American Horror Story

King_K.

On 8/18/2016 at 0:51 PM, ThNdIzNiR said:

You’ll witness the atrocities that befell many of the unfortunate souls of a roadside Freak Show and encounter Twisty, a maniacal and deformed clown performer. (https://blog.universalorlando.com/featured/hhn-26-american-horror-story/)

I hope they do something with Edward Mordrake and his band of dead freaks. That was one of the best parts of the whole season. I'll have to rewatch that season, but I remember being disappointed with how small of a part he played though. 

I wonder if they'll be using more of an original approach with certain parts of this house. Twisty is a cool character, but I hope they don't put all their focus on just him.

SPOILERS

Agreed. He AND Twisty. I just finished rewatching FS for the first time since it aired and forgot that Twisty dies after, like, the fourth episode. And Mordrake is creepy as hell but also underutilized. While the season has some good moments I now remember why I was so... let down by it. 
I'm really hoping for all the obvious scenes- I.E Big Top entrance/facade, inside the tent, Twisty's Bus and/or woods, and a tent scene with Mordrake, BUT I also really hope that we have at least ONE moment with Chester and Marjorie which were, IMO, one of the few highlights of the season. 

Edited by _Veritas_
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

^^^ as someon who is only watching now because of the house being announced I definitely could have used a spoiler alert before that one!! Lol

My bad. I tend to think that, after a few years, spoilers are unneeded but I totally understand not everyone has seen it :P 

Edited by _Veritas_

So I wasn't too thrilled on this announcement... I like the original houses more... But I started watching AHS when this was announced and I know its only on Season's 1, 4 & 5. But I can't just skip seasons even though its an anthology show. So I will be binge watching until HHN. I'm already on Coven and I love seeing the actors from previous seasons in it. It's so much fun. After watching Season 1 and 2. I'm very excited about the house because the show is really good. All through Season 1 I was like, this could be a room, this could be a room etc... I trust the design team will do this show justice! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I watched Season 1 when I was home on Labor Day and now I'm hoping the fan community can start something new. In the same way as you would ask "What does Z stand for?" and the way you could carry around a cat and comb, we should say "go away" to the ghosts during the Murder House portion.

3 hours ago, hhnholdem said:

I watched Season 1 when I was home on Labor Day and now I'm hoping the fan community can start something new. In the same way as you would ask "What does Z stand for?" and the way you could carry around a cat and comb, we should say "go away" to the ghosts during the Murder House portion.

why not croatoan

5 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I think Murder House will be a significant portion, since Freak Show isn't really scary after SPOILER WOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOTwisty dies.OK DONE. I would definetly do that. and we can't say Croatian because it clearly didn't work.

Hahahahahaha use [ spoiler ] YOUR TEXT HERE [/ spoiler ] minus the spaces to hide your text. Can't say Croatian why not? Spend a summer abroad on the Mediterranean?

15 hours ago, hhnholdem said:

I'm open to suggestions. The problem with a saying only for Murder House is that it won't work in either Freakshow or Hotel.

11 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I think Murder House will be a significant portion, since Freak Show isn't really scary after SPOILER WOOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOTwisty dies.OK DONE. I would definetly do that. and we can't say Croatian because it clearly didn't work.

technically croatoan works with ALL 3 seasons if.... you .... know what i mean... "cough- mordrake- cough

croatoan also works in season 5........... ^_^

5 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Can't say Croation because it didn't work when Violet attempted to use it to banish the gay couple.

i think it didnt work because 

Violet was a ghost herself. the words had to be spoken by a living person 

25 minutes ago, clash said:

i think it didnt work because 

Hide contents

Violet was a ghost herself. the words had to be spoken by a living person 

Huh, I didn't think about that. Although go away is a confirmed short term solution. I personally took it as Croatoan didn't work because the word has to have meaning to the ghosts. So Croatoan worked for the settlers of Roananoke, but some other word would work on the gay couple. 

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Interesting thing to note: The way Hollywood is doing this maze is specifically using the Halloween themed episodes and their scenes. I have to wonder if that's how it will work with us as well.

This is pretty neat! I didn't think about it that way but that is a good way to go about it. I haven't finished Hotel but some of the scariest and most visually engaging moments of the seasons that will be used take place during their Halloween episodes (especially Freak Show, their two part-er is the best of that season). It might help reign in that vast amount of content and give the house a concise focus.

Even if it doesn't happen though, I'm sure we'll see Halloween episodes well represented.

Halloween episodes would work pretty well for freak show, as Mordrake's trope can be the ones scarring us. Because if you've seen the show then most "monsters" wouldn't scare you. For Murder House though, it is confirmed to not be that way just because of the presence of Montgomery and his baby. 

2 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Not spoiler tagging because oddly enough, no. Which is weird because the scene the girl gets cut in half I figured was like the best Non-Twisty scene they had.

Aw, sad day. Besides Twisty she was the best part about that season for me. 

• Mark M. changed the title to American Horror Story