Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

Some have speculated the guitar and lighting bolt is an original concept, but Metallica still might be possible cause their newest album is coming out on April this year and they’ll be back on the road again soon. If true, then it totally makes sense as a marketing move similar to last year with The Weeknd when he released Dawn FM.

If not, then it’ll be four IP’s again with the Monsters, Chucky, The Last of Us, and Blumhouse, which will draw a lot of crowds. If there’s one thing I feel down about the newest speculation map the most, is both the Exorcist and the Hunchback have become the biggest omissions. It coulda happen for Its 50th anniversary and Its 100th anniversary respectively, but Universal’s anti-anniversary stance on the IP’s for the event kinda made it as a big missed marketing opportunity.

• Like 1

Looking back at the spec map with the guitar and lighting bolt, Mark posted a video of David Bowie’s “Space Oddity” on Discord whose imagery was iconic for his lighting bolt face paint, was also a guitarist other than a singer-songwriter, and even had multiple space projects. Almost sounds like an original concept inspired by the Ziggy Stardust album, but it‘s starting to sound like he was making a reference to the Dead Space games.

If it were to happen this year, then not only It would technically mean two video game IP’s, but also a backup to the Alien franchise.

Edited by Fear2010

Not surprised about an Invasion house being rumored. The Alien Scientist came back at 30 in the Lights, Camera & Hacktion zone, and at last year in the Hellblock House respectively. Plus we really do need more of the 50’s campiness like Bugs and Cleaver.

• Like 2

There’s been rumors floating around about some type of announcement for next week. I’m guessing that they’ll start showing the dates for us and sell the tickets like what Legacy said on Discord. As for when they will reveal the next house, I’m thinking May again with the Monsters like last year. But if they decide to do it sooner for this month, so we don’t have to wait for too long, then I’m gonna be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 2

At this rate, I’m hoping they’re working on a newer version for the Lagoon show while keeping the HHN version. They could be pulling out the damage from the hurricane or update it as some sort of opportunity. As for any new hints from Legacy. 

• Like 1

Turns out the houses that are in development might be codenamed after IP’s. As an example we could have Killer Klownz again or an original concept with clowns that is codenamed after the movie and novel It. Demon Slayer could be either be a reference to Japanese Creatures or Evil Dead Rise whose main character of the franchise is known for slaying demons. 

Not holding my breath on the MIB tent coming back as an eleventh house cause all the permits were already filled, but what I’m expecting over there is that they’re changing the queue lines and exits with the large portion of the Kidzone area now gone.

• Like 1

No house announcements, but a lot of good stuff are dropped, including the dates, the single day tickets, Universal Express, The RIP tour, The Behind-The-Screams Tour, The “See You In Fog” tagline, newer merchandise, and a new hint that says “The Legend Is Real.”

I actually think they’re referring to the next house that will be announced soon with the Monsters. Phantom is a legend in both literature and film.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Robert Johnson pioneered a sub genre of Blues called Delta Blues, and he’s also on the 27 Club list along with Rolling Stones’ Brian Johns, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, The Doors’ Jim Morrison, Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain, and most recently Amy Winehouse. Maybe we’ll get some house announcements on the 27th this month and later.

Edited by Fear2010

Most won’t agree with me on this. I wouldn’t mind the upcoming reboot trilogy getting represented at the event; just not entirely cause that would be too much of a spoiler for me as a movie watcher. It should be more an American Werewolf In London type of return but with a new ending scene or two as a preview, and keep it as an Orlando exclusive. Hollywood already had its turn.

Spec map v2 is out for Orlando now. I think I lile v1 more bit there are some interesting bits in v2’s map. I am intrigued with the original houses, Universal Monsters and The Last Of Us I do like seeing on there again, especially it being based on the game.

I am indifferent to The Exorcist and Demon Slayer though. Exorcist is an IP I don’t care too much about, I do enjoy the original movie but I wouldn’t call it one of my favourites and I don’t like anime, so I’d probably put Demon Slayer in last if I had to make a hype list. 

Some thoughts on what’s rumored so far. 

Demon Slayer: Animation in general is a very challenging medium to translate into a haunted house. But if it turns out to true whether if it works by execution or not, It’d still be massive and crowd-pleasing for newer attendees (See the Weeknd). 

The Last of Us: I’m guessing they’re having trouble getting the rights of the TV series, and going with the games instead as a back up. I think that’d be more incredible and (no pun intended) infected. 

Universal Monsters In Paris: I’m hoping it’s only the Phantom of The Opera and the Hunchback of The Notre Dome as a mash up. At this rate, Dracula is the most overrepresented in recent years, and it’d be too force to bring him back.

Medieval House: This is interesting cause it sounds a lot like it coulda happened years ago but surprisingly didn’t. There’s a lot of things you could do with that.

The Devil Emoji: This one is rumored to be a music themed house inspired by Blues legend Robert Johnson who is on the 27 Club list and the urban legend story about him selling his soul to the devil.

The Exorcist: See my previous post.

Circus tent with smoke: Clowns spreading out with laughing gas?

The town with a church: I’m hoping for a proper witch house unlike last year.

Top Secret: I’m hoping for something that is genuinely exciting and interesting rather another Blumhouse compilation.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1