Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch

King_K.

" When lightning strikes, the curse of Lightning Gulch comes to life and this ghostly town appears. These doomed souls—who once went searching for gold—found death and destruction. And now they seek others to join them. As thunder cracks, flashes of lightning will lead your way through this treacherous wild west nightmare. Good luck!"

37rtdZh.jpg

SKDkerx.jpg

1IG2adI.jpg

DdjqbNJ.jpg

f5x9ynA.jpg

1EfWMRa.jpg

ZYMg6LS.jpg

n2XUg8e.jpg

This is such a great idea of a house to bring back! It's been a good amount of time, and lots of people who have recently gotten into the event's history and lore (cough cough me) get to experience something legendary with new technologies and scares! Since every original house has such a different flavor so to speak, it's hard to pick a favorite, but this one is definitely up there for me.

• Like 1

Excited to experience an original property that goes way back in Orlando's history! For any of you that experienced the original maze, what aspects of the maze are you looking forward to seeing get re-done? 

My only concern is the look of the scareactors. Unless there are some really cool masks or prosthetics, I'm worried the actors will just have airbrushed faces that may look a little too cheesy. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Excited to experience an original property that goes way back in Orlando's history! For any of you that experienced the original maze, what aspects of the maze are you looking forward to seeing get re-done? 

The "calm, uneasy" feeling of approaching the buildings at first. If I recall it felt welcoming, almost "warm", but like an approaching storm you knew you were about to be in trouble.

• Like 1

Notice that the glowing skeleton in the picture is holding 2 pistols. I wonder if they actually took the guns out of the house. I know that I'll be on the lookout when I go through to see if they skimped or not. Ghost Town skeletons are required to have pistols in my book.

5 hours ago, Arsik_22 said:

My only concern is the look of the scareactors. Unless there are some really cool masks or prosthetics, I'm worried the actors will just have airbrushed faces that may look a little too cheesy. 

2 things for me.

1. The cool glow in the dark cowboy sitting at the table drinking his whisky. He looked really cool! Please bring him back!

2. The creepy girls that were against the wall doing their weird possessed dance. I've never seen anything like that and haven't seen anything like it since. It just looked cool.

I am so pumped for this house. The original is my favorite house of all time.

• Like 2

I don't really remember a lot about the maze other than Western theme and the makeup/lighting effects. The ending was really chaotic and cool so hopefully they bring back a similar feeling. The facade at the time was probably one of the best, but it has since been surpassed in terms of impressiveness. So hopefully they do something to update it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 2:23 PM, ThNdIzNiR said:

Notice that the glowing skeleton in the picture is holding 2 pistols. I wonder if they actually took the guns out of the house. I know that I'll be on the lookout when I go through to see if they skimped or not. Ghost Town skeletons are required to have pistols in my book.

I remember there being little to no gunplay in the original.  Disappointing to say the least but it was a good house nonetheless.

Like many here I mostly remember the facade; you made your way around a large corral before entering the "town" proper. 

With the emphasis on "lightning guiding your path" are we getting a mix between Ghost Town (2004) and Dead Exposure?
Would be pretty cool to be in pitch blackness when you're on the main drag of town (with only the flashes of lightning lighting your way) and have the slightest of practical lighting (candles) when indoors. 

Edited by YourPallbearer
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

First Impressions, sorry to say, I didn't like it. 

People bitched about how "THIS HOUSE NEEDS GUNS" and I disagree entirely especially after going through the house. Gun scare after gun scare after gun scare. EVERYONE had a gun and I just got bored. I GET IT, it's the Wild West, but man I was just tired by Room 3. Right now, that main town scene is going down as one of the biggest missed opportunities in history. 

Maybe I had a bad run but I felt like I saw nearly everything. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I get the feeling this is going to be given poor marks for not being all that scary (Although the funniest and most embarassing scare I got on preview night came towards the exit of the house) but I just love this house. The sets are the best I've ever seen, and the effects are super great. I just want this to evolve into a scary house too. I hope it does. 

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch