The Roaming Hordes

King_K.

We had 3 last time so 4 isn't that big of a stretch, how cool would it be if one of the 4 DIDN'T have chainsaws? Also, I would love a year where they are allowed to go into resteraunts and bathrooms as long as they stay within scarezone boundaries. Ideally the only place that should feel safe in the park is Bill and Ted.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure we had a male and female chainsaw crew along with a clown crew... with chainsaws. I really enjoyed seeing them around the park however, as it made some areas that were essentially dead zones more lively, and I am excited to hear about their return. If there are any groups that don't have chainsaws this year then they could go in so many more places than just the streets, since the gas from the saws makes them dangerous to bring inside buildings.

Oh wow, these roaming hordes seem so cool this year! I love how they are way more creative than just "guys girls and clowns holding chainsaws" (which, don't get me wrong, was still nice to have in the park as an extra way to liven up the dead zones). I'm especially looking forward to the geisha and cheerleaders, even if we might be getting more cheerleaders in vamp '55.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The cheerleaders don't seem shy about taking pictures and they interact well with guests. On a side note, be careful when taking pictures. I saw a girl with a big chest in a white t-shirt and was about to take a picture, then I realized her shirt didn't say HHN; it was just a random park guest.

I'm pretty disappointed that the roaming hordes all are chainsaw-based. That ruins the theming of most of them and honestly I'm sad that Uni felt the need to stick chainsaws on everything. Scarecrows and geishas with chainsaws? Come on. They were so close to making the hordes really special this year. 

5 minutes ago, duh1011 said:

I'm pretty disappointed that the roaming hordes all are chainsaw-based. That ruins the theming of most of them and honestly I'm sad that Uni felt the need to stick chainsaws on everything. Scarecrows and geishas with chainsaws? Come on. They were so close to making the hordes really special this year. 

Well, they kinda don't have many choices for roaming hoards since they don't have any props to hide behind or heavy fog to surprise you from.  A few years ago when they had the guys with the "bang cane" things, they were still too little of a noise to really scare you even when they snuck up on you.  They really need something as loud and sudden as the chainsaws to startle you.  Can't think of any thing that a scarecrow would legitimately have access to that could pull that off (yes, a shotgun for the scare crows...but we all know that wasn't an option for this year).

Would be cool for them to have some kind of system where the scareactors had speakers "hidden" in their costumes and a way to trigger a LOUD sound for their scares.  But the logistics of constantly charging, wiring, rain issues, etc, etc, etc limits it to having to be something like a chainsaw that just needs gas every few hours.

4 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Well, they kinda don't have many choices for roaming hoards since they don't have any props to hide behind or heavy fog to surprise you from.  A few years ago when they had the guys with the "bang cane" things, they were still too little of a noise to really scare you even when they snuck up on you.  They really need something as loud and sudden as the chainsaws to startle you.  Can't think of any thing that a scarecrow would legitimately have access to that could pull that off (yes, a shotgun for the scare crows...but we all know that wasn't an option for this year).

Would be cool for them to have some kind of system where the scareactors had speakers "hidden" in their costumes and a way to trigger a LOUD sound for their scares.  But the logistics of constantly charging, wiring, rain issues, etc, etc, etc limits it to having to be something like a chainsaw that just needs gas every few hours.

I see what you're saying, and I get why they did it. It's hard to scare someone that isn't looking at you without touch or sound, and the former is most certainly not allowed at this event. However, it doesn't change my disappointment any. I guess it's still better than having completely dead zones like in years past, but I wish that they came up with better ideas to work with chainsaws than these awesome ideas that go together with chainsaws like oil and water. 

1 hour ago, duh1011 said:

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

the cheerleaders actually remind people of the game lollipop chainsaw so they make sense in a way. 

the cheerleaders with chainsaws make more sense than the Geishas. and their unniforms say HHN so they are pretty cool. i have seen people on facebook like them alot. they are getting some praise (more than the other hordes) 

I also wonder since two hordes are actresses i wonder if they gave them chainsaws so that people wont mess with them (since there was so much trouble with actresses getting harassed.) 

I know all zones have actresses but these hordes kind of stand out more since they are not surrounded by props

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to The Roaming Hordes