Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch

King_K.

5 minutes ago, DarthSpielberg said:

I get the feeling this is going to be given poor marks for not being all that scary (Although the funniest and most embarassing scare I got on preview night came towards the exit of the house) but I just love this house. The sets are the best I've ever seen, and the effects are super great. I just want this to evolve into a scary house too. I hope it does. 

The effects were GREAT and that makes it better than other houses I haven't liked in past years. I desire exactly as you do, to see this evolve to something scary.

• Like 2

This was my favorite of the evening. The sets and effects are top notch, and the actors are clearly having the time of their lives. 

Fun fact from an Unmasking the Horror tour guide: almost every ghost is positioned next to their own mummified corpse.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great run through it last night.  It's getting better.  I was trying to follow Cody's knowledge on seeing the ghosts and then their corpse right after.  Definitely made it more interesting and cohesive.  Probably opened me up to more scares, too, as I was busy looking for the corpses and that made it easy for other ghosts to catch me when I turned around.

The facade of the original is clear in my memory and trumps this one greatly.

After that I only remember vague things about the original.

You walk through a saloon's second story vestibule where whores open doors on either side of you to shout at the other painted ladies, I remember the hanging animatronic and that's really about it. However, I do remember leaving with a feeling of it being one of the better houses of the event. A feeling I did not get from its 2016 counterpart. 

• 3 weeks later...

One very small thing I really like about this house is that near the beginning, one of the cowboy ghosts is actually a girl, that was pretty cool. 
I like that they added one girl in that role, I think only one cast has it but it was unexpected. I like when she shoots around. it was pretty cool. 

On 10/28/2016 at 0:33 PM, clash said:

One very small thing I really like about this house is that near the beginning, one of the cowboy ghosts is actually a girl, that was pretty cool. 
I like that they added one girl in that role, I think only one cast has it but it was unexpected. I like when she shoots around. it was pretty cool. 

Are you referring to  the school teacher who says, "I said back off!"? If so, I love that scareactor!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OrangeRyan said:

Are you referring to  the school teacher who says, "I said back off!"? If so, I love that scareactor!

No lol, not the teacher 

it is in that scene, but to the right side of the teacher yelling Back off.  it is in the right boo hole where usually  a cowboy in a leather trenchcoat  and hat comes out shooting at you ( the cowboy starts shooting and then the lady with the shotgun yells "Back Off") 

That's usually a guy in the trenchcoat but I've noticed a girl with long hair and the cowboy hat. they change from cast to cast (or maybe the cowgirl is just fire crew or something) 

I really like seeing the cowgirl shooting at you. but yeah it is not the teacher lol 

• Mark M. changed the title to Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch