HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

It's never too early to start talking about next year! Heck, A&D is already planning it!

Here's my prediction list:

Houses

1. AHS
  2. The Walking Dead (season 7) - wouldn't mind seeing this!
  3. Saw
  4. Conjuring
  5. Psycho
  6. Stanger Things
  7. Voodoo house
  8. Nightingales 2
  9. New original house

Scare Zones

1. Purge
  2. Suicide Forest
  3. Steampunk theme
  4. Movie set theme

Shows

1. Bill & Ted
  2. Academy of Villains

My Wish List:

Houses

1. AHS
  2. The Walking Dead (season 7) 
  3. Conjuring
  4. Ghostbusters
  5. Stanger Things
  6. Vamp 55 house
  7. HR BloodNGutz 2
  8. New original house
  9. Icon house (that's actually good)

Scare Zones

1. Holidays 
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. Icon Scare Zone (that's actually good)
  4. Movie set theme

Shows

1. Bill & Ted
  2. Academy of Villains
  • Like 2

Speculation:

Houses

1. AHS 

2. Hellraiser

3. Amityville Horror

4. Killer Klowns from outer space

5.  evil dead 2

6. Hollywood high vamp55 (original)

7. Ghost ship (original)

8. Ouija

9.  creature feature (original)

What I'd love

Halloween 3 season of the witch

Trick r treat

Babadook

Re-Animator

They live

Dead alive

Got a thing for the 80's camp

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, marmoset said:

Speculation:

Houses

1. AHS 

2. Hellraiser

3. Amityville Horror

4. Killer Klowns from outer space

5.  evil dead 2

6. Hollywood high vamp55 (original)

7. Ghost ship (original)

8. Ouija

9.  creature feature (original)

What I'd love

Halloween 3 season of the witch

Trick r treat

Babadook

Re-Animator

They live

Dead alive

Got a thing for the 80's camp

how would babadook work?

ok this is fun here is "predictive my wish list"...

1) AHS - this comes back no doubt. And I dont really mind. But with them doing 3 seasons per house how long can it last? I liked this years house.

2) TWD - after the season 7 premiere I bet this come back. But then again we just had a 'best of' so who really knows. Im totally done with it taking up a slot though.

3) Conjuring/Sinister/Ouiji semi-recent ghost movie house - kinda bored with these but its in the new formula to bring in teenagers.

4) Hellraiser - I dont think this franchise has received it own house yet. But again its got that old school thing going for it plus its a great movie/series. HHN has liked the old school movie house for a few years now. And I'd be cool with it. You dont like horror if you dont like Pinhead.

5) Crypids house - this has been on my wish list forever now. Sasquatch, Chupacabra, Mothman, Skunk Ape, etc etc etc. This house would be original, scary and fucking awesome! period. 

6) Creature Feature house - perfect name too (mentioned above). This would be a potpourri of crazy creatures based on all the weird creature movies from the 40's, 50's, 60's... just a fun house with scary/cool creatures!

7) Something with a ton of werewolves - I just love werewolves.

8) new 3-D - I will say that I dont mind a 3-D as long as its good. They havent been since the In-Between. Maybe bc it was the first, I dont know. But come up with a story that works with the 3-D gags. Oh, and get more gags. Chanced house was tuuuurrible. I went through once and left it alone.

9) Classic Monsters - I LOVE the classic monsters and everything they stand for!!!! #Wolfman2016! With this new Classic Monsters Universe that is starting to develop I hope to see some "updated classic" monsters to come to HHN. 2009 was prob my fav year bc of the great classic houses.

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 1

My Predictions. I will change based on what I see in the Horror World.

Houses:

1. American Horror Story (Featuring Seasons 2, 3 and 6)

2. The Conjuring (I would love to see that Nun somewhere)

3. Ash vs. Evil Dead. (Just seems like a campy fun house)

4. Saw

5. Icon House

6. A Sequel to a previous house (I would love to experience the Nightingales since I never got to experience them)

7. Original House

8. Original House

9. Trick 'r Treat. Can there be a comedy year? This would be such a fun house!!!

• Like 1

SPECULATION

• AHS -  a lock, for missing seasons
  • Amityville Horror - Easter egg in Krampus/new movie coming out next year. Watch it go in the back tent, follow Halloween model (again)
  • Trick r Treat - director played ball with Krampus and that turned out alright, would let them sell Sam merch
  • Vamp 55 house - zone has been well-received, could re-use a lot
  • TWD - unless new attraction under construction by then, this seems a lock

WISHFUL THINKING

• Dark comedy Beetlejuice or Ghostbusters (house, but I'd take show)
  • Creature from the Black Lagoon

I highly doubt we ever see Purge again.

1 hour ago, JDW said:

Wishlist:

Some more heart

Absolutely. I don't care what properties they decide to make. If it's lacking the heart that this year lacks, it's going to feel off. 

My spec:

1. AHS (obvi)

2. TWD (Unless they decide on doing the year round attraction, this year's house was well enough received that higher ups will not see a need to ax it yet.)

3. James Blum movie (Either Insidious 4 or Conjuring. Murdy's got a thing for him it seems, and Insidious has been received exceptionally on both coasts. Either would draw a large crowd, and has potential to be very scary. Personally, I'd rather Conjuring.)

4. 70's Classic

5. Either Chucky or SAW (They keep selling Chucky merch so I feel like that's coming at some point. SAW is coming back next year and is still well known enough that it could draw a crowd. I would love to see them redeem themselves after 2009's missed opportunity. I would hope they put it in an environment with A/C this time ;) )

6. Classic movie chosen by A&D (I'd love something Evil Dead related, but this could be anything.)

7. sequel to an original (Would love to FINALLY have a Nightingales sequel.)

8. Original

9. 3D house ( I honestly wouldn't mind if they kept doing this as a cost effective way to have a 9th house. Just give me new layouts every year with great scares and I won't mind the same, mundane neon 3D walls every year. Or, if they would like to be creative again, take inspiration from The In-Between and break the stereotype that all 3D houses are cheesy and not scary. I know they have it in them.)

Shows:
1. B&T

2. AoV, or some other dance show. Both coasts have proven this is a success.

3. Vamped up Horror Makeup Show (Most cost effective way to add a 3rd show: higher nighttime actors, change the show up a bit, make gorier/edgier, and boom. Takes an extra few hundred people off the streets, raises capacity, raises event value.)

Zones:
Some form of apocalypse in NY

4 others. Zones are normally original so you can't guess what themes they decide to do.

I love the hordes in designated areas, but it would be nice to have a year devoid of chainsaws. Does EVERY horde have to have them?

What I'm thinking.

Houses:

1. AHS Asylum / Coven / Roanoke - You don't in all logic think it's coming, you're delusional. Or you think HHN is going back to all originals....delusional.

2. TWD - Depends on perma-attraction rumors. Yes, then this will be something else. No, then it's back. 

3. The Mummy (2017 Edition) - Le Synergy

4. The Thing (1982 Edition) - 35th Anniversary classic house, easier to get than other options as well.

5. The Conjuring - It's going to end up as the new AHS of being rumored and never coming for years, I have the odd feeling.

6. Original Sequel House - Nightingales? They've teased that as a franchise and both RUN and the what seemed to be isolated Ghost Town have gotten all new iterations. So why not Nightingales? Or perhaps Urban Legends?

7. Icon House - I think Chance was popular enough to warrant more icons. It's The Who that's the question.

8. Original New Concept - ??? 

9. 3D Original - Maybe that rumored "under the bed" Esque House? 

Scarezones:

As the more popular Forever said, New York will be based around some sorta apocalypse. Central Park will be another "forest with *insert creature here*" zone. Rest are a crap shoot.

Shows:

Bill and Ted

AoV will likely return as they were very well received. They could be included in an Icon Show. Have to wait and see.

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here.   Could be wishes, rumors, speculation, or truth.  I also won't list house or zone.

AHS

TWD

The Shining

Nightingales 2

Phantasm

AOV

Vamp 55

Christine

Conjuring

Dead Man's Wharf

Hellraiser

The Purge

Insidious

Trick r Treat

SAW

Halloween

• Like 2

Would love to see a house based of 

halloween 3 but I feel like it is highly unlikely.  If anything we would see a "best of" happen.  Also I see the mummy happening next year if it's release date is true.  

They need to bring back classic monster house from 11.  Imo that was one of the best houses to date.  I haven't seen the "crawling" scene since.

11 hours ago, Tich0las said:

My wish list for next year...

Stranger Things
Twin Peaks
The Thing (1982)
Babadook
Season of the Witch
Killer Klownz From Outer Space
Pink Floyd's The Wall 
HR Bloodengutz 2
Screamhouse Requel 
John Carpenter Live Performance 

I would hate that for one reason only. I would really love to see it all, but if John Carpenter was there, I would spend the whole time watching him, and any extra would be spent going through the Thing over and over.

Alright so I'm not really going to limit myself on 2017. I have too much in my head. This is going to be my wishful thinking/ predictions for content we will get within the next five years.

To start off Im going to start wishful thinking for icons until hhn 30. I would like them to continue the story line for the search for Jack. While it was mentioned in the chance queue video I'd really like to see this brought into the limelight the next 4 years. 

So HHN 27- Eddie: Police interrogation and Eddie going off on a murderous rampage, obviously we would be bringing back Run for this year.

HHn 28- Shadybrook theme with a warden icon. Shady brook are now searching and out to get any followers of Jack to find him out. A new psychoscarepy house would be great.

HHN 29- Bloody Mary or LT- They finally realize we need to go to the spirit world to find Jack. This would solidify a few original houses. A new Bloody Mary or a new LT. we could also bring Silver screams back that year if we are staying in the spirit world.

HHN 30- Jack comes back. Obviously

So for wishful thinking and predictions here is what I would expect for the next couple of years.

• AHS- Next year with 2,3, and 6. I'm sure its a part of the contract.
  • Walking Dead- Maybe not next year but for sure the year after. If we could alternate AHS and Walking Dead every other year I would be okay.
  • Conjuring and Sinister- Two new popular properties universal owns.
  • Saw and Friday the 13th- New movies coming out next year or the year after, well received properties at previous events.
  • Chucky- General Public appeal
  • Poltergeist- Getting rights from MGM would be difficult but it can be done. 
  • Trick r Treat- Same director as Krampus as long as we have a good relationship with him we should get it.
  • Something John Carpenter- Thing anniversary or Halloween sequel.
  • Killer Klownz or Tremors- Killer Klownz is more realistic but both would bring the ultimate cheese factor.
  • Classic Monsters- Psycho, creature or Hunchback would be the three I would most like to see. But if there are any rehashes I expect those first (Mummy).
  • Requels: Nightengales, a Havoc redemption, RUN, Psychoscarepy, Dollhouse, Frightanic and Cleaver would be the ones I would expect to see first.
  • Scary Tales: Maybe something we haven't seen before, Beauty and the Beast with the new movie coming out will be in peoples minds or Tarzan since they really enjoy using puppets lately.
  • Amityville Horror: After this year we can all agree that if there is going to be a movie house it will be this one.
  • Purge- No matter what people think it will be back.
  • Video Game houses- Haven't had one in a few years. New Resident Evil coming out is supposed to go back to scary roots. The Evil Within was very well received but would be very difficult to recreate. Until Dawn or The Last of Us would be my choices, Until Dawn for Scares and Last of Us for Sets. Getting the rights from Sony would be incredibly difficult however
  • Something from the Evil Dead creator, either a sequel, Ash vs. Evil Dead or Don't Breathe.

Thing I would prefer not to see:

• Stranger Things- not for at least the next 2 or 3 years. Its almost too fresh, lets get more substance to work off of
  • Walking Dead next year
  • Five Nights at Freddy's- For obvious reasons, but you wouldn't believe all the talk I heard about it in the parks this year. I might quit going if we ever do get it.
  • Other exorcism movies: i.e Emily Rose- While I enjoyed this years house I don't think a lesser movie would be appropriate.
  • Harry Potter being incorporated- Leave it for the normal park hours. 
Edited by killswitch22
  • Like 2

If they're going to whore out movies and shows at least bring back The Usher. He was very cool.

Legitimate wish: H.R. Bloodngutz as the icon.

Legitimate wish: No zombie / action-horror houses.

Legitimate wish: Nothing related to inmates, Jack/Chance

Dream houses:

1. Catacombs 2: Start in crypt, end up on streets of France, enter Notre Dame, "die" by being tossed out of the stained glass.

2. H.R. Bloodngutz 2: Different seasons

3. Serial killer house: include famous serial killers over time

4. A take on a funeral parlor a la Zombie Mortuary over at HOS

5. An "Underwater" house, non-mythical house. Show sunken boats, sunken houses, sunken cars, sunken ships. 

6. Vamp 1955 house.

Can't think of others now..will get more in a bit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, killswitch22 said:

Alright so I'm not really going to limit myself on 2017. I have too much in my head. This is going to be my wishful thinking/ predictions for content we will get within the next five years.

To start off Im going to start wishful thinking for icons until hhn 30. I would like them to continue the story line for the search for Jack. While it was mentioned in the chance queue video I'd really like to see this brought into the limelight the next 4 years. 

So HHN 27- Eddie: Police interrogation and Eddie going off on a murderous rampage, obviously we would be bringing back Run for this year.

HHn 28- Shadybrook theme with a warden icon. Shady brook are now searching and out to get any followers of Jack to find him out. A new psychoscarepy house would be great.

HHN 29- Bloody Mary or LT- They finally realize we need to go to the spirit world to find Jack. This would solidify a few original houses. A new Bloody Mary or a new LT. we could also bring Silver screams back that year if we are staying in the spirit world.

HHN 30- Jack comes back. Obviously

So for wishful thinking and predictions here is what I would expect for the next couple of years.

• AHS- Next year with 2,3, and 6. I'm sure its a part of the contract.
  • Walking Dead- Maybe not next year but for sure the year after. If we could alternate AHS and Walking Dead every other year I would be okay.
  • Conjuring and Sinister- Two new popular properties universal owns.
  • Saw and Friday the 13th- New movies coming out next year or the year after, well received properties at previous events.
  • Chucky- General Public appeal
  • Poltergeist- Getting rights from MGM would be difficult but it can be done. 
  • Trick r Treat- Same director as Krampus as long as we have a good relationship with him we should get it.
  • Something John Carpenter- Thing anniversary or Halloween sequel.
  • Killer Klownz or Tremors- Killer Klownz is more realistic but both would bring the ultimate cheese factor.
  • Classic Monsters- Psycho, creature or Hunchback would be the three I would most like to see. But if there are any rehashes I expect those first (Mummy).
  • Requels: Nightengales, a Havoc redemption, RUN, Psychoscarepy, Dollhouse, Frightanic and Cleaver would be the ones I would expect to see first.
  • Scary Tales: Maybe something we haven't seen before, Beauty and the Beast with the new movie coming out will be in peoples minds or Tarzan since they really enjoy using puppets lately.
  • Amityville Horror: After this year we can all agree that if there is going to be a movie house it will be this one.
  • Purge- No matter what people think it will be back.
  • Video Game houses- Haven't had one in a few years. New Resident Evil coming out is supposed to go back to scary roots. The Evil Within was very well received but would be very difficult to recreate. Until Dawn or The Last of Us would be my choices, Until Dawn for Scares and Last of Us for Sets. Getting the rights from Sony would be incredibly difficult however
  • Something from the Evil Dead creator, either a sequel, Ash vs. Evil Dead or Don't Breathe.

Thing I would prefer not to see:

• Stranger Things- not for at least the next 2 or 3 years. Its almost too fresh, lets get more substance to work off of
  • Walking Dead next year
  • Five Nights at Freddy's- For obvious reasons, but you wouldn't believe all the talk I heard about it in the parks this year. I might quit going if we ever do get it.
  • Other exorcism movies: i.e Emily Rose- While I enjoyed this years house I don't think a lesser movie would be appropriate.
  • Harry Potter being incorporated- Leave it for the normal park hours. 

Well with Video Games they could somewhat bring back TWD if its based off the Telltale Games Walking Dead or bringing in FTWD to replace its sister show. As for FNAF Frightdome did it already.

Edited by Psycho_Bates

4 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I would hate that for one reason only. I would really love to see it all, but if John Carpenter was there, I would spend the whole time watching him, and any extra would be spent going through the Thing over and over.

The Carpenter show I saw in Barcelona was about an hour and 20 min. I'm not wishing for him to perform multiple times a night; just get his show there at least once during HHN. Doesn't even have to be at HHN, I'd be game for Hard Rock Live. 

• Gambit pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic