Out of the ones announced which house are you most amped for so far?

Out of the ones announced which house are you most amped for so far?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one.

• The Exorcist
    • Halloween 2
    • Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    • Krampus
    • The Walking Dead
    • Chance's house

11 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

I know we only know one original (shoulda added Cobweb to the poll since I think a lot of people are super excited about it)...but still love how everybody complains about IPs and then IPs currently have 94% of the votes :)

To be fair, it's one original (one without full details) to the five IP's.

1. Halloween 2 (I love those movies)

2. Krampus (very anxious to see how well they pull this one off) 

3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Have yet to see a well executed version of this, so this could be pretty good)

4. Exorcist (The Exorcist was the only movie I actually fell asleep in at the theater (remastered version), so I'm not overly excited like most)

5. The Walking Dead (Not only is it back again, but it is mostly going to recap stuff we've already seen)

6. Chance (if this one is 3d, this is where it belongs on my list)

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

1. Halloween 2 (I love those movies)

2. Krampus (very anxious to see how well they pull this one off) 

3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Have yet to see a well executed version of this, so this could be pretty good)

4. Exorcist (The Exorcist was the only movie I actually fell asleep in at the theater (remastered version), so I'm not overly excited like most)

5. The Walking Dead (Not only is it back again, but it is mostly going to recap stuff we've already seen)

6. Chance (if this one is 3d, this is where it belongs on my list)

What about 3D is so unappealing to you. I have only been through a single 3D house and I enjoyed it.

30 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

What about 3D is so unappealing to you. I have only been through a single 3D house and I enjoyed it.

3D is very hit or miss IMO. For example, I liked Wonderland, but I thought Afterlife in 2013 sucked. Apparently In-Between was good, but P&T was bleh.

Also I sorta agree that the Icon House being 3D with that nature would be bleh and would probably lower it on my list.

1. Krampus! (My family has been cracking Krampus jokes long before the movie, so this maze is icing on a gingerbread house of tradition).

2. Exorcist. I'm curious to see how they pull this one off, and what I've been hearing sounds amazing (also, this one has me truly terrified).

3. Chance's House. This one has the potential to be higher but because we're so short on details I'll put it here. I love Chance and am so excited to see her get time in the spotlight. 

4.  Halloween II. I'm a  big Halloween fan, it was the first horror movie I remember enjoying outside of the classic monsters realm, and I definitely love the fire aspect that is probably going to be in this maze. 

5. Texas Chainsaw. I'm not a huge gore fan, and this falls into that category for me. I'm sure that this will be awesome, it's just not my style.

6. Walking Dead. Self explanatory. Hopefully this will end the streak with a bang though.

If what I'm hearing is correct, the houses that are yet to be announced will absolutely shake this list up. Although I don't think anything will kick Krampus out of that top spot.

I'll add all nine with a spec guess at what unannounced houses may or I hope to be.

1. Krampus - I've not even seen the movie yet but I just love the whole thing about it. Cool characters, etc. Will actually be getting the movie to watch tonight.

<wide margin>

2. TCM - Original movie version and too creepy sick to not be here. Pure horror.

3. H2 - Final scene from H1 bridging through town and into the hospital should be a wild ride.

4. Ghost Town - Sharing SS24 with TWD love the setting / period and expect a great house.

5. Exorcist - Would like this to be higher but I'm worried about the execution or how I perceive it. Hope it exceeds my expectations.

6. El Chupacabra - In T1 - just guessing what this will be. Expect a nice surprise from this original no matter what it is.

7. AHS - Haven't watched every season but if this is the mega house in SS25 it will have variety.

8. Chance - Hoping I don't need to be a psychologist to enjoy this one. Setting expectations low.

9. TWD - Wife and I like the show so we should enjoy it but it's getting tired from a house perspective.

Hard to seed some of these because I think 26 will be solid house wise. Some have to be near the bottom.

Edited by georgemoe

4 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

3 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

3D is very hit or miss IMO. For example, I liked Wonderland, but I thought Afterlife in 2013 sucked. Apparently In-Between was good, but P&T was bleh.

Also I sorta agree that the Icon House being 3D with that nature would be bleh and would probably lower it on my list.

I've lost count of how many different variations of 3d houses I've been through at various haunts and even the best ones are only "bleh". Most of them generally have the same feel and they're just not the kind of horror I can get into. Besides that, you have to put on those glasses which never seem to want to stay on while making my way through and are mostly a distraction. I've yet to go through a 3d house and say, "wow that was so amazing", although a couple of them had some decent paint jobs throughout the years. 

Has the Chance house been 100% confirmed to be 3d? I read at some point that there was a good chance it was. If it isn't 3d, it would definitely go up a couple spots on my list.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I've lost count of how many different variations of 3d houses I've been through at various haunts and even the best ones are only "bleh". Most of them generally have the same feel and they're just not the kind of horror I can get into. Besides that, you have to put on those glasses which never seem to want to stay on while making my way through and are mostly a distraction. I've yet to go through a 3d house and say, "wow that was so amazing", although a couple of them had some decent paint jobs throughout the years.

I pretty much agree. I can't even wear the glasses just make me sick and I don't enjoy it at all. The ONLY 3D house I found amazing was the In Between. there was an old on in '98? that wasn't bad... but that was in the 90's different time. But to each his own. Outside of HHN, I think, yeah black light is cool. But saying it's scary is silly to me.

I really love the idea of adding in speculations, so I'm going to somewhat steal that.

IP

1. Krampus. When it was first announced I was pretty exited but it was still second to Texas Chainsaw, I just watched it tonight.

2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I love chainsaws, crazy people scare me more then demons and ghosts, and I have yet to see a bad house in tent 2

3. Halloween 2. Missing Halloween 1 my first year is one of my biggest regrets. I am exited that I can still see Micheal Myers and hear that John Carpenter synth buzzing.

4. Exorsist. The film was creepy enough for sure, but it will be a challenge to translate for sure.

5. Unannounced last IP. I know this is not last because...

6. TWD. I've only been in one house and I'm already bored of this, plus I personally hate it for denying us the chance of having things such as 28 days later and Dawn/Shaun of the dead.

Originals.

1. Cobweb. From what little we've seen I think this house could steal the whole event.

2. Chance. I have no proof it's 3D, I like crazy asylums, and the one 3D house I have been in I enjoyed.

3. Requel. This entirely depends on what it is they are requeling. It might even move to first.

I had typed up my list with explanations why each one was ranked where it was and it didn't post. So now it will just be the list. I am not typing all of that again and no one cares to read it anyhow hahah

1. Krampus

2. Halloween 2

3. Ghost town

4. Tomb Of The Ancients

5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

6. The Exorcist

7. The Walking Dead

8. Lunatics Asylum

9. American Horror Story ( this is it's ranking if/when it is announced) 

1. American Horror Story (been waiting for years- I know its unannounced)

2. Krampus (favorite horror movie of last year)

3. The Exorcist (it's about time we got this house)

4. Tomb of the Ancients

5. Halloween 2

6. Ghost Town

7. Texas Chainsaw Masscare

8. Lunatic's Asylum

9. The Walking Dead

I've always been more partial to originals over IP's but I must say, this is a tight line-up this year!  Looking forward to everything save TWD.  I'd put Exorcist at the top, TWD in the trash, and everything else I'm equally excited for.  Though I need to watch Krampus.  I've heard good things about the movie and HHNH's Dark Christmas zones (some similarities, no?) so I have high hopes.

1.  Krampus (My most anticipated house ever)

2.  Tomb of the Ancients ("Crown Jewel" is enough for me, were it not for Krampus, would be #1 based on A&D's excitement)

3.  Exorcist (Really excited to see how they do the interpretations)

4.  Chance (Yup, I'm that guy that loves 3D houses)

5.  Halloween II (Love Michael Myers...would be really interesting if they actually did III in a couple years with no Myers)

6.  TCM (Love the movie, just having trouble getting too excited for the house)

7.  Ghost Town (Teaser video was awesome, but hasn't clicked with me yet)

8.  AHS (Never watched the show, will give it a shot if/when they announce which season(s) is/are featured)

9.  TWD (Gonna love the sets and scenery, the characters will be pretty blah, might get some good scares when I'm checking the sets for easter eggs)

10. Repository (Could move way up...but I get virtually tummy on "fake" rides like The Simpsons and Spider-Man, not sure I'm going to give this a shot or not - I might puke all over the rest of my group)