Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

2 hours ago, Joelimitsu said:

How has The Addams Family not been at Horror Nights?!?! I know we can't go with the new Wednesday show because it's a Netflix show, but it's still insane that there hasn't been a single Addams Family house at Horror Nights

Netflix isn't really in the picture when trying to negotiate rights for Wednesday. MGM owns the Addams Family and the new Wednesday series. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect any Netflix IPs for a while. Netflix wants the most money it can get when distributing its IPs to outside companies. Netflix is very hard to work with when it comes to merch because they want a majority of the profit. 

Stranger Things has been getting its own experiences since 2020. They're getting better and more popular every year. Netflix literally doesn't need HHN when they can create their own experiences and make more money in the process. Stranger Things is probably off the table until it simmers down in popularity after the release of Season 5.

Fear Street was one of the IPs Universal went after for 2022, but the reason it was dropped is kind of unknown. My guess is that the popularity of the series had dropped so much that Universal didn't see the point in bringing it to the event. So Fear Street is probably off the table unless Netflix releases a new film or even a new trilogy.

Wednesday is probably one of the only obtainable Netflix IPs that is gaining in popularity by the day. Yes, it is technically a Netflix IP, but I'm pretty sure Universal would have to negotiate the rights with MGM as they own the Addams Family and are a distributor of the Wednesday series. But I would imagine Netflix would try to step in and cause Universal to drop the IP.

Edited by HHNGuy27
  • Like 1

Actually, the rights of the Addams Family is owned by the Tee and Charles Addams Foundation. MGM and Netflix currently have the film rights, but Universal could acquire the theme park rights for the IP. If it were to happen, then all the characters from the franchise should be represented equally than just Wednesday.

https://trademarks.justia.com/778/97/the-addams-77897115.html

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HHNGuy27 said:

This years were pretty tough for the most part. Weeknd and Bugs were the easy ones.

Yeah, during the early prediction phase of 31, some of things I was predicting before I was right were the traditional aspects of Halloween along with returns of the Pumpkin Lord and Michael Myers, and also another showdown house for some of the Monsters. I think this year’s early speculation for 32 had brought us more to talk about possible IP’s and even some names in music, since things have gotten less worse and more manageable with the pandemic despite Its continuation cause there were some things fans don’t normally say and think after the event. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

Yeah, during the early prediction phase of 31, some of things I was predicting before I was right were the traditional aspects of Halloween along with returns of the Pumpkin Lord and Michael Myers, and also another showdown house for some of the Monsters. I think this year’s early speculation for 32 had brought us more to talk about possible IP’s and even some names in music, since things have gotten less worse and more manageable with the pandemic despite Its continuation cause there were some things fans don’t normally say and think after the event. 

Great minds think alike lmao. The overall Halloween theme, Michael Myers returning, Universal Monsters, and Pumpkin Lord somehow being involved were some of my earliest predictions

Universal has already lost a white whale IP for 2023, unfortunately. There's another IP that might have been dropped in Hollywood but not in Orlando. Everything's a little muddy right now, so it's hard to tell what's truly going on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HHNGuy27 said:

Universal has already lost a white whale IP for 2023, unfortunately. There's another IP that might have been dropped in Hollywood but not in Orlando. Everything's a little muddy right now, so it's hard to tell what's truly going on.

Legacy mentioned this on Twitter, It sounds a lot like he was referring to Scream, and I’m sadly not surprised about it at all. It’s a Holy Grail we need, but it still remains untouchable. It’s also seems like he is not expecting a Netflix house next year too like we’ve had discussed before. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Fear2010 said:

Legacy mentioned this on Twitter, It sounds a lot like he was referring to Scream, and I’m sadly not surprised about it at all. It’s a Holy Grail we need, but it still remains untouchable. It’s also seems like he is not expecting a Netflix house next year too like we’ve had discussed before. 

It was either Scream or The Conjuring. Haven't gotten clarification yet, but Universal has been after both these IPs for years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sinfear said:

Whelp, another year where I should not expect Scream at the event. :( I don’t see how A Quiet Place would realistically work as a house. 

I'm leaning toward The Conjuring being lost, so I wouldn't throw Scream out just yet. But I will say, don't expect Scream to show up. It's not impossible. Just unlikely. 

• Like 1

queenmetroid have made an interesting post on the Inside Universal Forums about WB’s uncommiserating plans on cost cutting; It’s a bigger wildcard than It was before and It’s playing out differently cause they’re a stretch yet more plausible at the same time - but I think It depends which IP you’re talking about cause not all of the rights are clean. 

The house of the rabbit is building out the big guns to other entities while making a lot of money. But on the other hand, they’re pulling back a lot of things to prevent financial risks. This could impact the movies that are not on the blockbuster category, which got the company thinking they’re either having smaller returns or less interests. The Lost Boys is a stand alone IP cause It never went on as a series like other horror franchises. 

I’m not expecting the Conjuring to come cause the rights are messy. And while IT is also unlikely, It sounds a little a bit like the opposite. Unlike animation and superheroes in film, horror movies aren’t overtly expensive to make, but the type of business move they’re doing is going with the most profitable IP’s and blockbusters first, and then deal with all the rest later, so they could make newer licensing properties for the previous IP’s that are on a slumber. 

This could be the direction they’re taking right now, and we could see a deal under the current management that is never known before. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Not every IP needs a reboot, and I don’t think the Lost Boys needs one, but WB might have some creative and better methods of reintroducing their properties to the general public, so I think the relationships between them and Comcast/Universal will build up soon.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fear2010 said:

There will always be some backups like the Monsters and Chucky. You also have a lot of names in music and video game IP’s that could work as an alternative for the outside film properties.

What are some good Game and music artists that can be used? I’m not familiar with them recently.