HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

14 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I hope to God it is not true. Sounds like a shit idea. Why does everyone go into these "superhero" esque "SUMMONING THE QUEEN OF" type of garbage? 

If they want to use Cindy (...ugh...) do not make her a focal point of the event.

I can't believe Bayou of Blood is a house, total garbage. 

What types of originals DO you want then?

On 6/7/2017 at 5:31 PM, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Back in 2009, a user on the Vault (don't know if he's still here?) had this idea for the Grim Reaper as an icon. It sounded really good (though it did copy a lot of '08 concepts)--one of the scarezones was an evil version of Candyland.

Oh man, that's a trip. Amazed someone remembers that pitch in such detail. I think his name was Billy Kushner - a farmer who grew closer to the dark arts (eventually becoming the Grim Reaper) after the death of his wife.

Candyland was a fun zone idea. I wish I still had those docs somewhere.

EDIT: Realize my post was vague. I'm the guy who wrote that.

Edited by Fallow
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gambit said:

What if Cindy was the main Icon but she's called forth other various figures of death to help her. You could have the Voodoo Queen doing her thing, Lady Death bringing in the Day of the Dead stuff, and even good old daddy Caretaker doing some more autopsies somewhere. 

Carve- Voodoo Queen

Time- Caretaker

Phenomenon- ?

Culture- Lady Death

Icon- Cindy

That's just my 2 cents. 

gambit that hhn 6 did for   lady death the whole event wasnt just but other but other charachters that were connect to the houses

3 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

The truth is that nothing is going to satisfy him. They could re-create 18 and he would still find something to complain about. I don't mean to be rude but complaining and pining for the "glory years" honestly seems to be his goal.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

42 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

From page one of this thread.

• Catacombs 2: Start in crypt, end up on streets of France, enter Notre Dame, "die" by being tossed out of the stained glass. (cata/gothic crossover, yay)
  • H.R. Bloodngutz 2: Different seasons
  • Serial killer house: include famous serial killers over time
  • A take on a funeral parlor a la Zombie Mortuary over at HOS
  • An "Underwater" house, non-mythical house. Show sunken boats, sunken houses, sunken cars, sunken ships. 
  • Vamp 1955 house

It's really hard listening to criticisms. I work in a similar industry and truly enjoy the following from fans that we have... BUT there is so much to consider-- mostly due to budget, laws, safety and time I assume. I am sure Universal is working hard and it's a miracle that something of this magnitude can occur annually.  If someone thinks they can do it better-- try to... or get a job at Universal Creative and work at improving it form the inside. People really shouldn't be so critical unless they're doing something to contribute. It's really, really just too easy to pass comments like this from the safety of your comfortable desk chair.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Xtine said:

It's really hard listening to criticisms. I work in a similar industry and truly enjoy the following from fans that we have... BUT there is so much to consider-- mostly due to budget, laws, safety and time I assume. I am sure Universal is working hard and it's a miracle that something of this magnitude can occur annually.  If someone thinks they can do it better-- try to... or get a job at Universal Creative and work at improving it form the inside. People really shouldn't be so critical unless they're doing something to contribute. It's really, really just too easy to pass comments like this from the safety of your comfortable desk chair.

I understand this too. I work in special events and so I get a feel for some of the reasoning behind why they do and don't do certain things. I'd say probably 80% of the time they make a decision that gets bad criticism, they aren't doing it because they're stupid they're doing it either because they have to for logistics or because that's what will work best to achieve their goal. The other 20% of the time probably is just poor decision making/not listening to the masses. Everything is placed and done for a reason and it's easy to get huffy about it when you don't understand why. 

Edited by QueenoftheBunnies
Finishing thoughts

To be honest I rarely see (in my opinion) a truly unruly idea or thought here. Everyone has preferences - If no one constantly pushed for new things the event would be stale. If no one pushed for what made the event what it is the event would lose its character and charm.

I come here because I like to see people speculate. I like to hear what people both love and hate.

27 minutes ago, Xtine said:

People really shouldn't be so critical unless they're doing something to contribute. It's really, really just too easy to pass comments like this from the safety of your comfortable desk chair.

I don't think anyone here says anything out of malice. I've never seen it as a verses them situation because at the end of the day the most disagreeable person still loves the event and (hopefully) is glad we're fortunate enough that such an event even exists. Just my two cents.

More importantly however, are we just getting a SZ for the Icon?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

More importantly however, are we just getting a SZ for the Icon?

Well IF the Icon is Cindy and IF the "Icon" code name for the scarezone is actually for the icon then she'll be getting 1 house (Dark Fortunes) and 1 scarezone. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

The truth is that nothing is going to satisfy him. They could re-create 18 and he would still find something to complain about. I don't mean to be rude but complaining and pining for the "glory years" honestly seems to be his goal.

I like the cut of your jb.

2 hours ago, Xtine said:

Use the ignore user feature explained a few pages back.  Makes this place a joy to visit again when you mute certain people :)

I'm getting quite excited about this year and was on the fence about going (work and other real life issues mostly), but am leaning towards make the trip this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

From page one of this thread.

• Catacombs 2: Start in crypt, end up on streets of France, enter Notre Dame, "die" by being tossed out of the stained glass. (cata/gothic crossover, yay)
  • H.R. Bloodngutz 2: Different seasons
  • Serial killer house: include famous serial killers over time
  • A take on a funeral parlor a la Zombie Mortuary over at HOS
  • An "Underwater" house, non-mythical house. Show sunken boats, sunken houses, sunken cars, sunken ships. 
  • Vamp 1955 house

Serial killer wouldn't work just because victims family members are still alive for most of the famous serial killers, that's why we didn't get the Halloween dinner party from AHS season 5. Other than that all of those ideas sound awesome.

• Like 2

Just now, Jediwhit82 said:

Serial killer wouldn't work just because victims family members are still alive for most of the famous serial killers, that's why we didn't get the Halloween dinner party from AHS season 5. Other than that all of those ideas sound awesome.

Probably because I'm a sick mofo, I could put together a list of serial killers whose victims' families are all dead without too much trouble. 

Just now, RevFreako said:

Probably because I'm a sick mofo, I could put together a list of serial killers whose victims' families are all dead without too much trouble. 

That would be cool, but I feel like that would defeat the point of basing it off of real people. You want people to recognize the names. I'm kind of sick too I guess, Ive always thought a nightingales WW2 would be amazing, but I'll have to wait a few more decades for that.

• Like 1

That would be cool, but I feel like that would defeat the point of basing it off of real people. You want people to recognize the names. I'm kind of sick too I guess, Ive always thought a nightingales WW2 would be amazing, but I'll have to wait a few more decades for that.

You could put together an ace house based on Albert Fish alone.

Well, googling that was a mistake, would be super scary though for sure!

Protip: never google anything I mention on a work computer.

5 hours ago, RevFreako said:

I think you'd run into a different issue with older serial killers. It wouldn't be family or unrecognized names, it would be tropes. 

As an example: 

Hotel that houses hidden passages that allows the abduction and murder of guests = Holmes. 

It's been done. The earlier you go, some horror movie will have had an inspiration from it. 

Look at Jack. He's Gacy mixed with Pennywise. While the character has evolved, that's his root. 

Without the the appeal of the recognizable name, it is simply a trope that we've seen before. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I think you'd run into a different issue with older serial killers. It wouldn't be family or unrecognized names, it would be tropes. 

As an example: 

Hotel that houses hidden passages that allows the abduction and murder of guests = Holmes. 

It's been done. The earlier you go, some horror movie will have had an inspiration from it. 

Look at Jack. He's Gacy mixed with Pennywise. While the character has evolved, that's his root. 

Without the the appeal of the recognizable name, it is simply a trope that we've seen before. 

While I don't disagree, I think all horror, especially in a 4-7 minute haunted house, is tropes on tropes on tropes. It's what you do with the tropes that counts.

Although I'm fairly certain that in the case of Albert Fish, inserting dozens of sewing needles into one's own groin just for funsies  is fairly original.

14 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Use the ignore user feature explained a few pages back.  Makes this place a joy to visit again when you mute certain people :)

I'm getting quite excited about this year and was on the fence about going (work and other real life issues mostly), but am leaning towards make the trip this year.

Thanks- I hop on here on and off so don't really know who is who but now I understand the need to mute. I am excited about this year too!! So busy with expanding my business and my summer is going to be crazy!! Everything we booked we made sure was fully refundable because I didn't know if we can afford the time to go. However this is certainly something I can looking forward too and I am determined to visit HHN this year. All the speculation is fun but another announcement is way past due.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Xtine said:

Thanks- I hop on here on and off so don't really know who is who but now I understand the need to mute. I am excited about this year too!! So busy with expanding my business and my summer is going to be crazy!! Everything we booked we made sure was fully refundable because I didn't know if we can afford the time to go. However this is certainly something I can looking forward too and I am determined to visit HHN this year. All the speculation is fun but another announcement is way past due.

With an earlier statement from Hollywood about "Mid-June" for an announcement. I suspect we get a house next week if not our icon before or after that.

• Like 1

Good to see nothing changes here. I just found out about the whole possible icon deal. Have not tapped a single source (no point not going).

But I did go to the hhn page for giggles. That skull animation is odd. Anyone take it apart? There are some odd highlights. Not really sure why it needed to be animated in the first place.

That's all I got. Back to others things.

• Like 2

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic