HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

The Dark Tower trailer has dropped. Interestingly, The Overlook is briefly seen in the trailer. Not The Stanley Hotel (original inspiration for The Overlook and the one used in the 97 miniseries), but the Timberline Lodge (Kubrick's Overlook) 

You can actually see Jake standing outside the ruins of Pennywise's circus as well. You have to pause it, but it's there.

Edit: Found a pic.

ejplkwzaeavy.jpg

Edited by StupidStupidDan
  • Like 3

I know there are loopholes...but I think this close to the Scream/Purge debacle it would have to be an iron clad deal.  If King renounced the rights to the Kubrick movie, as I too have heard he's done, he still wrote the book and then made a mini-series years after the previous work.  So he clearly has some kind of rights to IPs.  If there was true King animosity towards haunts using his property in the past, which makes perfect sense given his hatred of some of the adaptations of his novels, I would think something as legally tricky as this would be something Uni would trip over themselves trying to run away from.  It would just be tempting fate.  

He signed off on the new Dark Tower movie that isn't even based on a book (they're calling it a re-imagining pulling from all the books....guess they're rebooting it before it was ever 'booted' to begin with).  Maybe he's just in the "cash grab" phase of his life :)  

His signature has to be on some dotted line if it happens.  

5 hours ago, Badge said:

If King is really on board, wouldn't it make perfect since to have an "It" house too? With the movie dropping a week before opening it, I think this would be the first time in event history were the movie and house are open side by side for the duration of HHN. Dracula Untold opened after HHN started so that one doesn't count and most of the other houses we get are a year later once the movie is on DVD. 

You know King has to closely follow the event. Maybe after all these years, he is seeing how the event just keeps growing and growing and very difficult to translate IP's are being turned into amazing houses. Maybe he finally has enough trust in Universal Art and Design that they will do his properties justice so he agreed to finally come on board. Plus, this might get the younger crowd interested in his books which would be a win for him.

I just can't see them even attempting to risk an IP without getting the TRUE IP holder on board anymore. After all the issues with Bloody Mary and then Scream, I can't see them wanting to go behind King's back. They WANT to work with him so bad. Going behind his back and saying "oh, its based on the movie, not the book" would be so insulting King would never listen to a word Universal had to say to him again. 

They would still need Carrie as well.

Am I the only one extraordinarily frustrated?  I mean, they HAVE to know there was a leak on The Shining.  Assuming it wasn't all a Photoshop bunch of bullshit.  If it was accurate, why aren't we getting a formal announcement?  I wonder what the hold up is?  By this time last year, we had more info than we do now.  Getting announcements or even hints is fun.  Does Aiello not do the Twitter feed anymore?  He used to at least play a little bit if  I'd send a tweet begging for info.  Now, it's dead silence.  WTF

7 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Am I the only one extraordinarily frustrated?  I mean, they HAVE to know there was a leak on The Shining.  Assuming it wasn't all a Photoshop bunch of bullshit.  If it was accurate, why aren't we getting a formal announcement?  I wonder what the hold up is?  By this time last year, we had more info than we do now.  Getting announcements or even hints is fun.  Does Aiello not do the Twitter feed anymore?  He used to at least play a little bit if  I'd send a tweet begging for info.  Now, it's dead silence.  WTF

As much as I hate to say it (drama purposes), I want the Horror Nights we had during the years of the Vault.

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Aiello stated at the end of last year he would not be running the ORL Twitter anymore and it's turning out exactly how I thought it would.

28 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

They have a launch schedule optimized for the masses that they aren't going to deviate from.  Everybody on the forums "already knows" and 85% of us are probably already committed to going this year like we do every other year.  What's to gain by announcing it early?

We've seen the photo capture, but Joe Sixpack hasn't.  It's like when a movie is illegally leaked on a Torrent site, do they rush out the Blu-Ray of it for fear of losing money?  No....because the people who illegally downloaded it weren't going to pay for it anyway.  So there's no reason to deviate from the plan.

Same here.  Is confirming to us what (we think) we already know going to influence us at all?  Nope.  95% of us already know if we're planning on going or not.  They have a strategy of what they want to announce and when that will maximize exposure and get the news out to as many undecided's as possible in the exactly manner they want.  Like the videos they use to announce the houses...maybe it's not done yet.  Maybe they're waiting for the facade construction to be finalized so they can use it in the reveal.  Maybe King is going to announce it at an event.  Etc, etc, etc.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Aiello stated at the end of last year he would not be running the ORL Twitter anymore and it's turning out exactly how I thought it would.

OH BALLS!  I somehow missed that.  Well, that is VERY disappointing.

15 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

They have a launch schedule optimized for the masses that they aren't going to deviate from.  Everybody on the forums "already knows" and 85% of us are probably already committed to going this year like we do every other year.  What's to gain by announcing it early?

We've seen the photo capture, but Joe Sixpack hasn't.  It's like when a movie is illegally leaked on a Torrent site, do they rush out the Blu-Ray of it for fear of losing money?  No....because the people who illegally downloaded it weren't going to pay for it anyway.  So there's no reason to deviate from the plan.

Same here.  Is confirming to us what (we think) we already know going to influence us at all?  Nope.  95% of us already know if we're planning on going or not.  They have a strategy of what they want to announce and when that will maximize exposure and get the news out to as many undecided's as possible in the exactly manner they want.  Like the videos they use to announce the houses...maybe it's not done yet.  Maybe they're waiting for the facade construction to be finalized so they can use it in the reveal.  Maybe King is going to announce it at an event.  Etc, etc, etc.

I get what you're saying.. to a point.  However, I wonder if they even think about people who travel for this event? (not including the Brits).  The reason I say so is because we travel for this - and over the years, we've brought several different people with us.  Sometimes, the influence could be what the houses are.  As many of you know, traveling requires planning, oftentimes, it requires saving up the money.  The more time you have to plan, the better.  

I get asked ALL THE TIME about the HHN shirts I wear, and last night, someone asked me about the cup I was drinking from (I carry my HHN 25 Tervis cup literally EVERYWHERE I go).  They saw the Chucky on it, and they wanted to know what it was.  So, I gave my usual speech about it being from Uni and Halloween Horror Nights, and if they are horror fans, they should put it on their bucket list to go because it's the most awesome event, etc, etc, etc.  My wife says, "I've said this many times, but I'll say it again - they (meaning Uni) should pay you."  If I had more concrete info on this year's event, I would've told those people that, too.. 

Maybe it doesn't matter to them if people travel for the event because so many locals show up.  However, if you think about it - it's the travelers (ie tourists) who are the bulk of the daily dollars.  Why wouldn't this apply to HHN?  

Sorry for the ramble - just thinking out loud - and  coming to the conclusion once again that earlier is always better.

On 4/13/2017 at 2:50 PM, hunnylvr said:

So because I hate waiting, I went back through the threads from HHN26 to see when the house announcements were made.  I had to laugh because the first house announced was on 4/14/16, and the comment was that was the earliest a thread for a house was ever started.  So, we already beat that this year with the AHS announcement happening on 3/29/17.

I'd love to know what you all think about this.  Since we received our first house announcement over two weeks earlier than our first one last year, can we hope to get earlier announcements on all the houses this year?  Here was last year's list:

TCM         4/14/16

Exorcist    4/26/16

TWD        6/3/16

Chance     6/9/16

Halloween 7/7/16

Krampus   8/4/16

Tomb       8/6/16

Ghost       8/10/16

AHS         8/16/16

Notice the month of May last year was an information wasteland.  I hope that's not true this year.  

Quoting myself to bring this timeline forward.  I wonder who is in charge of actually releasing info?  Does A&D have ANY say in it?  Did they last year? Is May going to be another suck month for info?  I cannot believe we haven't gotten anything since the end of March.  It's annoying.

37 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Quoting myself to bring this timeline forward.  I wonder who is in charge of actually releasing info?  Does A&D have ANY say in it?  Did they last year? Is May going to be another suck month for info?  I cannot believe we haven't gotten anything since the end of March.  It's annoying.

I think they are preparing things for June, June might actually be the new month for releasing stuff because you could tell that Shining is going to be a big announcement for both coasts, I think that's going to be one of their biggest announcements whether its first in the summer or last announcement for both who knows, but Mike doesn't do it, A&D I believe are probably behind it, but also Marketing because they want everything pristine and ready to go, also you have Patrick Billard is also behind stuff, that's the magic of anticipation, things get leaked so fast that it slows things and also you have to think about it from Dr. Jimmy's point that they are probably trying to build the sets first and get it done before releasing the news out you know, because all this time, they could be constructing the maze and don't have time to really put out anything without it giving the surprise away. We'll get our announcements soon, don't worry 

On 5/4/2017 at 11:40 PM, Ecto_Freak said:

I'm glad that those are gonna be dates, now if only they could have the announcement this year for the Ultimate Fear pass because that was a good one I had last year, it had all the nights, I practically went every night lmao 

21 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

This may answer the question regarding May being a suck month:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Someone needs to define "soon".  WTF?  <stomps feet like an angry toddler>

If you're stomping now, wait until the next announcement comes and it's The Walking Dead.  ^_^

Seriously though... someone a ways back mentioned a hype train for this year's event being kinda weak. I have to agree. Nothing I've read thus far (other than maybe the possibility of The Shining) has gotten me that excited. I'm hoping the leaked list is wrong, or if it is right, the originals better pick up the slack. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

If you're stomping now, wait until the next announcement comes and it's The Walking Dead.  ^_^

And you can bite my zombie-hating ass, sir*

*said with love, of course, my forum friend

2 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Seriously though... someone a ways back mentioned a hype train for this year's event being kinda weak. I have to agree. Nothing I've read thus far (other than maybe the possibility of The Shining) has gotten me that excited. I'm hoping the leaked list is wrong, or if it is right, the originals better pick up the slack. 

You have to realize that Marketing has control of what Universal puts out, yes that sucks but what can they do? I bet some of them really want things to come out but they have a certain agenda that they have to follow, Hollywood is in the same boat, they come to agree when they will release something or separately, its not that they choose to release things at a long time but its really the fact of marketing to overlook the whole situation and see if the planned idea is ready to put out and Walking Dead wouldn't come back, though, I wouldn't doubt Universal to release information about a year round maze sometime in June.

What if Orlando instead of getting the walking dead (which I assumed at some point in time will be made in orladno) instead got an AHS permanent walk-through attraction?

Could this be why we have an accelerated schedule of houses compared to Hollywood?

Just food for thought!!

18 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

What if Orlando instead of getting the walking dead (which I assumed at some point in time will be made in orladno) instead got an AHS permanent walk-through attraction?

Could this be why we have an accelerated schedule of houses compared to Hollywood?

Just food for thought!!

It wouldn't make sense to have a permanent walkthrough for AHS, the reason Walking Dead would be perfect is because of the enormous success that its had in Hollywood, obviously our version would be the same as Hollywood's with little changes and here there. Hopefully Murdy will elaborate on the AHS house and others soon. The thing is that Orlando and Hollywood always announce at the same time, Orlando tweeted out "soon..soon.." they knew this month was sucky to release anything because people have been upset with no announcements, I think in June we'll be getting our answers what's coming. 

2 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

Just food for thought!!

Since TWD is just kind of ALL ZOMBIES ALL THE TIME, while AHS is a different setting, story and theme every season, not sure how this would work without either intensely dated fast, or down for three months a year to revamp. The latter would probably also pull brains off HHN. Just my two bits.

I don't think Universal would add any full time haunt attraction...but if they did, updating it wouldn't be a concern.

• They didn't add the JP3 or Jurassic World dinosaurs to the JP ride.
  • They didn't add Fantastic Beast stuff to Harry Potter Land (I'm assuming that's true, haven't watched the movies).
  • They didn't add The Rock / Scorpion King to the Mummy Ride (assuming that came out after the ride was created).
  • They haven't updated The Simpsons with whatever has happened on the show the last 5 years.  (Ride makes me sick, so only went on it once...I assume Mrs Flanders or some other killed off character makes an appearance).
  • They didn't add Josh Brolin to the MIB queue videos.
  • Spider-Man, Transformers, etc, etc, etc.  

I just can't see them committing to an interactive ride/show type thing with 2 shifts of actors 365 days a year.  Especially when the die hard fans of HHN complain about the return of American Werewolf in London so soon...even though it was a lot of people's house of the year.  If the target audience gets sick of something showing up twice in a 2 year span, can't see them doing one permanently.....

...which points out the obvious flaw to my logic:  Hollywood has one!  Ummmmm, maybe it's the fact that it's never 100 degrees there (for the most part) and doesn't rain everyday causing costume and makeup issues, and actors are a dime a dozen and can be hired on the cheap, same with makeup artists, and, ummmm....  OK, I don't have a solid case for my argument.  But doesn't change the fact that I can't see it happen :)

Now, if they can do a VR experience around one of them, sure, can totally see that!  Duration and space limitations restricting you from walking around would be a bit impossible...but some kind of independent chair ride, with VR goggles allowing you to look around at Zombies and stuff, and some kind of control stick to make the chair go up, down, left, right, forward and back (only like a foot, but the VR fooling you) to avoid Zombies or something wouldn't surprise me.  Sorta like a Virtual Tummy ride like Simpsons, but on a much smaller scale like the screen on your goggles and you having the ability to control where you go.

Been a while since I had a never-ending novel where I think through something while typing....

All this talk of the Shining supposedly showing up this year is the reason I'm sharing this.  Robbie Williams is an artist not really big in the states (which I will never understand), but is HUGE in the UK.  I am going to the UK end of this month to see him perform.  Anyway, his new album has a song called "Hotel Crazy" which, when I heard it, I laughed my ass off and thought - OH MY GOD WHAT A GREAT SONG FOR THE SHINING QUEUE.  

Have a listen - trust me - you twisted horror fans will appreciate it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-zQ_Vvi2rM

2 hours ago, RevFreako said:

Since TWD is just kind of ALL ZOMBIES ALL THE TIME, while AHS is a different setting, story and theme every season, not sure how this would work without either intensely dated fast, or down for three months a year to revamp. The latter would probably also pull brains off HHN. Just my two bits.

Well I mean after dealing with all HHN events from 2012 to last year, yeah, that's basically the gist of it lol, and yes AHS would make a great thing but they wouldn't update, heck I don't think Ryan Murphy would approve it, only as a one time thing for HHN every year and that is pretty much it. And everything at Universal is dated, I mean look at the new Jimmy Fallon ride, it died off really quickly, they promoted it so many times and now its gone off tv, maybe one or two commercials and come on but that's really it for the ride. 

2 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

I don't think Universal would add any full time haunt attraction...but if they did, updating it wouldn't be a concern.

• They didn't add the JP3 or Jurassic World dinosaurs to the JP ride.
  • They didn't add Fantastic Beast stuff to Harry Potter Land (I'm assuming that's true, haven't watched the movies).
  • They didn't add The Rock / Scorpion King to the Mummy Ride (assuming that came out after the ride was created).
  • They haven't updated The Simpsons with whatever has happened on the show the last 5 years.  (Ride makes me sick, so only went on it once...I assume Mrs Flanders or some other killed off character makes an appearance).
  • They didn't add Josh Brolin to the MIB queue videos.
  • Spider-Man, Transformers, etc, etc, etc.  

I just can't see them committing to an interactive ride/show type thing with 2 shifts of actors 365 days a year.  Especially when the die hard fans of HHN complain about the return of American Werewolf in London so soon...even though it was a lot of people's house of the year.  If the target audience gets sick of something showing up twice in a 2 year span, can't see them doing one permanently.....

...which points out the obvious flaw to my logic:  Hollywood has one!  Ummmmm, maybe it's the fact that it's never 100 degrees there (for the most part) and doesn't rain everyday causing costume and makeup issues, and actors are a dime a dozen and can be hired on the cheap, same with makeup artists, and, ummmm....  OK, I don't have a solid case for my argument.  But doesn't change the fact that I can't see it happen :)

Now, if they can do a VR experience around one of them, sure, can totally see that!  Duration and space limitations restricting you from walking around would be a bit impossible...but some kind of independent chair ride, with VR goggles allowing you to look around at Zombies and stuff, and some kind of control stick to make the chair go up, down, left, right, forward and back (only like a foot, but the VR fooling you) to avoid Zombies or something wouldn't surprise me.  Sorta like a Virtual Tummy ride like Simpsons, but on a much smaller scale like the screen on your goggles and you having the ability to control where you go.

Been a while since I had a never-ending novel where I think through something while typing....

That's thing though is that both parks have the same attractions, again, you might be right, they might not bring it to Orlando but that doesn't stop the higher ups to think that it wouldn't be a good decision because they think of the tourists and they know that some people who are here wouldn't fly out there to ride it, but if it was in Orlando among other rides like Hulk, Mummy, Kong, Potter and more, they would come to experience at any chance they get. Marketing always finds a way, its stupid I know but that's how it is. About the VR, I've tried The Repository last year and it was cool but based off Walking Dead, again idk how that would work out, it would better to see the sets than to experience them virtual reality, plus I think Universal is just keeping that for HHN because they really wanna make it work for their separate houses for HHN, also when you think about it, Universal is just like Disney where they will tear something down if they feel isn't worth anymore, look at Jaws, gone and replaced by Potter, Disaster replaced for Fast N Furious which is already gonna be outdated by the time its even made, there is no point to make it happen. Also AMC and Universal have a good understanding, I mean why would they pass it up when they see huge money coming their way if they do it. Comcast is comcast, Marketing is marketing, its plain and simple, but hey I'm a walking dead fan and I love the California's year round attraction, I honestly don't wanna deal with anymore lines, so if it doesn't happen, I'm all good with that. But you never know what could be under their sleeve in the future. 

• Gambit pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic