What Ideas Do You Have For Original Content?

hhnfan95

I'm starting this topic to see what original ideas you all have for houses, scare zones, shows, icons and/or themes!

Here are some I came up with:

HOUSES

• HR BloodNGutz Presents: Scary Christmas 3D - Everyone's favorite late night horrorathon host is back with an all new line-up! It's the holiday season and HR BloodNGutz is ready to haul out the holly (and the hatches) as he presents some of the most classic and horrifying Christmas films of all time! Happy Horrordays! 

• The Keeper of the Garden - Cynthia Rosemary loved the beauty of nature and would often take walks through the town's gardens. On the evening of April 15, 1914, while on her nightly walk through the Carey Memorial Gardens, a massive storm arose. When running to seek shelter, Cynthia fell into a deep hole which lead to her death. Many have said that have see Cynthia walking the paths of the Carey Memorial Gardens nightly and those who have come in contact with her have never been seen again.

ICONS

• Jack Hyde (The Doctor)
  • Cynthia Rosemary (The Keeper of the Garden)
  • Anna Strict (The Librarian) 
Edited by hhnfan95
  • Like 1

Two sorta ideas I had in my head for an anniversary esque year:

Legendary Truth : Icons Invasion - Basically the main LT facility being invaded by the Icons. 

Horror In History - Compilaion house featuring the various historical houses that have been done throughout HHN.

Also have wanted to see an original about a heist gone wrong, akin to Don't Breathe but with some other sorta creatures.

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Two sorta ideas I had in my head for an anniversary esque year:

Legendary Truth : Icons Invasion - Basically the main LT facility being invaded by the Icons. 

Horror In History - Compilaion house featuring the various historical houses that have been done throughout HHN.

Also have wanted to see an original about a heist gone wrong, akin to Don't Breathe but with some other sorta creatures.

Nice!

HAVOC: Unleashed- The Dogs of War return after their escape from custody and decide to unleash their pent up fury on the government that subjected them to cruel experiments. Their path of righteous revenge is taken straight to the White House as the deteriorating and deranged soldiers wreak havoc on the country that betrayed them. 

The entire maze would basically be a more insane version of movies like White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen. This time the Dogs of War are deteriorating and stricken by all sorts of ailments, including tumors, milky eyes, bloody noses, skin that's sloughing off.

The facade would be a battle stricken White House, with an overturned tank on the lawn and a scareactor within the tank. Secret service agents have been lynched and hanging from the barristers. Rooms would include the oval office, press room, foyer, and then transition into the secret bunkers and war rooms beneath the mansion

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

HAVOC: Unleashed- The Dogs of War return after their escape from custody and decide to unleash their pent up fury on the government that subjected them to cruel experiments. Their path of righteous revenge is taken straight to the White House as the deteriorating and deranged soldiers wreak havoc on the country that betrayed them. 

The entire maze would basically be a more insane version of movies like White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen. This time the Dogs of War are deteriorating and stricken by all sorts of ailments, including tumors, milky eyes, bloody noses, skin that's sloughing off.

The facade would be a battle stricken White House, with an overturned tank on the lawn and a scareactor within the tank. Secret service agents have been lynched and hanging from the barristers. Rooms would include the oval office, press room, foyer, and then transition into the secret bunkers and war rooms beneath the mansion

Awesome idea!

H.R. Bloodengutz: Dead Air: Everyone's favorite creature feature host returns by way of a hacked pirated TV signal. He vows revenge on WKNB by hacking into their nightly newsfeed and promising more horror classics than ever before, all the while kidnapping employees and killing them on his feed. I got the idea from, of all places, The Oddity Archive on Youtube, namely their videos on the 1987 Max Headroom incident and other instances like Captain Midnight. The facade like last time would be the WKNB studios, this time updated since the 70s aesthetic of the original.

Zombiegeddon Origins: A prequel of sorts to the previous house, we learn the origins of the zombie outbreak as well as the foundation of ZAP, all in a retro setting. Starting at a ZAP recruitment center where the guests are voluntary operatives, they go through a variety of locations ravaged by zombies, from a family home to a roller rink, the subways with breakdancing zombies, an arcade, video rental store, etc. My inspiration here was movies like Day of the Dead and Ghostbusters. The facade would be the ZAP compound, originally an old police station. 

Nightingales: Unfortunate Son: The Nightingales return some 50 years after the events of the original house, instead of WWI we're in Vietnam. Just when the soldiers think they're being taken care of, the Nightingales strike at their weakest, regardless if napalm is involved. Oddly enough Full Metal Jacket was an inspiration here. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AbeLinkedIn said:

H.R. Bloodengutz: Dead Air: Everyone's favorite creature feature host returns by way of a hacked pirated TV signal. He vows revenge on WKNB by hacking into their nightly newsfeed and promising more horror classics than ever before, all the while kidnapping employees and killing them on his feed. I got the idea from, of all places, The Oddity Archive on Youtube, namely their videos on the 1987 Max Headroom incident and other instances like Captain Midnight. The facade like last time would be the WKNB studios, this time updated since the 70s aesthetic of the original.

Zombiegeddon Origins: A prequel of sorts to the previous house, we learn the origins of the zombie outbreak as well as the foundation of ZAP, all in a retro setting. Starting at a ZAP recruitment center where the guests are voluntary operatives, they go through a variety of locations ravaged by zombies, from a family home to a roller rink, the subways with breakdancing zombies, an arcade, video rental store, etc. My inspiration here was movies like Day of the Dead and Ghostbusters. The facade would be the ZAP compound, originally an old police station. 

Nightingales: Unfortunate Son: The Nightingales return some 50 years after the events of the original house, instead of WWI we're in Vietnam. Just when the soldiers think they're being taken care of, the Nightingales strike at their weakest, regardless if napalm is involved. Oddly enough Full Metal Jacket was an inspiration here. 

Love the Nightingales house, unfortunately I don't think Universal would ever use the Vietnam War as a setting due to political insensitivity and the fact that many Vietnam vets are alive and would pretty horrific to them.

• Like 2

Just now, Ghostsarejerks said:

Love the Nightingales house, unfortunately I don't think Universal would ever use the Vietnam War as a setting due to political insensitivity and the fact that many Vietnam vets are alive and would pretty horrific to them.

Fair enough. They could easily do World War II instead. War of the Living Dead was very WWII themed, complete with having Roosevelt's Fireside Chats as audio. 

• 1 year later...

I’m not sure if anyone will read this. But...

I feel like they missed an opportunity with Invasion. I think it would work well as a comedy house. Basically the facade would be the aliens’ ship, and outside people in regular ‘50s business clothing would be overly enthusiastically telling you how great the aliens are. Once you board the ship it is more cheerfulness (to the point where it’s awkward/uncomfortable) but as you venture deeper you find that the aliens are secretly conducting standard “alien” experiments. And a room where you see how all the “enthusiasm” is made, as people’s brains are being taken out and brainwashed. Of course, the finale would be the aliens shooting at you to prevent you from escaping.

Maybe that just sounded a lot better in my head (very rough draft), but thought it would be a good sorta dark humor house.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I've always thought a great house would be a self aware 4th wall breaking house. Have the concept be that Mike Aiello(or some made up character) has gone insane with the rest of the creative staff all these years, and have started actually killing people inside a half finished house that still looks like the plywood pictures we see every year.  It probably wouldn't happen just because I don't think Universal would want to admit that the other 8 houses are not real like that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I've always thought a great house would be a self aware 4th wall breaking house. Have the concept be that Mike Aiello(or some made up character) has gone insane with the rest of the creative staff all these years, and have started actually killing people inside a half finished house that still looks like the plywood pictures we see every year.  It probably wouldn't happen just because I don't think Universal would want to admit that the other 8 houses are not real like that.

Yeah, me too! Well, mine was more... Haunted House based off of building a haunted house. Not the guys in charge snapping, but the house gradually getting more polish while the employees kill people for materials (Mainly corpses and red/brown paint).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DocNiktMarr said:

Yeah, me too! Well, mine was more... Haunted House based off of building a haunted house. Not the guys in charge snapping, but the house gradually getting more polish while the employees kill people for materials (Mainly corpses and red/brown paint).

Yours is a bit more likely. Yeah, like the concept is to decorate this haunted house they used actual corpses. So it would look all cheesy and have simple store bought effects beside super good HHN quality bodies and gore. 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought of a couple more ideas, one of which I used for a home haunt the previous year:

Holigeddon: Happy Nuke Year - In the final throws of the Cold War, after a decades long pissing contest between the USSR and America, the arms race becomes a reality as a nuke has hit the heartland of the USA, resulting in nuclear winter. The timing couldn't have been better as the Holiday Season is fast approaching, and the citizens celebrate the season with or without the risk of fallout. It's another comedy house as we have gritty doomsday preppers and mutants under the facade of Christmas cheer. Militants donning cheesy sweaters and gas masks along with improvised weaponry patrol the area to protect their own. We have elements like military barricades decked out with Christmas lights and garland, smoking missiles sticking out from the ground surrounded by smoldering asphalt, white stuff which could pass off as snow or fallout, etc. 

I did this theme as a Trunk or Treat scarezone last year to a very welcome and positive reception.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, this will NEVER happen because #1--copyright hell and #2--very little known outside of one book, but I would be ecstatic over Roald Dahl's books getting a Scary Tales treatment--not just Willy Wonka, either: James and the Giant Peach, Witches, Matilda, Twits, BFG (not quite sure how the last one would be pulled off but whatever).

Im sure Ive posted in this thread before... BUT....

A cryptids house. Each room is a different creature. Maybe set it up as a hunter/tracker that spends his life capturing rare creatures. Maybe put in that he had them all at a facility and they escape (ala CITWs). Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, Chupacabra, Werewolf/Dogman, etc, etc, etc..... would be so epic.... AND ORIGINAL.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Im sure Ive posted in this thread before... BUT....

A cryptids house. Each room is a different creature. Maybe set it up as a hunter/tracker that spends his life capturing rare creatures. Maybe put in that he had them all at a facility and they escape (ala CITWs). Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, Chupacabra, Werewolf/Dogman, etc, etc, etc..... would be so epic.... AND ORIGINAL.

In the other original content ideas thread there's a guy who had a similar idea. I'd be down for it!