HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Icon. There was also something I noticed that may be a subtle hint to our next Icon. In the Halloween Horror Nights 26 Nation's Premiere event they did there are moments of scenes with Clowns and that year we had Chance as the Icon. In the 27 Video there are no scenes of Clowns but more so of Characters that look rough and one has a chainsaw. Call me Crazy but I think it may be their subtle hint to saying that HHN 27's Icon is Eddie.

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Kinda disappointed that it's HHN 27.  I thought 25 was a "one time thing" with not using the Roman Numerals....like how 16 did it since it was a special number that played into something.  26 and now 27.  I would have prefered XXVII...but guess it's at least better than calling it HHN 2017. 

I honestly just wish they'd drop the whole numbers deal entirely. It just feels kind of silly. Just call it "Halloween Horror Nights" and then whatever the tagline/theme is for that year (ie. Carnival of Carnage). It looks and feels cleaner.

1 hour ago, lunatic said:

Since its speculation season, do you guys think we will have a icon or just the IPs?

Unless there's a house/theme that's huge with the GP (think Walking Dead huge) that hasn't been used before, I think we're getting an Icon.

• Like 1

ROF/FFP is coming back. Don't know how any of you would think otherwise. Not only that, just because it isn't listed now does not mean it isn't coming. Hell, Express passes aren't listed - guess they aren't on sale this year either, right? 

I agree, XXVII would've looked 20x better.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

ROF/FFP is coming back. Don't know how any of you would think otherwise. Not only that, just because it isn't listed now does not mean it isn't coming. Hell, Express passes aren't listed - guess they aren't on sale this year either, right? 

I agree, XXVII would've looked 20x better.

27x better?

• Like 2

I hope they kinda learned that not having an Icon doesn't work well. Being able to theme the marketing and a huge portion of merchandise around an Icon help tie everything together nicely. Plus I feel like merchandise tied to an icon helps sell more product. I know my first year I went didn't have an Icon and I barely bought anything but I bought so much stuff during 25 and 26 because of the Icon focus.  

The retrospect video put a subtle focus on Icons as well. While nearly the entire video was content from last year, there were quick shots of all the "main" Icons. We see Usher, Director, Caretaker, Storyteller, a QUICK glimpse of Jack and of course a bunch of Chance. I honesty am surprised we haven't seen the Usher return. During 25, his "mini-stage" was always packed way more than the other three. Plus, with the IP heavy event now, he is the perfect Icon to "present" these IP's in his theater. If i'm remembering correctly, his house was also one of the more popular Icon houses.

One things for sure though, AoV better return with an all new show! They were a surprise hit of last year and probably the best show HHN has ever put on imo.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 3

On 2/24/2017 at 11:07 AM, Oysterhead00 said:

Kinda disappointed that it's HHN 27.  I thought 25 was a "one time thing" with not using the Roman Numerals....like how 16 did it since it was a special number that played into something.  26 and now 27.  I would have prefered XXVII...but guess it's at least better than calling it HHN 2017. 

Not sure if you were ever a WWF/WWE fan, but this is how I feel about WrestleMania. It was always roman numerals until 13 - which is similar to HHN's "interesting number" thought process - then WrestleMania 2000 - which again makes sense. Then it got weird and we got X-7 for the 17th WrestleMania. But now we just get WrestleMania Play Button (WM 31) or WrestleMania Dallas Cowboys Logo (WM 32). Haha.

If they really did an icon, that'll be awesome. But, I don't think we'll get an icon. For me it's like 50/50. However, It's been proven to the higher ups that people love the icons! Jack and the other icons were popular in 2015 with a lot of Jack merch sold, and that goes for Chance for 2016. Then again, there was a few hints and Easter eggs out in plain sight hinting about Eddie from last year. Maybe he could be the icon? But like I said, it's a 50/50.

5 hours ago, Brandon_Voorhees said:

Was Eddie in Chance's scarezone?

Not exactly. A scare actor in a straight jacket wore his mouth muzzle. His chainsaw oil was featured in their VR house "The Repository." His muzzle is secretly hidden in one of the two theater heads' nose. Lastly I heard that he was in the survive or die scare zone on the last day of HHN 26. Also from my speculation, his HHN 16 video has appeared in some que lines during HHN 25 and HHN 26.

• Like 1

It's not the fault of Chance, last year's icon, that her house sucked.  I was bummed the minute I heard her house would be 3D because I'm generally not a fan of the 3D houses.  The only one I loved was the In-Between.  I was even more bummed when we actually went thru the house, and we realized just how bad it was.  It is rare that we go to HHN and swear off a house - but after doing Chance's house twice, we vowed not to waste any more time on it.  There were a few times we walked by, and there was literally no line, and we still didn't bother.  If anything, I hope this gets the powers that be to skip the 3D house idea altogether.  

I've always loved the icons, and Eddie would be an excellent choice for this year.  I would also be thrilled with The Usher.   I agree on the merch, too - if there is an icon, the merch is much more fun.  

So, I'm sure we all know AHS will be back.  My question is - will they combine the seasons like they did last year, or will they give us one at a time going forward in order to stretch it out?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

It's not the fault of Chance, last year's icon, that her house sucked.  I was bummed the minute I heard her house would be 3D because I'm generally not a fan of the 3D houses.  The only one I loved was the In-Between.  I was even more bummed when we actually went thru the house, and we realized just how bad it was.  It is rare that we go to HHN and swear off a house - but after doing Chance's house twice, we vowed not to waste any more time on it.  There were a few times we walked by, and there was literally no line, and we still didn't bother.  If anything, I hope this gets the powers that be to skip the 3D house idea altogether.  

I've always loved the icons, and Eddie would be an excellent choice for this year.  I would also be thrilled with The Usher.   I agree on the merch, too - if there is an icon, the merch is much more fun.  

So, I'm sure we all know AHS will be back.  My question is - will they combine the seasons like they did last year, or will they give us one at a time going forward in order to stretch it out?

I have a feeling with AHS, we will get a Coven and Asylum year and then a Roanoke year. Coven doesn't have enough content to be a full house and I feel the same about Asylum. Roanoke has more than enough content to be a massive house all by itself. I wouldn't be surprised if Roanoke is this year since its the most recent season as well.

Eddie is in an interesting position as far as Icons go. He is like the unknown Icon that never was that only hardcore fans know anything about. In order for him to the be the Icon, they are going to need to really focus in on him with marketing and backstory which we all know has been really lacking lately. Chance worked because most locals and people interested in the event but not big on its history already had at least probably seen her either in person or while looking up Youtube videos of the event. Eddie would be the first "new" Icon since Lady Luck and we all know how well that "Icon" turned out. The other Icons are sorta cemented in the history of the event. They are used quite often in promotions and marketing and are the most common thing that normally pops up when attempting to search for the event. Heck, the logo for this site alone uses 4 of them! Eddie is going to need a massive media/marketing push and one heck of a house or zone if people are going to remember him and put him on the same page as Jack or The Usher. 

On 2/28/2017 at 7:14 PM, Badge said:

I have a feeling with AHS, we will get a Coven and Asylum year and then a Roanoke year. Coven doesn't have enough content to be a full house and I feel the same about Asylum. 

I'd actually disagree. Last years house devoted about 6-7 scenes/rooms per season.

Asylum: asylum facade and/or present day asylum with present day Bloody Face, Woods w/ monsters, death tunnel with aliens, exorcism room, main rec room, Bloody Face's torture room, Sister Jude's office during Christmas

Coven: morgue during resurrection, Madame LaLaurie's torture chamber, outside house during zombie attack, inside house with Axe Man and/or board room attack by Axe Man, general voodoo ceremony and/or Papa Legba room

I will agree that Roanoke def could fill its own entire house, but that I look for Uni to combine seasons 2,3, and 6 like they did last year. 

Edited by _Veritas_
  • Like 5

On the topic of merch, I'd love something like a polo or dickies/red kap style button down. Something I could wear to work. Would even shell out up to $40 if it was simple and not tacky/covered in blood and just the years logo or even just "Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights" on the pocket region.

I'm just getting too old to appreciate generic graphic tees I guess. If they did something interesting with them (and not plaster them with logos/catchphrases/glitter) maybe I'd be more inclined.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Grime said:

On the topic of merch, I'd love something like a polo or dickies/red kap style button down. Something I could wear to work. Would even shell out up to $40 if it was simple and not tacky/covered in blood and just the years logo or even just "Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights" on the pocket region.

I'm just getting too old to appreciate generic graphic tees I guess. If they did something interesting with them (and not plaster them with logos/catchphrases/glitter) maybe I'd be more inclined.

YES!  This!  Please!  Our group has had many discussions on how nice a simple polo or button down would be with just the classic HHN logo.  I would love that!  I also would be willing to pay upwards of $40 or $45 for that.  No brainer.  I really like the HHN logo - just the plain basic one.  Maybe because seeing it reminds me of the joy to come. :)

• Like 1

Is it weird that I almost don't care so much about what IP's we get or if we even get an Icon as long as AoV comes back? For a new concept for HHN and something a lot of people were thinking wouldn't work or wouldn't be good, it was the biggest highlight of the event for me! Far better than the past few Bill and Ted shows. 

I just watched their last show they did two weeks ago at VIBE XXII and they killed it once again. Quite of few people you will remember seeing in the video below. Also, they need to devote a bigger chunk of the budget so the size of the group can increase. While a change of venue would be needed in order to bring everybody to HHN, there is something about seeing SO many performers moving together in perfect harmony like we get at the 8:25 mark that I would LOVE to see happen at HHN. 

WARNING: LANGUAGE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVs0iYwbGDo

Edited by Badge

Anybody have any theories on why Thursday, Sept 28 is not included on the HHN schedule?  I know many of you don't care because you live there, but that's one of the weekends we will be flying down, and it means we get screwed out of a night unless we stay until Monday - which means an extra day off work for me.

Just curious.