HHNH 2017 Predictions

8 hours ago, DTH316 said:

I believe Orlando did Carpenter's The Thing already and it was also called The Thing: Assimilation like the 2011 movie's maze.

I know Orlando has done The Thing twice, 2007 sequel to the movie and a house based on the prequel in 2011. But neither of these have been since the puppets we've seen in AWIL, AvP and a single one in Tomb of the Ancients. Plus, i didn't start going until 2014, and the Thing is my favorite horror movie of all time, so for purely selfish reasons I want to see that.

I honestly don't want to see "Stranger Things" at HHN. I'm super in love with the show and was Nancy for Halloween. But it's really just that I don't think there's enough maze content. And part of what was good about the show anyways was that we didn't really see the Demogorgon in all its glory until closer to the end of the show. The suspense and mystery made it "scary" (I phrase it that way because personally, I didn't find it to be scary. I know people were raving about it being scary though.)

• Like 1

I think it totally has enough environments and scenes to work with. Do I want to see it though? Not necessarily.

It could start off in Will's home with the Christmas lights, go through the forest for a few scary scenes (like Barb being taken), go to the lab where Eleven was created, then go to the Upside Down, then back to the lab for the finale.

If they can do This Is The End, they can do Stranger Things haha

Forget environments, there is only one, count em one creature/scare person thing to work off of, it would be the same thing over and over. You could say the same for exorcist but idk Stanger Things has Murdys love for it like the Exorcist does. If they wait a year for season 2 to come out I'm sure they have more to work with and make something special, if they do it next year it will just feel like a corporate move to capitalize on its popularity 

10 hours ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Forget environments, there is only one, count em one creature/scare person thing to work off of, it would be the same thing over and over. You could say the same for exorcist but idk Stanger Things has Murdys love for it like the Exorcist does. If they wait a year for season 2 to come out I'm sure they have more to work with and make something special, if they do it next year it will just feel like a corporate move to capitalize on its popularity 

One creature to work off of? You do know Horror Nights has done literally dozens of mazes with that description, right? lol

2 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

I'm surprised no one came at me for predicting It  will be a maze next year because of the remake due to Murdy having trouble getting the rights for the original film 

Wow, you're right, totally forgot about that! We'll see though, Stephen King apparently doesn't like his properties being used. But as they say, EVERYONE HAS A PRICE!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DTH316 said:

One creature to work off of? You do know Horror Nights has done literally dozens of mazes with that description, right? lol

Wow, you're right, totally forgot about that! We'll see though, Stephen King apparently doesn't like his properties being used. But as they say, EVERYONE HAS A PRICE!

Well Jack is inspired by It right?

On 10/24/2016 at 4:48 PM, StraightEdge said:

Saw: Legacy

Insidious

Exorcist (returns)

The Conjuring

It (the remake)

American Horror Story seasons 2-3 & 6

I'm super confident on my lineup though.

If Murdy got The Exorcist, Alien & Predator in the same maze, then I'm pretty sure somehow he'll be able to get It but probably just the remake.

I can see AHS being on the terror tram. You can have all the characters from the asylum out in the open and the creatures the Nazi doctor/scientist made. And maybe even build the asylum itself in the terror tram. Also the characters from season 3 & 6. TWD was a TV show on the Terror Tram so why not have AHS on there too.

if we get AHS as the terror tram and not a maze then I can see The Mummy being used.

honorable mentions are Hellraiser, Scream or Trick R Treat

1 hour ago, StraightEdge said:

I'm super confident on my lineup though.

If Murdy got The Exorcist, Alien & Predator in the same maze, then I'm pretty sure somehow he'll be able to get It but probably just the remake.

I can see AHS being on the terror tram. You can have all the characters from the asylum out in the open and the creatures the Nazi doctor/scientist made. And maybe even build the asylum itself in the terror tram. Also the characters from season 3 & 6. TWD was a TV show on the Terror Tram so why not have AHS on there too.

if we get AHS as the terror tram and not a maze then I can see The Mummy being used.

honorable mentions are Hellraiser, Scream or Trick R Treat

The movie Exorcist or the tv series?

I thought you would say that but I think you miss my point. Victims for the most part aren't used to spice things up, it's because they were actually kills in the movies. Even in some of these slasher houses they have variations of the character to not make it repetitive. Stranger Things has none of that and if they were to be accurate to the show, it would be room after room of the demagorogon popping out, unless they make it an original take, which is dumb. They need to wait a whole another year. Besides they are already locking houses on for next year and Murdy hasn't even seen the show yet so it's not happening

2 hours ago, Freak said:

Well, I'm let to the speculation game already. Okay here's what I think we'l get:

Pretty certain:

-American Horror Story

-Hellraiser

-The Conjuring

-Trick 'r Treat

For wild card properties:

-Scream

-Resident Evil

-The Thing

Hellraiser certain? Where did that come from?

11 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Hellraiser certain? Where did that come from?

There are rumors of a "Hellraiser" Remake and there is a tweet saying that the VP of Clive Barker's Officer wanting to talk to John Murdy after Murdy tweeted about several meetings for next year's lineup.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2016 at 11:59 AM, foodstampsFTW said:

You mean the remakes 35 anniversary. 

Since im posting here now, I might as well comment on some things and post my predictions. 

You guys can't be serious about thinking exorcist will return. I mean, come on, isn't horror nights past bringing back the same house the next year. AvP had a good reason for coming back, and I don't think the Exorcist cost as much as AvP. 

Also so would like to say before this gets suggested a million times next year. No there will not be a Stranger Things house, it's crazy how many people who saw the show thinks it should be a house. At least not for next year. There isn't enough material in season 1 to work with unless they take a lot of creative liberties.

Before I get to my point I just wanna say Fiodstamps is 100% right on both points.

anyways I'm locking this thread on the count of this is technically speculation and until at least January or Murdy starts talking about let alone start planning 2017 this kind of pointless remember tonight is the last night and he does take a vacation right after.