HHNH 2017 Predictions

I highly doubt Phantasm haha

im pretty sure either Exorcist or FvJ will be back by popular demand. If I were to guess though, Exorcist.

Heres the line up i see happening, which I put on another thread:

AHS: Asylum/Coven/Roanoke

The Exorcist

Trick r treat 

The Conjuring/Annabelle

Lights Out

Saw: Legacy

So I've been a lurker for years but never posted. I know there's been talk about The Conjuring coming to HHN for years to both Hollywood and Orlando but it never has.  It always comes down to rights or what have you.  Well I just moved to Australia and was looking for Halloween events here.  Low and behold Warner Brothers Movie World has a Conjuring 2 maze this year.  Not sure how they are able to get the rights but Universal can't but this may be the reason we haven't seen it at either HHN event in the US.  Hopefully next year is the year it finally comes

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-07%20at%2011.50.

Edited by coastercody
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, coastercody said:

So I've been a lurker for years but never posted. I know there's been talk about The Conjuring coming to HHN for years to both Hollywood and Orlando but it never has.  It always comes down to rights or what have you.  Well I just moved to Australia and was looking for Halloween events here.  Low and behold Warner Brothers Movie World has a Conjuring 2 maze this year.  Not sure how they are able to get the rights but Universal can't but this may be the reason we haven't seen it at either HHN event in the US.  Hopefully next year is the year it finally comes

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-07%20at%2011.50.

Because WB owns The Conjuring franchise.

15 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Stranger Things could be a possible maze for 2017?

If not, I guarantee Knotts will do a maze "heavily inspired" by it.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. So I have a lot to say about Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2017 so I'm gonna go onto some touchy topics. Remember this is my opinion of what we could be seeing and not of what we may actually see happen. So let's start. I have received info from a Source regarding 2017's Event and I'm about to say it. It is not regarding the Mazes he didn't tell me what mazes exactly we are getting but guided me in a way to a much more plausible guess or idea.

Mazes (8):

Upper Lot (3):

- The Walking Dead (HoH Queue) 

- The Conjuring (Parsian Courtyard) 

- Child's Play (Waterworld Queue)

Lower Lot (2):

- Insidious (Jurassic Park Queue)

- The Mummy (Mummy Queue)

Backlot (3):

- American Horror Story (FDTD Area)

- Trick 'R Treat (Metro Sets)

- The Thing (747 Queue) 

Scare Zone (or Zones):

Unknown 

Terror Tram:

- Saw Legacy: Live or Die

Show: 

- Jabbawockeez 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2016 at 5:17 PM, HHNManics said:

Ok. So I have a lot to say about Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood 2017 so I'm gonna go onto some touchy topics. Remember this is my opinion of what we could be seeing and not of what we may actually see happen. So let's start. I have received info from a Source regarding 2017's Event and I'm about to say it. It is not regarding the Mazes he didn't tell me what mazes exactly we are getting but guided me in a way to a much more plausible guess or idea.

Mazes (8):

Upper Lot (3):

- The Walking Dead (HoH Queue) 

- The Conjuring (Parsian Courtyard) 

- Child's Play (Waterworld Queue)

Lower Lot (2):

- Insidious (Jurassic Park Queue)

- The Mummy (Mummy Queue)

Backlot (3):

- American Horror Story (FDTD Area)

- Trick 'R Treat (Metro Sets)

- The Thing (747 Queue) 

Scare Zone (or Zones):

Unknown 

Terror Tram:

- Saw Legacy: Live or Die

Show: 

- Jabbawockeez 

Don't know what's so touchy about these.  

Are there reboots coming next year for some of these?  

It appears murky is trying to freshen the terror tram. If he was to put saw as theme, can you see it going right back the the old "pigs with chainsaws" again?

Also, unless there are reboots on the way, don't know why thing, mummy, child's play or insidious would happen.  

I dont see see this lineup being particularly exciting, even for the GP.   Too many repeats.  But then again, the IP well is running dryer every year.  Either they keep milking the same IPs over and over or use more obscure IPs....or here's a thought - do some freaking original mazes?

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

Don't know what's so touchy about these.  

Are there reboots coming next year for some of these?  

It appears murky is trying to freshen the terror tram. If he was to put saw as theme, can you see it going right back the the old "pigs with chainsaws" again?

Also, unless there are reboots on the way, don't know why thing, mummy, child's play or insidious would happen.  

I dont see see this lineup being particularly exciting, even for the GP.   Too many repeats.  But then again, the IP well is running dryer every year.  Either they keep milking the same IPs over and over or use more obscure IPs....or here's a thought - do some freaking original mazes?

Ok let me defend my claim shall I?

- "Child's Play" will most likely have a new film coming out next year that is a follow up to "Curse of Chucky" and while I don't think that will happen. I do think the original film will happen that is promoting the New film. It's a big title and has very popular icon that has been at the event before. 

- "The Thing" could happen due to the fact that Murdy wants it to happen. It will based on the original film most likely because there are no reboots in production of "The Thing" I know of. It could very well be our Special Effects and/or Heavily Puppet Maze (Examples: "Alien Vs Predator" 2014-2015, "Krampus" 2016). Plus at Scarela someone has asked what properties he would go after doing "The Exorcist" and he said "The Thing" as one of them.

- "The Mummy" has a new reboot coming out next year and with Murdy's love for Universal Monsters and that we have the Mummy Queue it's honestly kind of a perfect match up.

- "Insidious" has "Insidious Chapter 4" coming out next year and with the popularity and positive reviews with the mazes and films. I see it coming back.

- "Saw Legacy" is a new "Saw" film coming out next year. Now I'm starting to think we might get a Original Hollywood Harry Maze next year so that's the reason as to why I think "Saw Legacy" will be the terror tram because "Saw" has been the terror tram before.

That's kind of my thoughts as of late. Then again this are early predictions and I'm 100% sure that my opinion will change when HHN ends.

I did not know there were so many sequels/reboots coming up.

as much as I'd love to see an original house for Hollywood, I seriously doubt Hollywood Harry would happen because we had Clownz so recently.  Just like we won't see a Dark Christmas house because of Krampus.  Yeah, I know Dark Christmas was the Krampus lore, but the scare zone was the closest we will get to an original Christmas theme house for a long time.

Here's a possible lineup!

Another installment of the Halloween franchise 

Stranger Things 

American Horror Story: Asylum, Coven, Roanoke 

Evil Dead (Sam Raimi version or Ash vs Evil Dead) 

It reboot (or original) 

Saw: Legacy 

The Conjuring 

The Walking Dead Attraction 

18 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Expanding on The Thing, it's the original's 35th anniversary. 

You mean the remakes 35 anniversary. 

Since im posting here now, I might as well comment on some things and post my predictions. 

You guys can't be serious about thinking exorcist will return. I mean, come on, isn't horror nights past bringing back the same house the next year. AvP had a good reason for coming back, and I don't think the Exorcist cost as much as AvP. 

Also so would like to say before this gets suggested a million times next year. No there will not be a Stranger Things house, it's crazy how many people who saw the show thinks it should be a house. At least not for next year. There isn't enough material in season 1 to work with unless they take a lot of creative liberties.

Ok here's some things I think will be on the lineup:

American Horror Story(100% sure on this one, I'd be willing to put money on it)

Saw Legacy

Ash vs Evil Dead

The Conjuring(this is more of a want, but it's either this or Insidious and I think Conjuring is overdue now)

The Thing(the 35th anniversary and that John said he still wants to do the original sold me on at least them trying to get it)

An original house that will probably be in 3D but hopefully not.

• Like 1

Here are some more predictions for this year that I have in mind. 

Trick r Treat 

Insidious Chapter 4 

A rebooted Universal monster film (for promotional purposes) 

Alien: Covenant 

3rd Alice Cooper house (may or may not be 3D) 

Jeepers Creepers 

Scream Queens 

Edited by Henry14

On 10/26/2016 at 6:05 PM, DTH316 said:

Yeah, I see (Ash vs.) or Evil Dead as a big possibility, especially since it's getting a third season already.

Also, next year is the last season of MTV's Scream, so if there's any chance of that franchise coming back, it's now! :(

You know what? I have a feeling 2017 MAY be the year we end up seeing Scream done right, all 4 movies, Ghostface etc.. the whole she-bang.. Ghostface is the only slasher that hasn't had his star shine properly at the event and with this year being such a heavy slasher year, it would make sense for them to follow it up with the last man standing.. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, horror lover said:

You know what? I have a feeling 2017 MAY be the year we end up seeing Scream done right, all 4 movies, Ghostface etc.. the whole she-bang.. Ghostface is the only slasher that hasn't had his star shine properly at the event and with this year being such a heavy slasher year, it would make sense for them to follow it up with the last man standing.. 

Would be cool seeing it as a maze. There is one horror theme show that aired on Freeform, but not sure if it would be able to be a maze at HHN due to Disney owning the rights to this show.

18 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

If that's right, I sure hope we share it! I'd love to see what Orlando could do with the original film and all of the advancements in puppets and such.

I believe Orlando did Carpenter's The Thing already and it was also called The Thing: Assimilation like the 2011 movie's maze.

10 hours ago, foodstampsFTW said:

You guys can't be serious about thinking exorcist will return. I mean, come on, isn't horror nights past bringing back the same house the next year. AvP had a good reason for coming back, and I don't think the Exorcist cost as much as AvP. 

Also so would like to say before this gets suggested a million times next year. No there will not be a Stranger Things house, it's crazy how many people who saw the show thinks it should be a house. At least not for next year. There isn't enough material in season 1 to work with unless they take a lot of creative liberties.

The TV show is doing very well and the line has been insanely long all season. I've never seen a line reach 3 hours at HHN. That means people felt it would be worth it and also a lot of people probably skipped it and didn't get to see it. "Brought back by popular demand" is reason enough. I wouldn't doubt it for a single second, if not the movie, then perhaps in the TV series' form.

6 hours ago, Psycho_Bates said:

Since AHS is finally a house I kinda predict its sister show Scream Queens being a maze using both season 1, and season 2. Channel Zero as well.

Scream Queens season 1 and 2 have completely different settings, it'd be an awkward house. And the ratings have been hella low, it's on the verge of getting cancelled. I doubt it'll happen.

1 hour ago, horror lover said:

I hope and I PRAY. Just one time Murdy, c'mon, give it it's due!!!

• Like 1