Lair of the Banshees

King_K.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this zone a bit the past few days. One of the big things a banshee is known for is it's scream/wail. I just hope that they don't have too many female scare actors just screaming at people as they pass through. I've been to places that have done that and it's way more annoying than it is scary. I can tolerate an occasional scream now and then, but hopefully it's not too excessive. Overall, I'd prefer a weeping type banshee myself. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

When are they going to drift away from the mythical, foresty creature look in this scarezone? Go back to The Skool or something different like making it look like the whole thing is on fire?

Change it up!

If you're referring to the skoolhouse, that was technically in Mel's dine in. 

With the use of that space for the stage for show 2 I doubt we will see Mel's used a la the skoolhouse or horrorwood die in

forest / nature / mythical works for that area and really besides a house setting, it's the only area I that it does work for scarezone wise. And for the most part it works for scares... So I don't really see them changing that any time soon. 

I am glad to see them start to integrate more props than just trees and while it is still similar the new costumes / concepts are refreshing 

11 minutes ago, Luna1428 said:

If you're referring to the skoolhouse, that was technically in Mel's dine in. 

With the use of that space for the stage for show 2 I doubt we will see Mel's used a la the skoolhouse or horrorwood die in

forest / nature / mythical works for that area and really besides a house setting, it's the only area I that it does work for scarezone wise. And for the most part it works for scares... So I don't really see them changing that any time soon. 

I am glad to see them start to integrate more props than just trees and while it is still similar the new costumes / concepts are refreshing 

These guys in creative are brilliant, so I'm pretty sure they can conjure up something that's different. I agree about the new production design elements, it just feels like the same zone each year.

This area always has a similar feel (and I much prefer the traditional Halloween stuff here, but that's just me) but I love the sets this year. This zone doesnt usually get as intricate set pieces as some of the others, and they went all out. the atmosphere is great when the sun goes down and the lighting and fog really kick in. 

Pretty decent for an opening weekend scarezone. The music is much more subdued than prior years here, which lets the scares make up most of the noise. They do have some neat set pieces, but it's still not incredibly different from past forest-themed zones.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Lair of the Banshees