HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

8 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

Discussion has died quite a bit with lack of announcements so I'll quote this from HHNU:

" As reported this week by HHNU Universal needs more scareactors, so they have released a list of body types to fill unspecified scareactor roles, they include:

• 5′ 1” and under females with petite and youthful (childlike) appearance.
  • 5′ 6” to 5′ 10” African American females of athletic build.
  • 5′ 10” or taller females with a slim build.
  • 5′ 10” to 6′ 2” slender build males with ‘facial features’ (?) able to appear 30-39.
  • White males of age range 40 to 50.
  • 5′ 11′ to 6′ 5” slender build males.
  • 5′ 11′ or taller African American males of athletic build and must be tattoo free on chest, arms, abdomen, hands and neck.
  • Male and female Stilt Walkers Maximum up to weight 190lbs.
  • Seeking male stilt walkers 6’ – 6’ 8” in height . Must have previous BigFoot Stilt Walking Experience.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm thinking the first bullet is the twins from the Shining, the African American males that need to be free of tattoos I'm assuming is the Coven aspect of AHS. Not sure about any of the others. 

i think the white males of age range 40 to 50 will be jack since jack nicholson was 43 during filming of the movie. and 5′ 6” to 5′ 10” African American females of athletic build will probably be the voodo queen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mermaidvomit said:

I have a question about Unmasking the Horror tour (in all the 10 years I've been going [I'm getting old :(] I've never done UTH), getting it as a surprise anniversary present for my Shining/Kubrick obsessed boyfriend, I was wondering how the 6 houses for the longer tour get chosen? I've decided on the 6 house tour mainly for The Shining- are the more popular IP houses usually chosen for the tours? 

Lots of different criteria, but something to be aware of is they can change the lineups at any time without notice.  Sounds like your common legalese disclaimer,  but it really holds weight with the tours.  They have to do regular maintenance on the houses during the event...and if they have to fix something with the electric (or whatever) in The Shining the day you do the tour, you aren't guaranteed you'll see it.

They also have some leeway/discretion as to what houses to do based on guests (like if you show up with a Shining shirt on, that might help your changes) and a zillion other variables.

Don't want to ruin your plans...but they are VERY accommodating.  Show up for your tour early and ask if they are planning on doing the house.  If they say there's a particular reason that they aren't doing it that day, they very well may let you change your date for your tour if you're there multiple dates.  I mentioned earlier that my friend decided to do the tour at the last second, it was allegedly sold out, and we got there early and they told him to go buy a ticket for any other day and they'd transfer it to "today".

The past 2 years (I think) they've actually set it up so you can buy tickets online at at kiosks.  Prior to that you had to call the VIP number.  Prior to that you had to request a form to fill out and fax it in.  It's not the most well oiled machine...but they are very flexible and try their best to accommodate you.  

In the past, I've done 7 houses on a tour once (guide asked our group if we wanted to hurry through the one house and then go through another), had them let us in the exit of AWIL to get our picture taken with the wolf puppet at the end, and been given a full "behind the scenes tour" that included showing how scareactors move around behind the walls and asking the people in the makeup/costume shipping container if we could come in an poke around (they let us, but no pictures...and this was before last year's new picture policy...and a supervisor came along and kicked us out).  

• Like 1

Got a friend that is "in-the-know" but won't ever give me any details (I have to find out most things from this forum). Either he sent me this as a red herring since he knows what I'll assume, or this was some kind of reward/tease and was sent to me as a legit hint. Does anyone know if there was some kind of commercial or photo shoot recently? That would make a lot more sense if so.

bi13bm.jpg

EDIT: Just for clarification. I don't think this was taken from inside a house. Wouldn't it be too early to have show lights? It also wouldn't make much sense for him to be inside the physical set up, which is why I ask if anyone knew of a photoshoot or commercials being shot.

Double edit: This photo was shared with permission. Again, no idea what it pertains to, if anything.

Edited by Sledge
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Got a friend that is "in-the-know" but won't ever give me any details (I have to find out most things from this forum). Either he sent me this as a red herring since he knows what I'll assume, or this was some kind of reward/tease and was sent to me as a legit hint. Does anyone know if there was some kind of commercial or photo shoot recently? That would make a lot more sense if so.

bi13bm.jpg

EDIT: Just for clarification. I don't think this was taken from inside a house. Wouldn't it be too early to have show lights? It also wouldn't make much sense for him to be inside the physical set up, which is why I ask if anyone knew of a photoshoot or commercials being shot.

Does that skull have a snake coming out of its mouth? If so, could it be a hint about the death eaters!? I see potions in the background!

• Like 1

Just now, TheLadyGator said:

Does that skull have a snake coming out of its mouth? If so, could it be a hint about the death eaters!? I see potions in the background!

I really can't tell. I lightened it as much as I could without washing it out completely. I thought it was someone holding it, but now that you mention it being a snake, it does looks too skinny to be someone's wrist. Unless it's just a giant skull?

Just now, QueenoftheBunnies said:

That looks like something from Knockturn Alley. Your friend might just be screwing with you. 

Honestly, my first thought was it was just a picture from the scarezone a couple years back. But it didn't look familiar and I didn't see it in any pictures. 

Could be him screwing with me, but given what he has access to it wouldn't be far-fetched to believe it was actually something from this year.

22 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Honestly, my first thought was it was just a picture from the scarezone a couple years back. But it didn't look familiar and I didn't see it in any pictures. 

Could be him screwing with me, but given what he has access to it wouldn't be far-fetched to believe it was actually something from this year.

The green glow next to the skull is a very Avada Kedavra green. My only other guess would be something from the voodoo house.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheLadyGator said:

Discussion has died quite a bit with lack of announcements so I'll quote this from HHNU:

" As reported this week by HHNU Universal needs more scareactors, so they have released a list of body types to fill unspecified scareactor roles, they include:

• 5′ 10” to 6′ 2” slender build males with ‘facial features’ (?) able to appear 30-39.
  • 5′ 11′ or taller African American males of athletic build and must be tattoo free on chest, arms, abdomen, hands and neck.
  • Seeking male stilt walkers 6’ – 6’ 8” in height . Must have previous BigFoot Stilt Walking Experience.

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm thinking the first bullet is the twins from the Shining, the African American males that need to be free of tattoos I'm assuming is the Coven aspect of AHS. Not sure about any of the others. 

5'11" to 6'5" slender build males strikes me as possibly being some of the baddies from the Blumhouse mashup House, since those seem like ideal body dimensions for playing Lipstick Demon from 'Insidious' or Bughuul from 'Sinister.'

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheLadyGator said:

Don't really have any ideas about this, but can I just say that I'm glad that we have something to work with after all this dead air from Universal.

• Like 2

Exactly how large are they planning on these stilts walkers being?

I think that's probably our largest hint/clue. 

Even if the Bigfoot stilts are on the smaller side, that places the males at 7'6" to 8'2". If the stilts are closer to 48" instead of 18", that's at least 10 ft. 

17 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Exactly how large are they planning on these stilts walkers being?

I think that's probably our largest hint/clue. 

Even if the Bigfoot stilts are on the smaller side, that places the males at 7'6" to 8'2". If the stilts are closer to 48" instead of 18", that's at least 10 ft. 

Bigfoots run either 2.5 or 3 feet.  Just depends on specifics for the role.  With a 6' height minimum, you'll most likely see 9' and taller. 

I personally have no clue what's happening, but when hearing a current park IP will be used, along with bigfoots...I thought Deatheaters.  I'd assume they're using the stilts to carry additional weight, which could mean stilt walkers puppeteering large puppets. 

Again, this is entirely personal speculation. 

Edited by MrBungle
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrBungle said:

Bigfoots run either 2.5 or 3 feet.  Just depends on specifics for the role.  With a 6' height minimum, you'll most likely see 9' and taller. 

I personally have no clue what's happening, but when hearing a current park IP will be used, along with bigfoots...I thought Deatheaters.  I'd assume they're using the stilts to carry additional weight, which could mean stilt walkers puppeteering large puppets. 

Again, this is entirely personal speculation. 

I'm 5'1". They are going to be huge to anyone my height. 

Dementors may be a more appropriate first thought given the extra weight. Or puppets for the rumored sci-fi zone. 

There's another possibility, Canyon. I'll need to look back at pics of that zone, though. 

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I'm 5'1". They are going to be huge to anyone my height. 

Dementors may be a more appropriate first thought given the extra weight. Or puppets for the rumored sci-fi zone. 

There's another possibility, Canyon. I'll need to look back at pics of that zone, though. 

You're right, I think that's what I meant in my head, but mixed up Dementors with Deatheaters. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HHNManics said:

Split. Thus far the Mashup consists of Insidious, Sinister, Get Out, Ouija (Mentioned by my Source), and seems like Split as well.

I have some watching to do. I saw Sinister when it first came out and I havent seen any of the others.... some horror fan I am huh?

8 hours ago, marmoset said:

The town of Amity sure knows how to throw a killer 4th of July celebration! Wait where did the funnel cakes go?ay find yourself in another part of the world

They disappeared like magic or something, now it's the opposite of Fourth of July.

God Save the Queen.

• Like 1

So with me being a newbie with all of the HHN speculation, I decided to look at what Mike Aiello use to post on the Twitter last year and it was so much better. He was constantly posting hints and little pics of the sets being built. Why do you think they wanted to change this? 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

So with me being a newbie with all of the HHN speculation, I decided to look at what Mike Aiello use to post on the Twitter last year and it was so much better. He was constantly posting hints and little pics of the sets being built. Why do you think they wanted to change this? 

Mike has far more on his plate than HHN. It was changed due to his need to focus on all his responsibilities. 

Now, those running the Twitter account are most likely as in the dark as we are. They are most likely only provided information when it is deemed necessary. Limiting the number of individuals who have information limits the potential for information to leak. 

It is not the lack of information that is the issue, but the lack of imagination. It would be quite simple to supply clues and cryptic information that aren't so heavy handed and cliche without providing details to those who shouldn't have it. Someone, somewhere, in marketing knows everything. It is this person who seems to lack the imagination to put forth teasers with substance. 

It would, also, be better if the social media team/personnel refrained from typical "spooky behavior" and learned to create better exchanges. 

When faced by witty comebacks or speculation, they resort to canned phrases. They need individuals who are better at on demand verbal comebacks. 

• Like 5