HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

:)

1) Difference is Jigsaw, scenery wise, will be EXTREMELY similar to the other Saw movies. Hence why if ST/BC did comparable environments I would shit on it. Thankfully, they didn't. Hence why when Creative has free reign they know often times near-exact replicas suck.

2) I agree, overrated as hell house.

3) Correct, hence why it sucked.

4) Hence, why most people were very disappointing.

5) I mean I agree with this here minus the redneck part.

you just proved there point

2 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

:)

1) Difference is Jigsaw, scenery wise, will be EXTREMELY similar to the other Saw movies. Hence why if ST/BC did comparable environments I would shit on it. Thankfully, they didn't. Hence why when Creative has free reign they know often times near-exact replicas suck.

2) I agree, overrated as hell house.

3) Correct, hence why it sucked.

4) Hence, why most people were very disappointing.

5) I mean I agree with this here minus the redneck part.

Did you like 2011 though??? If not then I don't think there was any year that you would've liked

5 hours ago, wow said:

I'm not too crazy about but Evil Dead but I never did it in 2013, so I'm just hoping it's fun. I think the only reason they're naming it Ash vs Evil Dead is because if they named it "Evil Dead" people would confuse it for what was at 23, which was based off of the remake. Since it's named after the show, people will think it's something new; I don't agree with it but I see why they did it

^This. 

This is why it will be called Ash vs. the Evil Dead. Considering individuals on this forum are confusing the reboot with the original, it makes perfect sense to highlight the fact that this is ASH not Mia. 

5 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I don't mind if they bring houses back. There are only so many popular enough films to choose from that would get the people going. However, using shady false advertisements to cover up a repeat from only a few years back is just lame in my opinion. They couldn't wait another year or two to bring it back, or better yet, actually use material from the show? If this rumor turns out to be true I guess that will be one house I'll only need to visit a couple times. 

They aren't bringing it back. Evil Dead 1 and 2 have never been at the event. The closest we have come to Bruce Campbell's Evil Dead is the Pit Bitch (sorry for the language, but that's the actual name of the character) scene in Silver Screams, and that is technically from Army of Darkness. 

I have seen many people asking why there isn't a dark comedy house or what do you think the dark comedy house will be? The answer is quite simple. Ash vs. the Evil Dead will be the dark comedy house. The amount of camp in the original Evil Dead is phenomenal. Look no further than the Deadites for campy, dark comedy. 

The reboot took a far more serious route than the original Evil Dead. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

^This. 

This is why it will be called Ash vs. the Evil Dead. Considering individuals on this forum are confusing the reboot with the original, it makes perfect sense to highlight the fact that this is ASH not Mia. 

They aren't bringing it back. Evil Dead 1 and 2 have never been at the event. The closest we have come to Bruce Campbell's Evil Dead is the Pit Bitch (sorry for the language, but that's the actual name of the character) scene in Silver Screams, and that is technically from Army of Darkness. 

I have seen many people asking why there isn't a dark comedy house or what do you think the dark comedy house will be? The answer is quite simple. Ash vs. the Evil Dead will be the dark comedy house. The amount of camp in the original Evil Dead is phenomenal. Look no further than the Deadites for campy, dark comedy. 

The reboot took a far more serious route than the original Evil Dead. 

Thank you for this. Evil Dead 80's and Evil Dead 2013 are completely different tones, characters, etc. All that's similar is the cabin setting, and even then it's used way differently in the original films. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Thank you for this. Evil Dead 80's and Evil Dead 2013 are completely different tones, characters, etc. All that's similar is the cabin setting, and even then it's used way differently in the original films. 

correct but the original is better

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SinisterSally said:

As someone has already said I was told they asked about shaving heads in auditions this year. I've heard its for the original vampire house.

The vamp house wasn't confirmed when that rumor/info first appeared. I shall leave it at that. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Of course. I did like the reboot for what it was but it doesn't compare to the originals.

Agreed. You can't compare the two due to the completely disparate tones. 

The original one is camp slathered in cheese with more cheese sauce thrown on top. The reboot is serious horror. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

2011's houses were FANTASTIC.

See now I like you critical. I never went to 2011 but the house concepts and the lineup seems so amazing, and considering that the House of the Year that year was a 3D house should sell that it was a great year. If I had a HHN time machine I would go to HHN 19 and 21.

24 minutes ago, wow said:

See now I like you critical. I never went to 2011 but the house concepts and the lineup seems so amazing, and considering that the House of the Year that year was a 3D house should sell that it was a great year. If I had a HHN time machine I would go to HHN 19 and 21.

Forsaken got house of the year. And in-between. Bit of story behind that.

34 minutes ago, SinisterSally said:

No I know the vamp rumor is relatively new but open auditions took place after we had found out about the conjuring leaving. I've just been told one house is calling for shaved heads, contacts, and dental appliances. They've heard its for the original vampire house. I'm personally guessing vampires in the realm of nosferatu style aesthetics. 

They may have heard many things. As I stated, the rumors of shaved heads existed before the vamp house was confirmed. Quite possibly before it was known that Conjuring was loss. 

• Like 1

AWIL 2.0 was my first HHN house EVER. Sadly, I saw next to nothing. Was too busy being a noob and staring at the floor while someone dragged me through. They need to do it again so I can go through alone, lol. 

My only beef with the leaked lineup is what convoluted way all the IPs will be tied together, if at all. I know last year's excuse was WEAK, but would be super disappointed if icons and overall theming were dropped. That would 100% represent Marketing/corporate overstepping their bounds. Yeah, I go to HHN to be scared sometimes. But the lore and the backstory was what got me frantically Googling once I got home. 

6 minutes ago, Alice said:

AWIL 2.0 was my first HHN house EVER. Sadly, I saw next to nothing. Was too busy being a noob and staring at the floor while someone dragged me through. They need to do it again so I can go through alone, lol. 

My only beef with the leaked lineup is what convoluted way all the IPs will be tied together, if at all. I know last year's excuse was WEAK, but would be super disappointed if icons and overall theming were dropped. That would 100% represent Marketing/corporate overstepping their bounds. Yeah, I go to HHN to be scared sometimes. But the lore and the backstory was what got me frantically Googling once I got home. 

i do love that maze from videos, sadly i have never been to hhn but i will attend one day

350x700px-LL-326a6fb4_false-dwight.gif

i would attend but i live in canada

i want a friday the 13th maze badly

tumblr_nfknbrvitS1spq12ao1_500.gif

Friday-the-13th-Part-3-friday-the-13th-2tumblr_lxq6kmdhsq1qfr6udo5_500.gif?w=954

giphy.gif

Here's an alternative theory (only my own) of the lack of HHN marketing:  They already have a following and can rely on that.  But, perhaps, marketing's main manpower right now is being focused on spinning the unmitigated disaster known as Volcano Bay.  I live here.  Talked to a few that went.  In Uni's haste to scramble to compete for Disney's Avatar opening, they rushed everything.  Construction is still going on.  No onsite parking.  Their version of the magic bands either don't always work or are flawed.  I'm pretty sure they never ever held an honest to goodness soft-opening period.  Look on Tripadvisor at the reviews.  No bueno.

So if you're Marketing, do you say "let's get in front of this mess and worry about HHN 2nd?"  Could be...

• Like 2