HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

After missing last year, I'm planning on going HAM this year. Planning on doing every night with a FFP+. Hit the houses the first couple weekends and spend the rest of the time in the street with my DSLR and a fistful of booze, people watching.

Wishful thinking? Stranger Things is really the only series I'd really care to see at the moment. Looking forward to their original house lineup. I think something scary along the lines of Norse mythology would be awesome. Zombie vikings/dragons would be dope.

4 minutes ago, b-wolf95 said:

Do you mean zombie dragons or just regular dragons?  Either way, I'm seconding, but it's nice to know if we're entering crazy awesome territory.

Either. I mean, this is all purely wishful thinking and going out on a limb with zero basis. Just a theme I would like to see.

31 minutes ago, Grime said:

After missing last year, I'm planning on going HAM this year. Planning on doing every night with a FFP+. Hit the houses the first couple weekends and spend the rest of the time in the street with my DSLR and a fistful of booze, people watching.

Wishful thinking? Stranger Things is really the only series I'd really care to see at the moment. Looking forward to their original house lineup. I think something scary along the lines of Norse mythology would be awesome. Zombie vikings/dragons would be dope.

What about well Syfy's Channel Zero & The Magicians if The Magicians count as Horror.

Just now, Psycho_Bates said:

What about well Syfy's Channel Zero & The Magicians if The Magicians count as Horror.

Couldn't say, haven't seen either. Don't watch a whole lot of TV unless it's on Netflix or gets a ton of publicity and my friends say it's good, I'll bootleg it. Cable prices, man. :x

2 minutes ago, Grime said:

Couldn't say, haven't seen either. Don't watch a whole lot of TV unless it's on Netflix or gets a ton of publicity and my friends say it's good, I'll bootleg it. Cable prices, man. :x

Well the first season of The Magicians is on Netflix. Channel Zero not sure if it's on Hulu. As for Channel Zero it's a Horror Anthology tv series based off Creepypastas the first season is based off Candle Cove, and the upcoming second season will be based off No-End House.

5 minutes ago, Psycho_Bates said:

Well the first season of The Magicians is on Netflix. Channel Zero not sure if it's on Hulu. As for Channel Zero it's a Horror Anthology tv series based off Creepypastas the first season is based off Candle Cove, and the upcoming second season will be based off No-End House.

That actually sounds neat. I used to read my fair share of creepypastas a few years ago, and definitely remember Candle Cove. Will certainly check that out.

That said, creepypastas are full of original content I'd love to see Universal pull from.

24 minutes ago, Grime said:

That actually sounds neat. I used to read my fair share of creepypastas a few years ago, and definitely remember Candle Cove. Will certainly check that out.

That said, creepypastas are full of original content I'd love to see Universal pull from.

Most likely is going to be Candle Cove since Universal owns Syfy.

Supposedly on the Team Member portal they've put up dates: Sept 15th to Nov 4th with Monday and Tuesday, the 30th and 31st, being used.  First Wednesday starting 10/4.  35 nights total.  And who knows if they'll open other Monday and/or Tuesdays in the run.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pandry said:

Supposedly on the Team Member portal they've put up dates: Sept 15th to Nov 4th with Monday and Tuesday, the 30th and 31st, being used.  First Wednesday starting 10/4.  35 nights total.  And who knows if they'll open other Monday and/or Tuesdays in the run.

That's a hell of a lot of nights. Should be good hours for the scareactors though. Hope they can keep up with this schedule.

Hopefully, they will throw us a little teaser on something soon.   Now that the dates are announced and we got a nice little retrospective video, I got my first adrenaline jolt for HHN27.  I'm ready to start talking about it, but other than knowing AHS will be back, I am clueless.

5 minutes ago, Sledge said:

Tickets are up. This confirms it. No more FFP. 

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/tickets.html

Relax: I'm kidding and I'm sure it's coming.

That's my fear too. It might be another way for them to combat crowds. Instead of offering a cheaper, multi night option, make everybody pay each night they want to attend and there won't be as many repeat people.

However, on the flip side, they might be trying to sell single night tickets first to better gauge express pass costs and to get people to buy tickets full price instead of getting the cheaper multi night option later on. I don't recall them ever putting single night tickets on sale before any other pass type though.

Just now, Badge said:

That's my fear too. It might be another way for them to combat crowds. Instead of offering a cheaper, multi night option, make everybody pay each night they want to attend and there won't be as many repeat people.

However, on the flip side, they might be trying to sell single night tickets first to better gauge express pass costs and to get people to buy tickets full price instead of getting the cheaper multi night option later on. I don't recall them ever putting single night tickets on sale before any other pass type though.

They make too much money off overcrowding and alcohol sales. Plus, I believe FFP and such get posted closer to summer in previous years.

1 minute ago, Sledge said:

They make too much money off overcrowding and alcohol sales. Plus, I believe FFP and such get posted closer to summer in previous years.

Normally all the tickets went on sale at once closer to summer. They normally would do the date announcement around this time and then around summer they would release all the tickets. 

Overcrowding is a balancing act. Sure on one hand you are packing the park with guests so you would assume they will spend more money but that's not always the case. Instead you end up with a park that has lines 2 hours long and streets so full of people the actors can scare guests. This in turn creates a bad guest experience and the odds of them returning are lower. The single night ticket guests are the money makers. They come in, want to enjoy their night and get some drinks. The ones like myself that get the RoF for less than $100 total but attend 10-12 nights and barely spend anything on drinks are the guests they don't want. If I want to attend 10 nights now, it's going to cost upwards of $800. 

Going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I really hope they come up with RoF or FF again this year and are just changing up the way they do things this year. 

Extremely doubtful they're only selling single night tickets entirely. I'm calling complete bullshit. There will be FFP, FFP+, etc. etc.

They make too much off merch, alcohol, and the like to get rid of their only multi-night scheme entirely.

Give it a few months. It just doesn't make sense economically, and this is from an economics minor. They have people who have PhD's in this stuff working their numbers year round. It doesn't add up.

• Like 2

There isn't a chance in hell they aren't doing some sort of pass.  The whole park is based on a pass system.  If they didn't think they could make money on a pass, they wouldn't have things like an annual pass.  Value-wise, you get even more bang for your buck with the annual pass as a consumer than you ever would with something like FFP.  So, FFP is to their advantage.  It gets more people in the park during a time when it would normally be closed, during a traditionally slow season and it's for a limited time.  

We travel from Chicago to do HHN.  I started doing this 16 years ago.  I used to only fly down one time per season.  Then, over the last 6 years or so, it was brought to my attention that if we bought a FFP pass, we could fly down multiple weekends and get more out of it.  I am fortunate my family has a condo, so I don't pay for hotel.  Airfare is cheap that time of year from Chicago to Orlando.   However, if I had to pay single night for every night plus express???? That'd be the end of multiple trips.  And I would probably be suicidal.

• Like 1

Sept 28th better be a little mix up that they correct as that's the week we always go!  I'd be pissed if it was only a 3-night weekend.

And regarding FFP and ROF and Express and everything else, that's announced later.  This is the "sucker time" where they try to see if anybody is anxious enough to pay full price 7 months in advance :)  Last year I remember wondering about the ROF pass forever since the prior 2 years it was for the "first 10 days of the event".  Last year they added a day and we were wondering if our pass wouldn't cover the last day of our trip.  If I remember correctly, we had to sweat it out for a while before they updated with the multi-day passes and specified the dates ROF was valid for.

Kinda disappointed that it's HHN 27.  I thought 25 was a "one time thing" with not using the Roman Numerals....like how 16 did it since it was a special number that played into something.  26 and now 27.  I would have prefered XXVII...but guess it's at least better than calling it HHN 2017. 

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Kinda disappointed that it's HHN 27.  I thought 25 was a "one time thing" with not using the Roman Numerals....like how 16 did it since it was a special number that played into something.  26 and now 27.  I would have prefered XXVII...but guess it's at least better than calling it HHN 2017. 

HHN 21, 22, 23 and 24 all used Arabic numerals in their official logos. Sorry if this sounds rude, but it wasn't new for 25.

• Gambit pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic