HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

27 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Maybe they escaped to another country and they opens a meat shop there and are serving local cuisines... as long as no one cries cultural appropriation it could be fun! LOL

That'd be a really good house

I just had another thought relating to there being no icon for HHN 27. Last year, AoV replaced the icon stage show that existed for Jack the year before. A lot of people were upset that Chance didn't get her own show, and only a scarezone and house. With the rumors pointing very strongly that AoV will be returning, Universal may have decided to forgo icons while AoV is still popular, that way they don't take the spotlight away from a true icon. Those are just my 2 cents. 

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

Or they're lazy and won't put in any effort.

I'm also excited for the F5 mashing and accidentally DDOS of the HHN Orlando website when the counter ends lol.

^this

I think marketing had more control this year and while it's still gonna be a good event, it's not gonna be as creative and detailed as previous events. If they wanted to they could've pulled an HHN 18 or 19 and brought in a new icon and an overarching theme, but instead they opted with no theme and a mascot. It's not bad, it's just lazy to the dedicated fans

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zacVStheworld said:

So i've heard rumors about there not being an icon. How would this work out i've only been to two years of HHN and they both had icons, big ones as a matter of fact, Could a longer veteran explain how a year without an icon is like??  :(

For 99% of the people going to the event it doesn't affect them at all....  A lot of people don't know Chance was the icon last year, just some Harley Quinn knockoff who was on the commercial, merchandise, had a house, and a scarezone. 

It's really only for the hardcore fans who feel that they need it and pour over past details nobody else knows...and marketing as it makes their lives easier to have a focal point for their media, print, web and social activities.  Makes their lives a lot easier.  Also, it's a nice thing to put on merchandise other than just the logo, fake blood, or trying to mush all the houses onto a single item.

But unless you make the event ALL Originals, they'll never truly tie it all together in any way that you experience at the event.  Short of having the icon appear in every single house in a manner that shows they are influencing the events unfolding in each house it really won't work...and IP owners aren't going to allow you to alter their property by sticking a clown in the house and having him order the Aliens to attack the Predators, or influencing Michael Myers to go on a rampage, or making ghosts haunt the people of Insidious etc.

It REALLY doesn't make a difference...but people here who know an Icon's back story and thinks they know how old Cindy should be based on the chronology of unknown backstory will say it makes all the difference in the world, cry when we don't have, and then cry if we do have one since marketing !@#$ed it all up and it didn't live up to their personal interpretation they had in their mind.

In fact, the PERFECT Icon for the event would be....Universal's Chief Marketing Officer.  They are the most evil swine known to man!  And their evil will be present in every single house.  Like if a house has to close down due to flooding, it would be the dastardly CMO!  If you caught a shift change, that damn CMO did it!  If you thought a costume looked fake, yup, you guessed it: the CMO.  And the truly unspeakable evil that they do just about every other year....a 3D house!

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Disagree. If an icon didn't matter they wouldn't bring them back (ahem, Jack, repeatedly) and put him all over merch. People recognize them.

I'd have to agree.  Especially if you live in the vicinity of a Publix. Back when I didn't go to the event or know much about it, I still remember seeing Jack's face all over the grocery store and already knew him by name before attending. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HHN Monster said:

Has anyone else received an email today with the header of the email saying "Your time has come"?

I don't know how to post photos or I would include a screenshot of the email.

Yup. Got a "we have your soul" e-mail about an hour ago. Maybe they'll start the festivities tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

I got one, but was addressed to Beverly. No clue who that is. From what I've read on the Facebook page, it seems like a lot of people's names have been messed up.

Yea mine was addressed to a Steven.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HHN Monster said:

Has anyone else received an email today with the header of the email saying "Your time has come"?

I don't know how to post photos or I would include a screenshot of the email.

I still haven't gotten an email. It's been 3 days! I checked my emails, junk email, and other mails and nothing. I know it's probably because they got slammed with sign ups, but I was wondering if some people still haven't gotten an email yet?

1 hour ago, DM1996 said:

I still haven't gotten an email. It's been 3 days! I checked my emails, junk email, and other mails and nothing. I know it's probably because they got slammed with sign ups, but I was wondering if some people still haven't gotten an email yet?

Still nothing and I signed up last Friday and again on Tuesday just in case. Wonder if it's because I don't live in the US? If so then guess these soul collectors are rather picky haha

4 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Still nothing and I signed up last Friday and again on Tuesday just in case. Wonder if it's because I don't live in the US? If so then guess these soul collectors are rather picky haha

I signed up last Friday and just got it yesterday with another persons name on it.   

1 hour ago, elhev said:

I signed up last Friday and just got it yesterday with another persons name on it.   

That's interesting as this was the second time I received it...first time it was addressed to a different name which just so happened to be my middle name!  I never use my middle name and know I would have never used it for a ticket or placing kind of order or anything and was wondering how they got it.

Guess it was just a freaky coincidence.

7 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

I know I'm in the minority here but I don't think AoV belongs at HHN and it's a bit of an atmosphere ruiner for me

I am with you on this.
 I think it's east coast dance show. Just cause Hollywood has dancing show replaced their Bill &Ted show doesn't mean we need a dance show.
Hollywood could promotion the straight to dvd chucky film with Chucky's Insult theater.

I think I am bitter cause I rather be wowed with magic than dance show.

I got sinking feeling like there won't be another VR house.
 I think it was overpriced point and confusing to get guests there. Trust me, I had few people asked me.

• Like 2

I know I'm in the minority here but I don't think AoV belongs at HHN and it's a bit of an atmosphere ruiner for me

I was pleasantly surprised with AoV last year and will definitely check it out this year. That being said, I am hopeful that they will be changing the show pretty drastically. I don't want a repeat.

• Like 4

Im with you. I hated the fact of a dance show at HHN. I did watch the AoV show and it wasnt bad. At least it had a horror theme to it. But leave that on the west coast. Id rather have a lagoons show ala HHN16 or 22 (or 23?) than a dance show. Keep it horror, keep it dark.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

To add to the discussion, perhaps just scrap the show entirely and use it to decorate the park more.

more PUMPKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what it costs Uni to have AoV for the whole season? Its gotta be crazy expensive.

• Like 3

I signed up for the soul thing from my phone minutes after it was tweeted last week.  I never got anything, so I wondered if it didn't work correctly from my phone.  So, I did it all over again yesterday from my computer.  I've not gotten any emails.

As for the AOV show... it was a decent show.  I MUCH prefer something like Jack's show though.  I've never understood why they don't add on to the shows thing a bit more.. I guess maybe money?  However, it always amazes me that we walk past a dark Animal Actors stage every year when it could easily be used for something else. We just got back from a stay at The Stanley Hotel in Colorado, and while we were there, we attended a show done by Aiden Sinclair which was a "theatrical seance".  I'd never heard of him before, but I guess he was on America's Got Talent and they loved him.  I can see why.  I won't go into great detail right now, but I will tell you I was completely gobsmacked by a few things he did - one of them very personal to me.  I have tried to think of every possible way he could've done what he did, and I've come up with nothing.  The skeptic in me ran away into a little corner after seeing this guy.  He would be AWESOME at HHN using the Animal Actors stage.  I'm told he will be appearing on Penn & Teller's show in a few weeks.  This would be the kind of show that would perfectly fit with HHN.  I fully intend to tell A&D about it when I see them this Fall.  I think the shows are important to help control the crowds, keep the atmosphere and give variety.  And I still think a "very special Horror Makeup Show" during HHN should be a no-brainer.

Last comment - I really, really hate it when people here resort to implying that anything being created for HHN is "lazy".  That's not only disingenuous, but it's just bullshit. Those guys work their asses off to make this the best Halloween event anywhere.  It's not their fault (and it SURE ISN'T "LAZY") that the Corporate jag-offs limit them at times.  They do the best they can with what little freedom they get.  I believe they are honest-to-god passionate about this and to demean them in such a way is shitty.   So, knock it off.

Does it suck that we are in an information wasteland?  Yes, but get over it.  We will get the details soon.  I'm not "apprehensive" or "concerned" about spending the $$$ to travel to HHN multiple weekends because in the last 12 years I've been attending, I've never been disappointed.  Why would I be disappointed now?  I trust them to give me the best six weeks of the year.  They always do.  Have a little goddam faith.

• Like 8

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic