Halloween Horror Nights 26 : Security Concerns and Questions

Tich0las

6 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I missed this news (Im not local though). Metal detectors BEFORE City Walk???? Where are they gonna set them up???

It's not just for Horror Nights, it's all the time now.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/12/new-security-measures-at-universal-orlando-resort-metal-detectors/

Guests are being asked to empty out their pockets in addition to the bag check, with Universal security officers utilizing metal detecting wands to scan each guest as well. It’s a similar process that’s used during Halloween Horror nights.

I contacted Universal regarding bringing in prescription meds. I didn't get the person's name because the message was left on my phone's voicemail. The person said that you can bring in your meds as long as you have an id that matches the label and that the label is clearly legible on the bottle. She also said to make sure the bottle is all the same pill, so don't just toss in all the pills for 1 day in a single bottle. 

I feel a little better now, but to be honest, I still don't have 100% faith in the security following the proper rules. Many times when you put someone in a position of power it goes to their head and they end up abusing it. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I contacted Universal regarding bringing in prescription meds. I didn't get the person's name because the message was left on my phone's voicemail. The person said that you can bring in your meds as long as you have an id that matches the label and that the label is clearly legible on the bottle. She also said to make sure the bottle is all the same pill, so don't just toss in all the pills for 1 day in a single bottle. 

I feel a little better now, but to be honest, I still don't have 100% faith in the security following the proper rules. Many times when you put someone in a position of power it goes to their head and they end up abusing it. 

Id anticipate the worse. Communication with a place as big as Uni is sure to be shit. Plus that yellow shirt can inflate a persons head pretty good. If I didnt see this all go down last year it wouldnt even be on my radar. But I saw first hand what lack of training and a power trip can turn into. And god forbid the keep the line going when they are doing their thorough investigation of a chick in a wheel chair. LOL 

That could have been my wife , last year at the onsite entrance to HHN they looked

into her pill bottle, she takes a lot of meds. She puts all of her pills into one bottle

and it was a major pain, at first they was not going to let her bring them in but

one of the security persons there confirmed that the pills was what she said they

was , He also suffers from RA and takes the same meds. after that we just was always 

in the park earlier.

Didn't know they were licensed doctors now who could deny people with medication.

Ugh the security situation at HHN makes me so mad I could kick a hole in the wall.

I'm hoping the earlier screening will help divert the need for rent a guards.

We went through the parking security rather easy in June. But things are always worse at HHN.

• Like 2

That's my whole point about security. These arent trained people by any means. They are not Dr's or pharmacists or medics. They can't not look at a pill and tell what it is. If I was the woman in front of us last year I would at a minimum make a call to Uni corporate and make an official complaint. Hopefully its just an isolated incident but that yellow shirt can go to some peoples head. I've never had an issue. Even when I pulled out a baggie of ibuprofens they guys says "whats this?", I told him, he said "cool! have a good time!". That was in 2012 I think. Now I just keep it in my pocket and pretend its not there. Avoid the whole situation. I have to take my IB's, jiu-jitsu has taken its toll on this body! LOL

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 1

Has anybody had problems bringing in an umbrella? I'm talking about the longer ones, not the ones that are compact to fit in a bag or purse. It's three feet long and I decided to call guest services and they actually said that's too long of an umbrella. Just wondering if anybody can share any experiences.

21 minutes ago, hhnholdem said:

Has anybody had problems bringing in an umbrella? I'm talking about the longer ones, not the ones that are compact to fit in a bag or purse. It's three feet long and I decided to call guest services and they actually said that's too long of an umbrella. Just wondering if anybody can share any experiences.

Will they deny a cane as well? 3 ft is a standard umbrella. My umbrella doubles as my cane so I hope they don't give me trouble.

• Like 1

What might some of your opinions be on this idea. This year my girlfriend and I are only flying down for for night to experience the event usually in years past we'd come down for multiple night visits. So I was thinking what if we're able to hang out near beyond the archway and find a spot to wait against like behind the ticket booths well before they roll out the metal detectors.  Like by 430ish. My hope was that we can be as close to one of the turnstiles as can be to take advantage of every minute from the time the gates open. Has anyone tried this before?

in regards to the Metal Detector checkpoints. i did hear that this year, there will be no security checkpoints in the archway since the sole checkpoints will be principal Parking Garage Hub checkpoint which have the X-ray scanners as well. Resort-wise, it will be a simple bag check and a Metal Detector wand search 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JDW said:

Will they deny a cane as well? 3 ft is a standard umbrella. My umbrella doubles as my cane so I hope they don't give me trouble.

So it was a verbal "no" last night. I sent an email and then saw I had a voicemail this afternoon, but I forgot my password. I called guest services and said that I couldn't access my voicemail and asked the same question. The answer turned to yes. Later I found out my voicemail passcode and listened to the message and was told the umbrella is okay if it doesn't have a metal tip. Still bothers me that the story changes each time, but now it seems like the umbrella is okay (because mine has a plastic tip).

7 minutes ago, hhnholdem said:

So it was a verbal "no" last night. I sent an email and then saw I had a voicemail this afternoon, but I forgot my password. I called guest services and said that I couldn't access my voicemail and asked the same question. The answer turned to yes. Later I found out my voicemail passcode and listened to the message and was told the umbrella is okay if it doesn't have a metal tip. Still bothers me that the story changes each time, but now it seems like the umbrella is okay (because mine has a plastic tip).

Dang ok I'll leave the sword/cane/gun/umbrella at home.

• Like 3