HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Just now, PeoriaBJJ said:

Agreed for sure. Maybe Uni will knocks the Shining out of the park and King sees it and is like "ok good work. I'll let you make a Cujo house"!

A fan can dream!!!! How sick would a Cujo house be??????

That would be great. I think a mega house with three or four short stories represented would be great. You Know They Got A Hell Of A Band would make a great comedy house. 

2 minutes ago, RevFreako said:

That would be great. I think a mega house with three or four short stories represented would be great. You Know They Got A Hell Of A Band would make a great comedy house. 

I was hoping for a Maximum Overdrive house lolol 

45 minutes ago, elhev said:
48 minutes ago, RevFreako said:

I was hoping for a Maximum Overdrive house lolol 

A Silver Bullet, Cujo, Salems Lot and Children of the Corn mash up! All the movies that scared me as a kid! LOL

Really though a King mash-up house would be limitless awesome...

13 hours ago, TheLadyGator said:

FYI, the fiancé and I visited Universal tonight and a team member all but officially confirmed the Scarecrow/Dustbowl house. I pressed him about others but he didn't know. 

Was it a bus driver? They know EVERYTHING ;)

• Like 1

My point is that anyone in the park who says anything isn't a credible source. The only people who know anything are those who work directly with the event--and they aren't in the park. When information gets released to the public, THAT is when all of the everyday employees find out too. Anything else is 100% speculation/rumour that they probably picked up from boards like this one. 

The 'bus driver' thing is a Disney thing, because Disney bus drivers LOOOOVE to talk about stuff that's 'definitely happening' to guests for some strange reason. 

• Like 3

I feel like this speculation thread has taken a weird turn in the last week or so. Some people who have an idea of how past HHN rumors work have been throwing out sarcastic or satirical comments and some have taken them as fact or real speculation. Hopefully when the next announcement arrives, it will ground the "speculation" that is going on.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, N i c k said:

I feel like this speculation thread has taken a weird turn in the last week or so. Some people who have an idea of how past HHN rumors work have been throwing out sarcastic or satirical comments and some have taken them as fact or real speculation. Hopefully when the next announcement arrives, it will ground the "speculation" that is going on.

Agreed. Some people are taking this stuff as gospel, things could be changing right now or the information being passed could've been wrong from jump. Only things for sure are AHS and Shining in my opinion everything else is speculation until it comes from UO

• Like 1

Yeah, this discussion's become very tangential.  I though it was because Universal was giving us nothing to work with, but even with the Soul Reaper stuff, we got side-tracked very quickly.  Were past speculation threads like this?

This year has definitely been different, both because it is the most popular the event has been so we're getting all these new peeps who may or may not know the drill like some of the veterans of the event, and of course the obvious lack of announcements/information/anything. Not always in a bad way, just in a different way. 

• Like 1

Late night insomniac musings cause there really is spec potential still:

See, we have a rough outline of the event. This outline is a potential (nothing is set in stone until it is announced). But, we appear to have gone off on tangents when we really don't know what some houses will be. 

For instances, Scarecrow/Dust Bowl: How's it going to work? What will be the monster we face? Is it a fungal related concept as suggested by the Ifrit? Will it be the Soul Collectors' house? The image of the "soldier" is probably linked to this house. Why? The sepia tones that match the photography and videography of the Dust Bowl era. Then there's that dog tag. I know someone mentioned something about notches and designs of dog tags, but from what I've been able to research, notchless dog tags are pre-WWII tags. The notches were added after WWI.

This, of course, adds a whole new speculation element. If WWI soldier, or more aptly a soldier who served in WWI, will that war in some way play into the elements of the house? I can say, the mask does resemble WWI gas masks. The first war that involved modern chemical warfare. Now, add in the very obvious foreground face that is in front of the soldier, and the spec grows even further. The face appears desiccated, but appears to have a similar apparatus fused to it. 

The spec can can now go many routes. Soldiers assisted during the Dust Bowl. Retired soldiers could have simply moved to the areas preceding the Dust Bowl. What has caused the damage we see? Fungal infection? Some form of demonic infection/entity? The Soul Collectors are having us join them by sacrificing our souls. We become Elite Soul Collectors by making the ultimate sacrifice. Is that what we are seeing? Is the damage caused by sacrificing one's soul? 

There's always room for spec, and while some spec catches our eye more than others depending on our tastes, good speculation is had when ideas are bounced off each other and substance for the spec exists. 

What appears to be happening is instead of challenging a spec or improving upon it, we are latching on to the first thing we hear. 

This is is why riddles are good (especially for originals). They can poke and prod us out of a preconceived notions and comfort zone. Maybe not by the solving or initial solving, but by simply picking apart word usage and building off it. 

Let's not be stagnant. Let's challenge one another. 

• Like 9

Has anyone seen or heard anything about what the hours will be on opening weekend? To my knowledge, it has always closed at midnight on the first weekend, but I didn't see it listed on the site so I thought it may be different this year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, N i c k said:

Has anyone seen or heard anything about what the hours will be on opening weekend? To my knowledge, it has always closed at midnight on the first weekend, but I didn't see it listed on the site so I thought it may be different this year.

I don't think it's listed anywhere on the site. Guessing they'll put that info out with the full reveal?

13 minutes ago, zacVStheworld said:

So i've heard rumors about there not being an icon. How would this work out i've only been to two years of HHN and they both had icons, big ones as a matter of fact, Could a longer veteran explain how a year without an icon is like??  :(

I'm also curious about this, I did go in 24, but I was too scared to realize what was going on and was kind of just there for AvP. I only did two houses and didn't notice much.

6 hours ago, scithe said:

Years without icons are pretty much the same as a year with.  But instead of some people being disappointed by an icon's house, they will be disappointed by a different house instead.

While I don't agree entirely with what you said, I think this is pretty funny.

So, without an icon it feels less cohesive in some ways, but it doesn't change the event much. Just be glad the zombies are gone, because when the walking dead was essentially the "icon" it was awful.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, N i c k said:

While I don't agree entirely with what you said, I think this is pretty funny.

So, without an icon it feels less cohesive in some ways, but it doesn't change the event much. Just be glad the zombies are gone, because when the walking dead was essentially the "icon" it was awful.

I am so absolutely sick of zombies.  It seems to have been the horror genre's cheap craze the past few years.  Fortunately, there have been enough other things to keep me occupied. Thankfully, they are not back at HHN this year.

• Like 4