriously have no idea why they still do because they've brought disappointment constantly to the table.

Asking for names might be a bit rude, so what can we blame this person for?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alice said:

Noooooo. My friends already know I sold my soul to this event years ago, don't make me spam their social media accounts so I can get fun stuff. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, b-wolf95 said:

Asking for names might be a bit rude, so what can we blame this person for?

I feel like I know but I couldn't say for sure since I rarely pay attention to the regular marketing stuff...

11 hours ago, DM1996 said:

I still haven't gotten an email. It's been 3 days! I checked my emails, junk email, and other mails and nothing. I know it's probably because they got slammed with sign ups, but I was wondering if some people still haven't gotten an email yet?

Didn't get one either. I wonder if it is because I'm in Canada? I had to fit my whole mailing address on one line. 

3 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Im with you. I hated the fact of a dance show at HHN. I did watch the AoV show and it wasnt bad. At least it had a horror theme to it. But leave that on the west coast. Id rather have a lagoons show ala HHN16 or 22 (or 23?) than a dance show. Keep it horror, keep it dark.

I don't even think it's a bad show, I just don't think a dance off is good for the environment HHN puts in so much work to create 

Just now, Midnight Detective said:

I don't even think it's a bad show, I just don't think a dance off is good for the environment HHN puts in so much work to create 

Correct. It blows. No one will say "This made the event worth it," but many will, "It didn't add to my reason to attend."

• Like 2

Not that the GP would want it/care but I wish they would try to make the event have an overarching theme that connects everything('17, '19, '21). At least this year we're getting 4 originals

Edited by wow
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Correct. It blows. No one will say "This made the event worth it," but many will, "It didn't add to my reason to attend."

I'M BACK

Critical give me an update on what's been going down. I'm so far out of the loop.

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

Lord help me, I actually agree with that analogy - not the "it blows" part because the show itself is pretty good.  However, those statements are 100% true.

Now, if Aiden Sinclair were performing, that WOULD add to my reason to attend (not like I actually need any more reasons, but it's the point).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Merlin said:

I'M BACK

Critical give me an update on what's been going down. I'm so far out of the loop.

Hey man! Welcome back. Scoop is 5 IPs, 4 originals. Marketing dropping the ball this year, no icon, a huge gap between the last announcement and the next one which will happen in 20+ days based on their website timer. Cringy, half assed tweets, two awkward selfie shots, a website that started neat and is now looking to be bland as shit. They're running this "Soul Collector" nonsense which basically is an indirect way to plead for retweets and shares on social media. Fans getting fed up, AoV is coming back which is disappointing most folks, and while we apparently "know" what's coming house wise there's some speculation that the four originals ("Bayou of Blood" , a dustbowl house, Conjuring w/ Vampires, and Gothic / Catacombs crossover) may not be what we are thinking.

For the IPs we're getting some mixed feelings (Jigsaw --> "we've seen that boring Saw sets already", The Shining --> "no way they can replicate the scale", Ash vs Evil Dead --> "why, we've seen that already?") etc.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Lord help me, I actually agree with that analogy - not the "it blows" part because the show itself is pretty good.  However, those statements are 100% true.

Now, if Aiden Sinclair were performing, that WOULD add to my reason to attend (not like I actually need any more reasons, but it's the point).

I just looked up Aiden Sinclair. DAMN! Dude is amazing!!!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Hey man! Welcome back. Scoop is 5 IPs, 4 originals. Marketing dropping the ball this year, no icon, a huge gap between the last announcement and the next one which will happen in 20+ days based on their website timer. Cringy, half assed tweets, two awkward selfie shots, a website that started neat and is now looking to be bland as shit. They're running this "Soul Collector" nonsense which basically is an indirect way to plead for retweets and shares on social media. Fans getting fed up, AoV is coming back which is disappointing most folks, and while we apparently "know" what's coming house wise there's some speculation that the four originals ("Bayou of Blood" , a dustbowl house, Conjuring w/ Vampires, and Gothic / Catacombs crossover) may not be what we are thinking.

For the IPs we're getting some mixed feelings (Jigsaw --> "we've seen that boring Saw sets already", The Shining --> "no way they can replicate the scale", Ash vs Evil Dead --> "why, we've seen that already?") etc.

The thing with Ash vs Evil Dead is we haven't seen it before. Evil Dead in 2013 was NOT Evil Dead 1 & 2, while the house was based on the remake. The original Evil Dead has never actually been at the event so technically it will be a new house. Also the next announcements for both coats will most likely be next week, and it will be the Blumhouse Mashup. For Hollywood Murdy said that our next announcement wouldn't have a codename(only mazes without codenames on our side are Blumhouse, Jigsaw, Evil Dead) and that it would be next week. Using guesstimates it's speculated AvED will be announced at Comic Con, Jigsaw will be announced with the trailer release in late July or Early August, which leaves Blumhouse. Both coasts have really terrible when it comes to announcing this year, like Hollywood was supposed to get our Insidious announcement this week but John didn't do it.

Edited by wow

4 minutes ago, wow said:

The thing with Ash vs Evil Dead is we haven't seen it before. Evil Dead in 2013 was NOT Evil Dead 1 & 2, while the house was based on the remake. The original Evil Dead has never actually been at the event so technically it will be a new house

All the same scenery. Hence why I consider it a repeat.

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic