HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Why does everybody keep assuming Nintendoland will come to US? Have we already forgotten that they purchased a TON of land not to long ago. It's enough land to build at least one new large park (or two smaller parks), another version of Citywalk and a few more hotels. Wouldn't you want to attach a big IP to a new park to drive traffic to the park even more? When they announced they got Nintendo, I figured construction would start right away. Unlike Disney, Universal doesn't like to announce things until construction is already underway. The fact that they are waiting this long to start the project just seems off to me. With Disney "confirming" a 2019 opening year for Star Wars Land, I would not be surprised if construction starts on that new land when Volcano Bay is done. With the speed Universal builds (and all the money Comcast is throwing at the parks), they could start early summer of this year and have an entire new park, hotel and Citywalk 2 built by the time Star Wars Land opens. That's going to be one crazy summer if that happens!

Back to HHN talk, I highly doubt we will see a drop in house numbers this year. Less construction is going on now than last year. Plus, and I mentioned this a while back, but the old Twister queue is one giant slab of FRESH concrete now. I was there at the end of March and while riding Rockit you can see a large, rectangular slab of concrete. It looks just like the size for a decent size tent house much like USH does. Also, with a minor adjustment to the music plaza queuing setup, they could easily have a new house location. It's behind the New York Facade, wouldn't interrupt any ride operation, and could easily form a queue and exit onto a path where two soundstage houses currently exit. It is an ideal location, and all that fresh concrete, in the shape they poured it in, just screams new house location to me.   

4 hours ago, Badge said:

Why does everybody keep assuming Nintendoland will come to US? Have we already forgotten that they purchased a TON of land not to long ago. It's enough land to build at least one new large park (or two smaller parks), another version of Citywalk and a few more hotels. Wouldn't you want to attach a big IP to a new park to drive traffic to the park even more? When they announced they got Nintendo, I figured construction would start right away. Unlike Disney, Universal doesn't like to announce things until construction is already underway. The fact that they are waiting this long to start the project just seems off to me. With Disney "confirming" a 2019 opening year for Star Wars Land, I would not be surprised if construction starts on that new land when Volcano Bay is done. With the speed Universal builds (and all the money Comcast is throwing at the parks), they could start early summer of this year and have an entire new park, hotel and Citywalk 2 built by the time Star Wars Land opens. That's going to be one crazy summer if that happens!

Back to HHN talk, I highly doubt we will see a drop in house numbers this year. Less construction is going on now than last year. Plus, and I mentioned this a while back, but the old Twister queue is one giant slab of FRESH concrete now. I was there at the end of March and while riding Rockit you can see a large, rectangular slab of concrete. It looks just like the size for a decent size tent house much like USH does. Also, with a minor adjustment to the music plaza queuing setup, they could easily have a new house location. It's behind the New York Facade, wouldn't interrupt any ride operation, and could easily form a queue and exit onto a path where two soundstage houses currently exit. It is an ideal location, and all that fresh concrete, in the shape they poured it in, just screams new house location to me.   

Universal Orlando, Universal Hollywood and Universal Japan are to have their versions of Nintendoland and its supposed to start from 2018 to 2020 with Japan opening theirs just in time for the Olympics I believe for them but the way marketing is, marketing will have things like that happen, during HHN 22, construction for Transformers happened and that was hecktic, I mean Universal, yes they have back up plans and such but not many things go the way they want it to. Universal and Disney compete, yes its a friendly competition where as others think of it as a big punch to punch kind of thing but both are making their parks bigger and bigger, although, really Disney? Avatar? Anyways Comcast always will  be comcast, you could look at things a totally different way but they aren't going to do what you think they will, they just plan something and stick to it, Nintendoland is that thing and it might start next year, you never know, its even rumored to be just like The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, just that big, if not, oh well, who cares but they'll probably throw out some news about it in the summer time. 

And the houses probably won't drop yes, I mean the parade if its already taken down or not I'm not sure, it sucks that it will be because it did feature some good houses, Roanoke Cannibal Colony, Halloween II last year and The Walking Dead at 25, but if there is another place for them to place a house to keep the 9 mazes happen, then that's good, I just don't want to see any last minute decisions happen where an ip ends falling through and they have to find a quick replacement before its too late and change up things.

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

On 4/23/2017 at 0:17 AM, HHNManics said:

So my Source finally got back to me and got some info for you guys. Somewhat Disappointing. 

Insidous will be a Hollywood Exclusive. 

Insidous and Conjuring are still happening by the way. Meaning for Hollywood...

AHS - Exclusive (Sort of)

Blumhouse - Exclusive 

Insidous - Exclusive

Shining - Shared

Evil Dead - Shared

Conjuring - Shared

Saw - Shared 

This doesn't seem credible to me AT ALL.  We had Evil Dead just a few years ago.  Why would we get that again?  The new Insidious movie doesn't come out until 2018, so is this actually happening?  The Shining?  For sure?  I won't believe it until it's officially announced. Conjuring has been speculated before... why do we think it would happen now?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

This doesn't seem credible to me AT ALL.  We had Evil Dead just a few years ago.  Why would we get that again?  The new Insidious movie doesn't come out until 2018, so is this actually happening?  The Shining?  For sure?  I won't believe it until it's officially announced. Conjuring has been speculated before... why do we think it would happen now?

We wouldn't get the film, but I believe what he meant by Evil Dead is the tv property of Ash vs. The Evil Dead which takes place after the events of Army of Darkness. I don't think Insidious will happen now, its going to take a long while the movie comes out. The Shining is that one property is very touchy subject and if they did do, they must have to have King in the room with them creating the maze in front of him and The Conjuring is another one where is its the obvious throw in that may look like it wouldn't happen but we might get it later on down the line. Universal always tends also come out of nowhere with things, if they do bring one of these things to HHN this year, I wouldn't doubt it but for rn, its just so soon think they would come to the event when we haven't been given anything else yet to follow.

31 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

This doesn't seem credible to me AT ALL.  We had Evil Dead just a few years ago. Why would we get that again? Conjuring has been speculated before... why do we think it would happen now?

"Evil Dead" is gonna be called "Ash vs Evil Dead" It's not actually gonna be based on the show but it will called that to promote the TV Show. It will based on "Evil Dead" (Original) and (Mostly) "Evil Dead ll". It's heavily rumored to happen and again it's what my Source told me. 

"Conjuring" is another Maze that I was told would be happening and it was hinted at last year in the Krampus Maze as one of the snow globes was the Amityville House in the ending of the Maze for Orlando. Plus my Source told me it would be shared as Insidous and Blumhouse will be Hollywood Exclusives.

Edited by HHNManics

36 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

"Evil Dead" is gonna be called "Ash vs Evil Dead" It's not actually gonna be based on the show but it will called that to promote the TV Show. It will based on "Evil Dead" (Original) and (Mostly) "Evil Dead ll". It's heavily rumored to happen and again it's what my Source told me. 

"Conjuring" is another Maze that I was told would be happening and it was hinted at last year in the Krampus Maze as one of the snow globes was the Amityville House in the ending of the Maze for Orlando. Plus my Source told me it would be shared as Insidous and Blumhouse will be Hollywood Exclusives.

okay im just gonna say this once. SHOW US PROOF. if people are disagreeing with your thing show us proof

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

okay im just gonna say this once. SHOW US PROOF. if people are disagreeing with your thing show us proof

"Okay my source is <Firstname Lastname>." 

Not happening.

Hollywood's house lineup is usually disappointing so I wouldn't be surprised if this is fairly accurate.

And no, HHN won't drop the number of houses because it'll be perceived as a drop in value. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, themazethinker said:

I'm not gonna. If you don't want to believe me then don't that's your belief. This Source leaked Last year's lineup as well. Bad things happen you begin to go into details of a Source.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

I'm not gonna. If you don't want to believe me then don't that's your belief. This Source leaked Last year's lineup as well. Bad things happen you begin to go into details of a Source.

Dude was validated by other source-y people on USHForums anyways. He's good IMO.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

I refuse to believe it unless you give us your social security, mother's maiden name, and the street you grew up on.

• Like 3

I don't see them ever dropping the number of houses. You have to remember, each house that is open increases the number of guests they can allow into the park by quite a large number. Capacity is also a huge issue especially towards the end of the run. Removing a house will make things so much worse and we will probably see a lot more "sold out" nights. They don't want "sold out" nights. They don't want to turn away money. They will just keep expanding the event. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they give us 10 houses this year. Not only is that great for marketing, it also gives guests a higher perceived value for their money. Also, the more houses they add, the more the event becomes a two night experience to see it all which again, is more money for Universal.

They can add tents just about anywhere and snake the queue in some crazy directions. That years Chance house proved they don't need a permanent structure to hold a house. See my Jimmy Falon house location post above for what I mean.    

• Like 2

In regards to the number of houses. Another soundstage was built near the location of the parade building. It might even be a bit bigger than the parade building.

I'm not saying that a house is going in there but it does in fact exist. There's no way we are getting less than nine houses.

Also it's getting close to that time of the month...

Edited by marmoset
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I second that thought. But as for The Conjuring, this year may be the year we get it. Fingers crossed!

Don't even get me started on The Shining... WE ARE NEVER GETTING A KING IP!!!!!! lol I don't care who made it, if it's originally King's IP we're never going to see it at an event!  (surprised they didn't have IT on their list lol)

44 minutes ago, hhnfan95 said:

Don't even get me started on The Shining... WE ARE NEVER GETTING A KING IP!!!!!! lol I don't care who made it, if it's originally King's IP we're never going to see it at an event!  (surprised they didn't have IT on their list lol)

(If I appear mean to you I apologize I'm just trying to get the idea out and everything really)

I just want to point out that it's on Stanley Kubrick's Version. I also want to point out the disbelief of when someone hears "The Shining could it be coming" they just go "No it's not!". There has been more Buzz about "The Shining" coming to the event more than any other year of HHN. To tease "The Shining this year and then say "Oh no the Mummy will be a Maze" is just plain wrong. Just because it's a Stephen King Property doesn't mean it can't happen, "This is the End 3D" happened and "The Exorcist" both Mazes (Mostly Tite 3D) people would have never expected to become Mazes but they did. Two of the Maze Codenames for Hollywood actually hints at "The Shining" and I have connections for them. 

Charles:

The Show Brockmire has a Character named John Elton played by Ryan Lee and one of the main characters is Charles played by Tyrel Jackson Williams. The Song "Everything Old is New Again" has the lyrics "Put it on backwards when forwards fails" which reverse the name and you get Elton John. Elton John is actually friends with Murdy through Alice Cooper. A famous song person who did a song called "Shine on through".

Writer's Block:

There is a hint Murdy stated that refers to that Writer's Block doesn't specifically have to do with the Property more what the Keyboard shows. On the keyboard MN is gone which MN could stand for Minnesota. The Minnesota's Baseball Team is called The Twins.

And Orlando's Checkmate Codename being that Charles is the name of the Future King and Checkmate means to take out the King. That Charles and Checkmate are connected Codenames.

But why would it happen? It's extremely popular. Look through Murdy's Mind "What do you do after doing The Exorcist?". It's "The Shining" because it's one of the most requested and popular horror movies of all time and it's another horror movie that has affected and influenced the horror genre as much as "The Exorcist" has. 

But how would it be done. Well for Hollywood I saw this video that I think Murdy is gonna get Inspiration from like "The Exorcist" which is the Backwards but Forwards Theory. It's that if you view certain parts of the Film backwards and then forwards you can see certain things 

As for Orlando like "The Exorcist" I think they will take a much more original take. Like going through the mind of Regan in "The Exorcist" I think for "The Shining" they might want to go through the mind of Jack. There's so much that's Iconic Iconic about "The Shining" as well. I can't tell how many other sources (That I can't say) have told me "The Shining" will be happening this year.

Murdy has said that the next (or First) Maze Announcement will be in May which I'm betting to be "The Shining" and it will be made soon as I'm sure that Orlando is also getting ready to make a announcement so it could be "The Shining". Why because it would catch the community off guard like "The Exorcist" did last year. It would be the Biggest announcement they could make first. But when I'm guessing either that it will be randomly announced or it will announced like along the lines of the film.

Jack mentions in the film he can't leave the Hotel until May the 1st so maybe May the 1st or 2nd. The Original Room is 217 add a 5 Out in front and you get 5217, 5/2/17. It could be a Tuesday because the film is infamous for Tuesday. Which the dates for Tuesday are 5/2, 5/9, 5/16, 5/23, and 5/30. Also the release date of "The Shining" was May 23rd 1980 but it could be announced randomly. I'm just trying to make a point that out of all of Properties that haven't been announced yet that I have heard from my Source I believe "The Shining" is most likely to happen. 

(Also I don't think "IT" is happening because there will be Sequel based on the Adults next year so they could do a Maze next year with the First Film and the Second Film like how they didn't do "Insidous" until the Second film came out in 2013 and did it in 2013 and included both films. Plus I have been told by two Source that "IT" is not happening this year.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Badge said:

I don't see them ever dropping the number of houses. You have to remember, each house that is open increases the number of guests they can allow into the park by quite a large number. Capacity is also a huge issue especially towards the end of the run. Removing a house will make things so much worse and we will probably see a lot more "sold out" nights. They don't want "sold out" nights. They don't want to turn away money. They will just keep expanding the event. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they give us 10 houses this year. Not only is that great for marketing, it also gives guests a higher perceived value for their money. Also, the more houses they add, the more the event becomes a two night experience to see it all which again, is more money for Universal.

They can add tents just about anywhere and snake the queue in some crazy directions. That years Chance house proved they don't need a permanent structure to hold a house. See my Jimmy Falon house location post above for what I mean.    

I was talking with a person last year from the park team that designs these things, and wad told they have more places to take the event to 10 and beyond so we will just have to see. someone posted a pic of a new structure being built where the chance house was last year. it's still early.

I see The Conjuring is still being rumored. I have to wonder if Universal wants to deal with a property that is currently involved in litigation. I, personally, have no desire for The Conjuring or The Warrens to ever be included in HHN. 

While many who do not know The Warrens history in the paranormal community can enjoy the films, I can only be reminded of all the issues the Warrens have caused. 

• Like 3

I will be SOOOOOO happy if Ash vs Evil Dead shows up.  I didn't go the year they did Evil Dead, but it was based on the Ash-less remake so this making a "return" is about the same as calling a possible Halloween 3: Season of the Witch "another Michael Myers house" when there's no Shape in it.  Evil Dead without Ash isn't Evil Dead at all :)  Plus it's been a while since we had a truly funny dark comedy house and TCM showed us how chainsaws can be used in the houses so I think it's the perfect time to do it.  And they better have a puppet/animation deer head.  Just sayin...

I also can understand why, from a marketing perspective, they'd name it Ash vs Evil Dead given the misconception that it's a return house from a few years ago (same with why to avoid Evil Dead II as the title)...and the series has delved into a lot of the key moments and characters of II so it kinda works from that perspective as well.  I'm sure there will be a scene, character, or red bionic glove showing up to link it to the series.

Now in 5 years they just have to do another house for Army of Darkness and call it "Medieval Dead" as they originally wanted to title the movie, but the studio shot it down.  What a perfect title that would have been.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HHNManics said:

(If I appear mean to you I apologize I'm just trying to get the idea out and everything really)

I just want to point out that it's on Stanley Kubrick's Version. I also want to point out the disbelief of when someone hears "The Shining could it be coming" they just go "No it's not!". There has been more Buzz about "The Shining" coming to the event more than any other year of HHN. To tease "The Shining this year and then say "Oh no the Mummy will be a Maze" is just plain wrong. Just because it's a Stephen King Property doesn't mean it can't happen, "This is the End 3D" happened and "The Exorcist" both Mazes (Mostly Tite 3D) people would have never expected to become Mazes but they did. Two of the Maze Codenames for Hollywood actually hints at "The Shining" and I have connections for them. 

Charles:

The Show Brockmire has a Character named John Elton played by Ryan Lee and one of the main characters is Charles played by Tyrel Jackson Williams. The Song "Everything Old is New Again" has the lyrics "Put it on backwards when forwards fails" which reverse the name and you get Elton John. Elton John is actually friends with Murdy through Alice Cooper. A famous song person who did a song called "Shine on through".

Writer's Block:

There is a hint Murdy stated that refers to that Writer's Block doesn't specifically have to do with the Property more what the Keyboard shows. On the keyboard MN is gone which MN could stand for Minnesota. The Minnesota's Baseball Team is called The Twins.

And Orlando's Checkmate Codename being that Charles is the name of the Future King and Checkmate means to take out the King. That Charles and Checkmate are connected Codenames.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but reading all of this on how to connect the code names made me giggle.. I mean, to me, the logic to connect it seems like such a random stretch.  Maybe that's how they make the code names, but it seems crazy.

Honestly, if they do The Shining, I will be THRILLED.  I've wanted a King property since I started attending in 2005.  However, I quickly learned why we weren't getting one, and I pretty much gave up hope.  This would be a most excellent announcement!  If they are going to do it - a May announcement would make sense.  Not necessarily because of the ties to the dates you listed but because it would be a HUGE announcement early enough to give people time to plan travel or whatever.. people who may not attend every year, or may not have attended ever.  Also, it would have the same effect locally.

10 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I see The Conjuring is still being rumored. I have to wonder if Universal wants to deal with a property that is currently involved in litigation. I, personally, have no desire for The Conjuring or The Warrens to ever be included in HHN. 

While many who do not know The Warrens history in the paranormal community can enjoy the films, I can only be reminded of all the issues the Warrens have caused. 

I guess I need to do a little research.  Litigation?  Missed that..   I LOVED The Conjuring.  I thought it was the best horror movie in a decade.  So, to see it at HHN would be great, IMO.  Um.. what "issues" have the Warrens caused?  Not to get off topic (but if The Conjuring is coming - it's not really off topic).

Holy crap on the litigation - Google is a wonderful thing.  Can't believe I missed this:  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-facing-900-million-lawsuit-conjuring-franchise-990107

• Like 1

On 4/23/2017 at 5:57 PM, Badge said:

Two things:

1. If Nintendo builds their land where the current Kidzone is located, Universal will officially abandon their park "themes." Being that Universal is a movie based theme park(side stepped slightly with Harry Potter, but they're all technically movies), that Islands of Adventure is based on books(comic books, cartoons, kids books and legends) and finally that this rumored 3rd gate would be video game driven with World of Warcraft, Nintendo and virtual reality type experiences. There are no other properties that started as video games, located in the parks, so as much as I would love it; it wouldn't fit.

2. If Nintendo does in fact build their land, then I truly do believe we could see a return to IOA for HHN. Not exactly dual parks, but holding the event over there.

I could be losing it, but hey that's what speculation is for.

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but reading all of this on how to connect the code names made me giggle.. I mean, to me, the logic to connect it seems like such a random stretch.  Maybe that's how they make the code names, but it seems crazy.

Honestly, if they do The Shining, I will be THRILLED.  I've wanted a King property since I started attending in 2005.  However, I quickly learned why we weren't getting one, and I pretty much gave up hope.  This would be a most excellent announcement!  If they are going to do it - a May announcement would make sense.  Not necessarily because of the ties to the dates you listed but because it would be a HUGE announcement early enough to give people time to plan travel or whatever.. people who may not attend every year, or may not have attended ever.  Also, it would have the same effect locally.

I guess I need to do a little research.  Litigation?  Missed that..   I LOVED The Conjuring.  I thought it was the best horror movie in a decade.  So, to see it at HHN would be great, IMO.  Um.. what "issues" have the Warrens caused?  Not to get off topic (but if The Conjuring is coming - it's not really off topic).

Holy crap on the litigation - Google is a wonderful thing.  Can't believe I missed this:  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/warner-bros-facing-900-million-lawsuit-conjuring-franchise-990107

The Warrens have been proven to fake evidence and create hoaxes. Most serious paranormal researchers disregard the Amityville case as a hoax. They take advantage of families in crisis and make money off of those families misfortune. It's been awhile since I researched it, but I believe it was "The Haunting in Connecticut" where members of the family sued the Warrens. The brother, iirc, stated everything was exaggerated and mental health issues were to blame for the events. They take credit for cases they were barely involved in such as the Enfield Poltergeist. The primary researcher in that case has come out against them. 

• Gambit pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic