Tomb of the Ancients

King_K.

" An ancient evil has surfaced and immortal beings from the past have returned to rule mankind. It was only a matter of time until “The Ancient Ones” were unearthed. Now these makers of chaos are loose from the pits of hell—and the whole world will pay."

cZisI7f.jpg

Dwa20Nn.jpg

19pXlLz.jpg

O3zTrwF.jpg

n2XUg8e.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

That would suck.

And why did I expect this from you?  smh  Dude, you seriously need to chill.  it's usually an original that ends up being one of the best.  The fact that they keep teasing this one indicates to me that they are excited about it.  If they are excited, it means we should be excited.  We know nothing official about this house other than its name, so how about we wait for more info before determining the relative suck factor?

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

And why did I expect this from you?  smh  Dude, you seriously need to chill.  it's usually an original that ends up being one of the best.  The fact that they keep teasing this one indicates to me that they are excited about it.  If they are excited, it means we should be excited.  We know nothing official about this house other than its name, so how about we wait for more info before determining the relative suck factor?

Because I know Egyptian themes bore me.

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Speaking of more info......does ANYONE have any guesses as to when we'll get more (if not the remainder) of the info for this year? (including the full site)

2 hours ago, RustySomebody said:

Speaking of more info......does ANYONE have any guesses as to when we'll get more (if not the remainder) of the info for this year? (including the full site)

Soon haha who's to say that theme will focus on Egyptian ancients. There's plenty of ancient cultures.

18 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Because I know Egyptian themes bore me.

Do hospital themes thrill you?  No, then you'll probably hate Halloween II.

Are little girls in peril your thing?  No, then you'll probably hate Exorcist.

Do you like Christmas movies?  No, then you'll surely hate Krampus.

Do hillbilly incest stories bore you?  No, you love them?  Oh, OK, then you'll love Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Do you not like Lady Ga Ga's music?  Then AHS will surely make your blood boil.  (I've never watched the show, just know she's on it and it illustrates my point)

Do Zombies....wait, scratch that one...they pretty much bore everybody at this point.

To condemn a house based on a vague theme is the dumbest thing I've ever heard....well, almost as dumb as condemning an event because the Icon was female. 

Never forget that "A butcher shop" and "World War II Nurses" turned out to be 2 of everybody's favorite houses ever.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

well, almost as dumb as condemning an event because the Icon was female. 

I'm on the opposite side of the spectrum there.   Call my crazy, but Chance is hot!  And the fact that there'll be a house likely full of Chance clones...daddy likes!

• Like 4

"We’re all very much history buffs here. From South American, Asian and Egyptian cultures, we’ve created a world that mixes of a lot of different cultural mythologies. My favorite creature that guests will encounter is the Amut, which has the face of a crocodile with the mane and front paws of a lion."

Variety of creatures, claustrophobic feel with tight corridors, and the potential for some cool scenic/decor? Count me in! Probably my most anticipated original house. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Do hospital themes thrill you?  No, then you'll probably hate Halloween II.

Are little girls in peril your thing?  No, then you'll probably hate Exorcist.

Do you like Christmas movies?  No, then you'll surely hate Krampus.

Do hillbilly incest stories bore you?  No, you love them?  Oh, OK, then you'll love Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Do you not like Lady Ga Ga's music?  Then AHS will surely make your blood boil.  (I've never watched the show, just know she's on it and it illustrates my point)

Do Zombies....wait, scratch that one...they pretty much bore everybody at this point.

To condemn a house based on a vague theme is the dumbest thing I've ever heard....well, almost as dumb as condemning an event because the Icon was female. 

Never forget that "A butcher shop" and "World War II Nurses" turned out to be 2 of everybody's favorite houses ever.

This made me giggle...... LOL! Which butcher shop was everyone's favorite? I'm trying to think but the ones popping in mind, I didn't think were everyone's favorites. Sorry this is so off topic. LOL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OrangeRyan said:

This made me giggle...... LOL! Which butcher shop was everyone's favorite? I'm trying to think but the ones popping in mind, I didn't think were everyone's favorites. Sorry this is so off topic. LOL

Leave it to Cleaver.  I was dumbing down my examples since all we knew at the time about the Egypt house was it's name and "Egyptian Themed" so was making vague references to past houses.

• Like 1

As far as the originals go, this is the one I'm the most interested in checking out (now that Chance is 3d) . I have a feeling the scenic is going to be quite impressive. I'm also intrigued by what creature is lurking in these tombs. This has the potential of being a solid house.

• Like 1

If anybody finds out more mythology examples than Amut, can you please share? I'm not the smartest or the most up to date so I like to do my homework prior to going through a house inspired by events, myths, etc. For example, I researched a lot prior to Hades and I also read up on the Wendigo and theories of Roanoke prior to going into that house. I just don't want to feel like the general public and go "I don't get it."

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Tomb of the Ancients