Tomb of the Ancients

King_K.

Am I the only one interested in the fact it will have a claustrophobic feel? Thats a really interesting! I'm hoping that (even though it will probably disrupt the flow) we can have a crawling area or a pit. Whatever it is, I'm excited.

Edited by SeaBass
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, SeaBass said:

Am I the only one interested in the fact it will have a claustrophobic feel? Thats a really interesting! I'm hoping that (even though it will probably disrupt the flow) we can have a crawling area or a pit. Whatever it is, I'm excited.

They could bring back that thing you have to stoop to walk through (the last I remember it was TWD in 21 I think?). The one thing that could be a problem with a crawling area or similar is the fact it will have to be ADA, which they could of course have a separate pathway similar to The Forsaken in the tilted ship scene, but still I don't know how much room they have to do something like that and keep the claustrophobic feel. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, faceleg said:

They could bring back that thing you have to stoop to walk through (the last I remember it was TWD in 21 I think?). The one thing that could be a problem with a crawling area or similar is the fact it will have to be ADA, which they could of course have a separate pathway similar to The Forsaken in the tilted ship scene, but still I don't know how much room they have to do something like that and keep the claustrophobic feel. 

I'm fairly certain we might see the crawl tunnel, the last time we saw it was in Alien vs. Predator but it would fit in this house and yeah they just have a separate hallway for wheel chair access and it doesn't take up that much more room at all. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bmoz628 said:

I'm fairly certain we might see the crawl tunnel, the last time we saw it was in Alien vs. Predator but it would fit in this house and yeah they just have a separate hallway for wheel chair access and it doesn't take up that much more room at all. 

Well then that's perfect! But I was just wondering. What would be the scares? Ghosts of tribe members, mummies, that sort of thing maybe.

On 8/16/2016 at 7:11 PM, faceleg said:

I'm hoping that they bring back the extremely tight air bladder effects that you have to force yourself out of. Some people call it the birth canal. LOL. It certainly would give the claustrophobic feel that has been teased. Check it out! 

https://www.scareproducts.com/cms.Catalog.aspx?catalog=*

On 8/10/2016 at 8:00 AM, Oysterhead00 said:

Never forget that "A butcher shop" and "World War II Nurses" turned out to be 2 of everybody's favorite houses ever.

Sorry, not trying to be a know it all but Nightingales was based in WW1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F.U.B.A.R. said:

I'm hoping that they bring back the extremely tight air bladder effects that you have to force yourself out of. Some people call it the birth canal. LOL. It certainly would give the claustrophobic feel that has been teased. Check it out! 

https://www.scareproducts.com/cms.Catalog.aspx?catalog=*

I've been through those squeeze tunnels quite a few times at different places. It's amazing to me the range of how tight (how much air) they can be. At least once or twice it was actually kinda hard even for me to push through. The only real problem with those is when someone gets a panic attack in the middle and wants to go back but can't since there are people blocking the way. Has Universal ever used that type of tunnel over the past several years? With the number of people constantly going through the houses, I think it might be tough to use it.

I'd much rather go through a tunnel like that instead of doing the crawl tunnel. After walking all night (and usually day) my back is already about to sever and it's usually extra painful to do any crawling or ducking. 

Edit: After looking at the scare products catalog I noticed another big difference that I didn't mention besides the tightness... the length. I've been through some short ones and long ones. I don't think I've been through the 32 footer though... that seems pretty long!

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

On 8/18/2016 at 11:30 AM, ThNdIzNiR said:

Has Universal ever used that type of tunnel over the past several years? With the number of people constantly going through the houses, I think it might be tough to use it.

Yeah they have used something kind of like this a couple times I believe. I think they used it in a house last year, but I can't remember what house it was exactly because I also remember after the first couple weeks it was deflated and it was just like walking down a hallway. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Psycho_Bates said:

Wonder if this would fit in the Revenge of the Mummy queue?

Don't they have to use that as an attraction during the event? Smart idea, but keep in mind Egyptian isn't the only ancient culture we will see in the house.

On 8/20/2016 at 6:18 PM, biomegaceu said:

Yeah they have used something kind of like this a couple times I believe. I think they used it in a house last year, but I can't remember what house it was exactly because I also remember after the first couple weeks it was deflated and it was just like walking down a hallway. 

Pretty sure it was in Insidious

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is definitely top of the heap right now in terms of scares. The dark and claustrophobic sets make it very easy for the actors and it's essentially devoid of anything humorous. Because of the small rooms, there's very few big effects or huge and creative costumes so the actors need to carry the house.

Also, there's a hallway with puffs of air simulating poison darts flying past. After you round the corner, you'll see a bunch of ropes hanging from the ceiling. The first one on the right with a big knot in it? Give it a tug.

• Like 3

First trip through this house was during the day and I could not see much of anything because my eyes couldn't adjust quickly enough. Second trip at night was MUCH better, able to take in the details and I am looking forward to revisiting this one a lot. Only complaint would be there was way too much hanging stuff in this house, got a bit annoying.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neko said:

First trip through this house was during the day and I could not see much of anything because my eyes couldn't adjust quickly enough. Second trip at night was MUCH better, able to take in the details and I am looking forward to revisiting this one a lot. Only complaint would be there was way too much hanging stuff in this house, got a bit annoying.

That hanging stuff is becoming a problem for a lot of people it seems. I have also noticed complaining about it on fb.

3 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

why did hanging stuff first become a thing? It seems like it is a relatively useless thing that to me only makes sense in situations like the closet scene from Halloween.

Makes for a good distraction. They're just trying to capitalize on the fact people are focused on moving random crap out of their face. Lol 

59 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Makes for a good distraction. They're just trying to capitalize on the fact people are focused on moving random crap out of their face. Lol 

they totally over did it lol. I cant be scared by an actor when things are poking my face. 

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Tomb of the Ancients