HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Last year there was Kong. A single attraction in one of the theme parks.

This year there is an entire new theme park.

I would not be surprised if they have moved everything up in order not to have any problems like last year. We may get our first announcements earlier than ever before.

So I haven't been the biggest fan of video game houses, Silent Hill was meh and Resident Evil was really bad. But with Nintendo coming to the park and a Castlevania netfix show announced that may be a possible house for this or future years.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3423971/violent-castlevania-tv-series-headed-netflix-year/

2 hours ago, Johnny Topside said:

So I haven't been the biggest fan of video game houses, Silent Hill was meh and Resident Evil was really bad. But with Nintendo coming to the park and a Castlevania netfix show announced that may be a possible house for this or future years.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3423971/violent-castlevania-tv-series-headed-netflix-year/

Whereas I would absolutely love to see either a Castlevania attraction or HHN house at Universal, I do have to point out that the Nintendoland would only be for actual Nintendo characters like Mario etc. Not every game available on the Nintendo system was actually owned and created by Nintendo.

Castlevania was not a game made by Nintendo, but rather is owned by Konami.

• Like 1

One thing that bums me out with the Nintendo stuff is we might not see games that could be legit houses. Sony exclusively distributed 2 great horrorish games in the last few years. These being Until Dawn and The Last of Us. Will Nintendo try to block universal from getting the rights?, Althought supermassive and naughty dog were the producers and could be reached out to (naughty dog has sold the film rights to The Last of Us) i fear that universal would face serious pushback from Sony for being a partner with Nintendo.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2017 at 10:32 PM, killswitch22 said:

One thing that bums me out with the Nintendo stuff is we might not see games that could be legit houses. Sony exclusively distributed 2 great horrorish games in the last few years. These being Until Dawn and The Last of Us. Will Nintendo try to block universal from getting the rights?, Althought supermassive and naughty dog were the producers and could be reached out to (naughty dog has sold the film rights to The Last of Us) i fear that universal would face serious pushback from Sony for being a partner with Nintendo.

I wouldn't think Nintendo would have any control over what the rest of the park does.  Universal is just licensing the characters.  I don't think any of Nintendo's cash is going into the park.  Universal is probably paying them, if anything.  It's just like any other attraction.  WB doesn't go bonkers when there's a 20th Century Fox IP.

That being said, I would love an RE7 house this year.

57 minutes ago, Doctor_Acula said:

That being said, I would love an RE7 house this year.

Same here, I think the game would translate into a house extremely well. It's got a creepy atmosphere, most of the game takes place in one or two locations, cool creature designs and Universal has worked with Capcom before to make a house out of the franchise. What's not to love? The only problem I see is adapting the last part of the game and not making the shift in tone seem jarring during a 4, 5 minute experience, but I'm sure Universal could think of something.