Most Anticipated Scarezone (HHN 26)

King_K.

HHN 26 Scarezones  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What's your most anticipated this year?

• A Chance In Hell
    • Banshee's Lair
    • Vamp 1955
    • Survive or Die
    • Dead Man's Wharf

DMW of course. Hearing fish costumes... very Lovecraftian.

Survive or Die sounds like a Purge whitewashing overlay

Vamp 1955... eh could go either way

Banshee's Lair. CP is always a good location.

A chance In Hell - IDK I have no opinion.

1. Vamp (Greaser Vampires. 50's theme and music? Sign me up.)

2. Wharf (This zone has to be god, considering it the one scarezone that has no house really close to it anymore. The concept sounds great, like a Lovecraftian Fog.)

3. Chance / Banshees (Chance's location puts it down, and Banshee sounds like Roots with slight changes, not that that will be terrible.)

4. Survive (As JDW said, almost sounds like The Purge but less...Purgey.)

Based of description I am most looking forward to Wharf. However with the high likelihood of that zone being in San Fran I think it won't end up being one of my favorite zones in reality. Banshee will probably end up in Central Park and probably end up my favorite zone cause the fog and atmosphere just works so well there.

I'm in the minority here, but I'll explain why I'm anticipating A Chance in Hell. Based on the little bit I've read, there will be a barker. I love the entertainment value. The barkers are great with improv and often shut down obnoxious drunks. I loved the caterpillar in the Alice scarezone. I loved watching the Chucky's Insult Emporium (Hollywood) videos on the internet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

However with the high likelihood of that zone being in San Fran I think it won't end up being one of my favorite zones in reality.

I'm hoping that since there's no house exit anymore in San Fran, they can really go balls out elaborate here.

• Like 3

Wharf had my heart from the words Annabel Lee :) This sounds like the best kind of lost Poe/Lovecraft  collab. I'm so excited to see how it turns out!

Close second is Chance, all of the concepts I'm hearing are really surprising me, and I think it will be fun and different. Also, as others have mentioned, the barker aspect is a major plus and I'm hoping we get a sort of minishow a la Icons with Chance.

Vamp 1955 has the potential to come out on top as well, I love when Horror Nights goes campy.

I'm also really interested in the Banshee concept but I have reservations, I really hope they do something that's not just bats and pumpkins in Central Park.

Survive or Die is the least interesting to me, it's too much Purge and not enough Saws and Steam.

Also super hype to see what's up with our chainsaw guys this year. It's gonna be a great year in the streets!

1.  Warf

2.  Vamp 1955

3.  Chance

4.  Banshee

5.  Survive or Die

Of course, I love them all and can't believe Survive or Die is my least anticipated...but can't justify knocking anything else down either.  It looks to be the biggest scare zone, has 3 groups of people, and if Gambit's spec is correct has 3 distinct alleys. Could make for a very interesting zone, but the descriptions of the other ones are just too well written and really paint a picture that I can't wait to see.

1. Wharf (Sounds bad ass along with feeling like a lot of love and attention will be given to it)

2. Survive or Die (Saws N Steam immediately comes to mind except instead of harvesting water it's now air.  Too bad no Sting Alley)

3. Banshee (Always like the Central Park zone's atmosphere.  Though not too thrilled with the stage show being so close 2 years in a row)

4. Chance (Though my infatuation with Chance runs deep, not sure what to make of this one yet)

5. Vamp '55 (Not into the campy stuff.  Not sure why, but I just get a similar image of All Nite Die-In when thinking of this zone.  But with vampires from Grease)

Mine as well do the list...

1. Dead Man's Wharf - I'm down for some reanimated fishermen to land in the SF area. I just hope there is lots of fog and hopefully it's not too crowded.

2. Banshee's Lair - mostly because it's potential location... Almost all of the scare zones over there in that area are decent.

2.5... Roaming hordes - They always add to the fun.

3. Vamp - I'm hoping it's an actual parade with floats spread out and under siege. The 50's music playing will add to the effect.

4. and 5. are interchangeable depending on which is over in NY and which is by the entrance. I haven't really enjoyed anything by the entrance since Esqueleto Muerte (HHN 20) due to the amount of foot traffic.

1. Wharf - If it is as atmospheric as I hope it'll be wonderful. I don't want "scares" here but ambiance.

2. Vamp 1955 - I love "horror comedy" type of zones and this sounds energetic and unique.

3. Banshee's Lair - Definitely going to be another repeat type of zone but I'm a sucker for the area.

4. Survive or Die - Sounds suspiciously like "Acid Assault" and "Saws 'n Steam", which I enjoyed the latter, but too repeated here for me.

5. A Chance in Hell - blegh

• Like 1

1. Vamp 1955 (I just think it's going to be awesome visually)

2. Dead Man's Wharf (interested in seeing how they incorporate the ship)

3.Banshees Lair (it's always a beautiful scarezone location so no really worries here)

4. Chance in Hell (could be awesome or it could suck)

5. Survive or Die (I hate the concept and I hate the name. I got no hope for this one)

9 minutes ago, Gambit said:

1. Vamp 1955 (I just think it's going to be awesome visually)

2. Dead Man's Wharf (interested in seeing how they incorporate the ship)

3.Banshees Lair (it's always a beautiful scarezone location so no really worries here)

4. Chance in Hell (could be awesome or it could suck)

5. Survive or Die (I hate the concept and I hate the name. I got no hope for this one)

This is so close to my list! LOL

1. Dead Man's Wharf (This could be awesome and I love Sea/Fisherman/Ocean based haunted attractions)

2. Vamp 1955 (just sounds like a fun fun scarezone)

3. Banshees Lair (I like anything that has to do with dark forest and creatures. Ala Grown Evil and evil Roots)

4. Chance in Hell (I don't know about this one but it could be very cool! especially from the concept art they released)

5. Survive or Die (Boring.)

Back from a long hiatus!   Hello again, all.

Dead Man's Wharf sounds interesting, if only because I recently beat the Fallout 4 DLC themed around a harbor in maine.  So that's fresh in my mind.

Chance in Hell and Banshee's Lair are tied for second, with the other two resting at the bottom of the barrel anticipation-wise.

1. Dead Man's Wharf - Annabel Lee! I loved the San Fran location last year and I feel the wharf will definitely be another great zone.

2. Banshee - Love Central Park and think this will be another great zone.

3. Vamp 1955 

4. Survive or Die

5. Chance in Hell

1. Vamp 1955 - Greaser vampires and great 50s tunes!

2. Lair of the Banshees - I always enjoy the scarezones in this location. 

3. Dead Man's Warf - Bring on the fog! 

4. A Chance in Hell - The concept art looks beautiful, but I'm a little weary of the location. 

5. Survive or Die - Meh, hate the name. Concept is just ok.

Another wierd one from me.

1. Survive or Die(I happen to love the concept of three factions, and it has a great name)

2. Dead Man's Wharf (Aka The Fog)

3. Vamp 1955(it will be fun)

4. Lair of the Banshee(getting tired of the woods)

5. A chance in Hell.( Could be great, could suck. either way it's title gives me a great opportunity for my Vincent Kennedy McMahon impression)

1 Dead Man's Wharf: I feel like this is going to be a creepy, ominous scare zone. Bring some fog, or a lot, will be SZ of the year.

2 Vamp 1955: Comedy Zone, lots of interaction, not particularly scary

3 A Chance in Hell: What I call a play zone, a chance for photo op and fun interaction, some scares but more there for the interaction.

4 Survive or Die: Interesting concept, the description reminds me so much of Fallout 3 that I'm sure to enjoy

5 Lair of the Banshee: Could be cool, I see it as a rehash of Evils Roots but with ladies instead of bush people.