HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

We live in a world where we can digitally create literally *anything*, limited only by human imagination, and yet somehow we keep going back to zombies and asylum tropes. 

I mean, thinking of it that way, the Soul Collectors thing finally starts to seem like something new and interesting. 

• Like 4

Something that is interesting about the tweets being used to support the no icon belief:

The "ding, ding" was in response to two contradictory questions. The 23, 24, 27 tweet focuses on only 2 years without an icon. 

Actual years without an icon: 1-9, 14, 22, 23, & 24. So, why just those two years? To simplify things for newer fans? Or is there something particular about those two years?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

The "ding, ding" was in response to two contradictory questions. The 23, 24, 27 tweet focuses on only 2 years without an icon. 

Well 27 hasn't happened yet, and 23 and 24 didn't have an icon so yes I think he is trying to hint that there will be no icon for 27. I agree with your hypothesis that they are only listing the two most recent years so as not to alienate people who haven't been to as many HHNs. I tried seeing what those years had in common, and the only thing is the lack of an icon. 

• Like 2

I'm not sold on no Icon. I think it would be a huge mistake, I feel like with an icon driving the event its a money machine. Merchandising sales have to skyrocket, when you got a face to put on it. Nevermind the atomsphere is way better, i know maybe chance wasnt the biggest success of all time. But abandoning an idea the has worked in the past, and that was brought back, and to me probably succeded better than 23 & 24 would be a huge misstep. Thought that lesson was learned from the lost years!!

Now I was trying to look at everything for both events, house locations...common ip's/original usage...only came to a few deadends that don't make sense.

1. Walking dead was at both

2. Each year had a soundstage host 2 haunts (locations both years are very similiar but not exact) 

8 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

I'm not sold on no Icon. I think it would be a huge mistake, I feel like with an icon driving the event its a money machine. Merchandising sales have to skyrocket, when you got a face to put on it. Nevermind the atomsphere is way better, i know maybe chance wasnt the biggest success of all time. But abandoning an idea the has worked in the past, and that was brought back, and to me probably succeded better than 23 & 24 would be a huge misstep. Thought that lesson was learned from the lost years!!

Now I was trying to look at everything for both events, house locations...common ip's/original usage...only came to a few deadends that don't make sense.

1. Walking dead was at both

2. Each year had a soundstage host 2 haunts (locations both years are very similiar but not exact) 

This might be thinking too deep but in each of those years was a house/zone that are thought to come this year(Evil Dead, Bayou of Blood)

• Like 2

I've mentioned it several times, but in my opinion, the messages seem to lean towards potential of multiple icons. When they say "who said anything about AN ICON," that's tricky, but also leaves the door open to the potential for more like the caretaker, Cindy, Voodoo Queen, as well as Lady Death. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but that's how I keep reading these comments. I know how tricky they like to be with their messages.

Just one more thing on King:

He is scheduled to do a limited book tour this Fall.  Of course, they listed the Chicago date AFTER I had already booked my flights to Orlando for HHN, so I will miss him here.  However, if anyone gets the chance to go to a book signing, ASK HIM why he won't do HHN.  I did it once several years ago at an event where he took audience questions.  He completely dodged the question though - saying something like "they wouldn't WANT me to be involved" or some such similar thing.  He got a cheap laugh from the audience who clearly had no idea what I was talking about. However, my friends at A&D actually mentioned to me they saw the YouTube video and loved that I had the nerve to challenge him directly. I wonder if some of his other fans challenged him directly if he might start thinking about it?  Or, he may give zero f***s.  I don't know, but it doesn't hurt to try.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

I've mentioned it several times, but in my opinion, the messages seem to lean towards potential of multiple icons. When they say "who said anything about AN ICON," that's tricky, but also leaves the door open to the potential for more like the caretaker, Cindy, Voodoo Queen, as well as Lady Death. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but that's how I keep reading these comments. I know how tricky they like to be with their messages.

According to the leaked list you're right on multiple icons, them being the Soul Collectors and the Voodoo Queen. I'm not sure if Nathaniel Crowe is gonna be involved because the Ifrit stated that the house theorized to be Crowe's(Field of Screams) will actually be the Icon house(Soul Collectors). However Legacy has hinted that the rumored Gothicombs house might be a red herring and there might be another house instead

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wow said:

hinted that the rumored Gothicombs house might be a red herring and there might be another house instead

One thing I keep forgetting to bring up.

I follow one of the main HHN fabricators on Instagram, and they posted a wall full of skulls and bones that looked exactly like the background of the HHN website last week.

He's claiming that it's not for HHN, just practicing in his studio.

It seems a bit too similar to be a coincidence. 

So....what if the original Gothicomes was intended to be the icon house, but has since been changed to the Field of Screams house? Maybe they were left with some props/scenery that will no longer be used, so they can post pictures of it?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Maybe this doesn't work so well with AHS, but could each house be a "soul collector"? Or have a "soul collector" character?

I could see that working, which would make:

Saw's Collector: Jigsaw

AHS's Collector: The Butcher, Dr. Arden, Marie Levau & LaLaurie

The Shining's Collector: Overlook Hotel

Evil Dead's Collector: Necronomicon

Gothicombs' Collector: Plague Doctors

Vampire's Collector: Vampires

Field of Screams': The Soul Collectors

Blumhouse's Collectors: The family from Get Out, the Baguul, the Further, Ouija ghosts, the Beast, and maybe Purgers

Edited by wow
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Something that is interesting about the tweets being used to support the no icon belief:

Actual years without an icon: 1-9, 14, 22, 23, & 24. So, why just those two years? To simplify things for newer fans? Or is there something particular about those two years?

Hate to nitpick, but Years 5 and 6 DID have an Icon: The Cryptkeeper.

• Like 1

I'm just going to sit back and let my excitement for HHN fade. I am usually super pumped for HHN around this

time because its so close, but this year...meh. We're in July now and have 2 houses announced. I will say I am enjoying the rebirth of speculation that's been happening lately. So please keep it up, its all I have to keep me going regarding HHN.

8 minutes ago, Roadkill013 said:

I'm just going to sit back and let my excitement for HHN fade. I am usually super pumped for HHN around this

time because its so close, but this year...meh. We're in July now and have 2 houses announced. I will say I am enjoying the rebirth of speculation that's been happening lately. So please keep it up, its all I have to keep me going regarding HHN.

Technically we also have our "mascot" announced which I guess might be the closest to an icon we get this year. I wish they would've had Cindy because the Orfanage seemed like a cool house and I wanna do it

2 minutes ago, wow said:

Technically we also have our "mascot" announced which I guess might be the closest to an icon we get this year. I wish they would've had Cindy because the Orfanage seemed like a cool house and I wanna do it

That house gets a lot of hate, and it might be because it was my 1st year officially attending HHN after 2 previous failed attempts in '07 & '09, but I liked that house a great deal. The little kids reaching out at you from the walls and the fire effects were all top notch.

13 minutes ago, Roadkill013 said:

That house gets a lot of hate, and it might be because it was my 1st year officially attending HHN after 2 previous failed attempts in '07 & '09, but I liked that house a great deal. The little kids reaching out at you from the walls and the fire effects were all top notch.

yeah that was a great house. the whole premise was creepy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, b-wolf95 said:

Dude, the vampire clown thing was just random guessing.  We have no idea what the vampire house will be like.

Yeah i know it's random guessing, but since it's the latest assumption I used it 

11 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

yeah that was a great house. the whole premise was creepy.

Do you think they'll ever reboot it or give it a sequel; I feel like the Orfanage & The Spawning had really good concepts but fell flat according to the GP

12 minutes ago, wow said:

Do you think they'll ever reboot it or give it a sequel; I feel like the Orfanage & The Spawning had really good concepts but fell flat according to the GP

hard telling. I like the Orphanage but thought the Spawning was pretty meh. They do like their reboots though. So could be!

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

hard telling. I like the Orphanage but thought the Spawning was pretty meh. They do like their reboots though. So could be!

They rebooted Ghost Town and that seemed to be good; even though Ghost Town was a fan favorite in '04 I hope they use reboots as a second chance for houses that seemed to get negative reviews(redo Spawning but change it a LOT and make the sculders scary, redo Orfanage, and maybe reboot Leave It To Cleaver *it was good I know but idk how they'd give it a seque*)

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

Id kill to see leave it to Cleaver again... LOVED that house. Was it last year or the year before the Meetz Meats guy was outside the exit to a house? Was it 25 years of M&M? that was awesome.

yeah it was in '15 he and Eddie were waiting outside the house.

2 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Id kill to see leave it to Cleaver again... LOVED that house. Was it last year or the year before the Meetz Meats guy was outside the exit to a house? Was it 25 years of M&M? that was awesome.

Yeah the Meatz Meets mascot was at the exit with Eddie; I feel like the only way Cleaver can come back is if they reboot it,idk how a sequel or prequel would work. It looked like such a fun maze I want it back!

1 minute ago, wow said:

Yeah the Meatz Meets mascot was at the exit with Eddie; I feel like the only way Cleaver can come back is if they reboot it,idk how a sequel or prequel would work. It looked like such a fun maze I want it back!

Maybe they escaped to another country and they opens a meat shop there and are serving local cuisines... as long as no one cries cultural appropriation it could be fun! LOL

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic