Tomb of the Ancients

King_K.

2 hours ago, Arsik_22 said:

Lol oh geez that bad ? I guess I'll find out on Thursday! Finally some time out of LA. =D

I dont think you can walk more than a couple of steps without those roots hitting your head, the other problem is that the people in front of you will hold on to it and then let go (as they are passing by it) and when they let go it hits you with more strength. half my attention was spent trying to catch the swing from when people in front let go of it. I think I only remember half the house because i was so busy trying to not get hit in the eyes by the swinging roots. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what it is exactly with this house but it just doesn't do it for me.  And that's driving me crazy.  I've read so many positive reviews on it.  A lot of people saying it's one of the best originals ever.  I've been through 4 times now.  I don't have negative vibes, at all.  I'll keep going through it.  But I've always loved originals over IPs and, hanging debris aside, I feel like I should love this house.  Definitely like the croc scare.  And I liked the loose floor boards opening night.  That was a surprise in a half.  But I knew then and there that it was trouble.  Sometimes you have to scratch your head on how they (HHN) would think there wouldn't be a huge risk of injuries to have this originally in there.

18 minutes ago, Pandry said:

I don't know what it is exactly with this house but it just doesn't do it for me.  And that's driving me crazy.  I've read so many positive reviews on it.  A lot of people saying it's one of the best originals ever.  I've been through 4 times now.  I don't have negative vibes, at all.  I'll keep going through it.  But I've always loved originals over IPs and, hanging debris aside, I feel like I should love this house.  Definitely like the croc scare.  And I liked the loose floor boards opening night.  That was a surprise in a half.  But I knew then and there that it was trouble.  Sometimes you have to scratch your head on how they (HHN) would think there wouldn't be a huge risk of injuries to have this originally in there.

I kind of agree. It is a good house, but I don't quite see it as an "all-timer" like most seem to.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Pandry said:

Finally, someone knows my pains about Ghost (As in the scares aren't there) Town.

Thank you both for not making me feel like a total HHN leper!

2 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Finally, someone knows my pains about Ghost (As in the scares aren't there) Town.

I agree with all on the beautiful sets, they are. But I've yet to experience the scares. Not sure if it was posted on here somewhere, but I read that when you see a ghost, a scene follows on how they were killed?  Sounds cool.  I'm horrible with picking up storylines. I need to check this out further.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, faceleg said:

Really liked this house. Got some good scares. Found the GAT on my second try, but I was told approx. where it was so it was more of trying to find the right vine, lol. Loved all the mythical characters. 

When I tried for the GAT, I kept thinking I was going to accidentally pull down the non-GAT ropes.  Is it supposed to activate an air burst?

On 9/30/2016 at 9:34 AM, Pandry said:

When I tried for the GAT, I kept thinking I was going to accidentally pull down the non-GAT ropes.  Is it supposed to activate an air burst?

Yes.  I think there were a few bursts. I pulled on a few, just not hard. The gat one didn't need to be pulled too hard either. 

Edited by faceleg

On 8/16/2016 at 11:21 PM, faceleg said:

On 8/16/2016 at 11:21 PM, faceleg said:

Ah. I barely remember AvP lol. 

The crawl tunnel was the only thing worth remembering.

There is a house in Atlanta called Netherworld. I've been twice, if you think Tomb is claustrophobic you should try the aforementioned Atlanta haunt. At least three rooms where you have to literally squeeze yourself through to get out of. Meanwhile skeleton arms are brushing by your feet. Amazing. 

---------- back to Tombs -------

Anybody know why they blocked the left pathway with vines? Was it obstructing the scareactor from opening his double doors? The path was obstructed October 2nd.

Edited by YourPallbearer
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2016 at 2:32 PM, YourPallbearer said:

The crawl tunnel was the only thing worth remembering.

There is a house in Atlanta called Netherworld. I've been twice, if you think Tomb is claustrophobic you should try the aforementioned Atlanta haunt. At least three rooms where you have to literally squeeze yourself through to get out of. Meanwhile skeleton arms are brushing by your feet. Amazing. 

---------- back to Tombs -------

Anybody know why they blocked the left pathway with vines? Was it obstructing the scareactor from opening his double doors? The path was obstructed October 2nd.

i think because no one was using a side of the path, most people would choose one side and the conga line would follow that side. 

Let'a play a game. It's called, "Let's put the scenes in order!"

here are some things from the maze. Can You put the scenes in the right order? 

"SPOILER"

"Tomb of the Ancients"

Floor Drop Hallway
Scareactor-go-Round
Woman high up
Hallway of Statues
Heart Ripping slab
Hallway of Mummies
Birdman Room with Lit-walls
Tall Catmen
Caped Monsters Scenes
Alligator Scare