American Horror Story

King_K.

Little disappointed that Asylum isn't in them mix, as that and Murder House are my two favorite seasons (and I also personally believe after Asylum the show kind of started going down hill) but I guess if the rumors of wanting to do seasons 2,3 and 6 next year are true... it makes sense. 

Still, excited. Despite if seasons 4 and 5 were good, there is no doubt that there are scenes/locations and characters that lend themselves well to a haunt. And season one is amazing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, _Veritas_ said:

Little disappointed that Asylum isn't in them mix, as that and Murder House are my two favorite seasons (and I also personally believe after Asylum the show kind of started going down hill) but I guess if the rumors of wanting to do seasons 2,3 and 6 next year are true... it makes sense. 

Still, excited. Despite if seasons 4 and 5 were good, there is no doubt that there are scenes/locations and characters that lend themselves well to a haunt. And season one is amazing. 

I'm in the same boat! Asylum was my second favorite behind Murder House! I never got into Hotel, but maybe Freak Show can be good... They have plenty of props from last year they can reuse for the house that's for sure! lol

I honestly feel sorry for whoever has to wear the rubber suit from season 1. At least they'll be in A/C. Unless they do some different material to make it more comfortable/easier to wear. I hope they are able to have a mattress scare from Hotel (like someone appearing out of a mattress to scare you), if possible. IDK. I'm weirdly excited for this even though I was meh up until it was announced. Wheeeeeeeee

Edit: Should have watched the video first since someone in a mattress was featured lol.

Edited by faceleg

Hope this is the next Walking Dead property! I wouldn't mid having this every year because:

1. You KNOW it's going to be something new every time
  2. It's a fun property to do
  3. It (hopefully) won't get old
  4. You can always do new variations of each season and always see something new
  • Like 1

I'm actually a bit glad it's not all the seasons so I don't have to play as much catchup, having only seen Murder House.

This should be fun. It's the Megahouse, it's a TV Property with actual variety and insane visuals. I'll enjoy it.

Edited by ForeverEvil1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

I heard that the last season made it connected with the others somehow, not sure how but I heard that. So do I need to watch seasons 2 and 3 before I watch 4 and 5?

No. There were aspects of Hotel that connected it with Murder House. Freak Show connected with Asylum a little, but not enough to really matter. You'll be fine watching just the seasons in the house. 

Edited by faceleg

What's this house to a person who's never watched the show? I'm not to keen on houses about television series because, unlike movies, I can't get caught up easily.

Edited by SeaBass
Grammar error

5 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

VERY meh

I'M kinda feeling the same way.

Although Murder House was probably my 2nd favorite season, I don't see how it translates very well into a house really. The characters were what made the 1st season good and there is no real character development in a house... so I'm not sold on that season. Hotel was my least favorite season of the show. It had it's moments, but overall it really seemed to drag on and really just wasn't all that good and that is why it lost quite a few viewers during it's run. Denis O'Hare playing Liz Taylor was the best part of that season. Freak Show probably had some of the best characters of the whole series with Twisty and Edward Mordrake (with his dead band of freaks). I suppose there is some material they could use there at least.

I'm definitely in the they should have used season 2 (Asylum) boat. Yeah... It's swell and dandy that they may use it next year, but we're in this year and this was supposed to be the MEGA HOUSE. Guess we'll see how mega it turns out soon enough.

I'll be interested to see how we transition from 1 season to the next. 

All I wanted was to hear this in the house....

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 4

I'd really like to see maybe like a multiple facade thing? Like first we have the murder house, then when we go to Freak Show you walk through the devil head entrance thing, and then maybe just the lobby of the hotel since we never really saw the main entrance in the show all that much? Wishful thinking, I know. 

29 minutes ago, bmoz628 said:

I just hope they don't like make this childish or leave out some of the more adult themes. Like if I don't see some gimp suit or sexy homoerotic murders I will be like SUPER disappointed.

I was actually just thinking about this. I swear I remembered Mike, or one of the creatives, giving an interview a year or two ago where they were asked about AHS ever coming to HHN and they weren't sure. For the life of me I can't find the interview, and it's been driving bat shit crazy all day. But I thought they said something akin to the fact that weren't sure because that if it ever did come to HHN they wouldn't want to cut the content (I.E the violence, sexual nature, or anything.) They loved the property and want to respect it, but they weren't sure guests were ready for that yet/or mention of AHS extreme house.
God... I swear this interview was real. I remember having conversations about it with people. Anybody else remember this, or am I just going mad?

Edited by _Veritas_
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, _Veritas_ said:

I was actually just thinking about this. I swear I remembered Mike, or one of the creatives, giving an interview a year or two ago where they were asked about AHS ever coming to HHN and they weren't sure. For the life of me I can't find the interview, and it's been driving bat shit crazy all day. But I thought they said something akin to the fact that weren't sure because that if it ever did come to HHN they wouldn't want to cut the content (I.E the violence, sexual nature, or anything.) They loved the property and want to respect it, but they weren't sure guests were ready for that yet/or mention of AHS extreme house.
God... I swear this interview was real. I remember having conversations about it with people. Anybody else remember this, or am I just going mad?

I think you are correct, I believe it happened one year when this was a rumored house but it never came to light. I tried looking for the interview but cannot locate it.

The production design by Mark Worthington & set decoration by Ellen Brill for American Horror Story is beyond spectacular and for that reason this can be amazing. Super surprised Ryan Murphy let this though. Asylum would be incredible to walk through if it was represented completely & absolutely faithfully in set construction, but that season's design and theatricality are almost too good to ever touch again.

Hopeful rooms:

-Addie's Mirror Closet

-Murder House Overgrown Facade w/ Young Addy

-Staircase Foyer (Ben Hanging)

-Home Invasion Den

-Basement Strobe Lights w/ Tate & Infanata (Scaring Violet's Classmate)

-(Tonight You Belong to Me & Nightmare Audio)

-Freak Show Oversized Banners on Side Road

-Banner Gauntlet & Hellmouth

-Twisty's Bus Exterior (Expecting this to be pulled off pretty faithfully)

-Under Big Top w/ Halloween Night Decorations & Edward Mordrake Green Mist

-Tall Green Grass, String Lights, Tents, & Trailers Exterior Grounds Pathways

-The Ferris Wheel would be incredible if they still have it possibly from World Expo 2007 and fits clearance in soundstage.

-Cortez Front Desk w/ Liz

-Far Side of Lobby Between Pillars & Wall

-Upper Level Room Corridors with Open Doors to Show-Scenes (Sally's Open Window w/ Curtain Blowing in Wind 

-Hotel Green Tile Bathroom & Tub Shower

-Room 64 with John Lowe's Detective Stringed Pin-Ups & March's Rubber Serial Killer Mask with Acid Bath

-Neon IV Feeding Cages

-Ten Commandments Glass Domes Display

-Basement Mattress & Contractor Fire Burn

Wondering: 

-How they'll present Freak Show's flow, as much the hellmouth facade and gauntlet would be amazing to see but hard to pull off with a HHN adaption.

-How Liz Taylor, Countess, Dandy, & Elsa will be represented.

-Which audio tracks will play, as Murphy's audio choices work wonders for specific atmospheres.

-How the transitions will be done between the three seasons. (Title music/Final episode happenings represented/Stylized HHN Evil Dead-esque lettering spelling forthcoming season's subtitle in the show's iconic typography.

-How the expanse & openess of the Hotel lobby will be done, if at all.

-How exact the set construction will match Worthington's & Brill's (and costume designer Eyrich's) designs... Hopefully pretty well.

• Like 4

I wonder if there is any chance that some portion of the Murder House section will be decorated for Halloween like in the Halloween episodes. 

Am I the only one that got a kick out of the fact that the guy who plays the part of Chad's (Zachary Quinto) partner Patrick is the guy who plays Zoom from the CW's Flash? I rewatched season 1 this weekend and I was like... wait... That guy is Zoom. 

I'm not a fan of the show but I am excited for this maze. My sister was really big into Murder House and would watch it all the time. I was never a fan, I found the kid whiny and the plot a tad slow. I never got the push to watch the other seasons. But I think this maze will be fun. I've been told over the years that the show has gotten more explicit and while I'm sure some things won't be shown fully in the house, I hope that we can all be adults and at least have some innuendo. I'm really more excited for the sets and the diversity of the house though. I feel like transitions might be a little rough, but going from scene to scene should be fun in this one.

You’ll witness the atrocities that befell many of the unfortunate souls of a roadside Freak Show and encounter Twisty, a maniacal and deformed clown performer. (https://blog.universalorlando.com/featured/hhn-26-american-horror-story/)

I hope they do something with Edward Mordrake and his band of dead freaks. That was one of the best parts of the whole season. I'll have to rewatch that season, but I remember being disappointed with how small of a part he played though. 

I wonder if they'll be using more of an original approach with certain parts of this house. Twisty is a cool character, but I hope they don't put all their focus on just him.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to American Horror Story