Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

32 minutes ago, Joelimitsu said:

I will still wait for Ice Nine Kills to appear at HHN

It’s very unlikely to see a niche level band getting their own house like them. The same goes with Gwar, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, and The Misfits cause it seems like Universal wants to do houses for some Super Bowl-level names like Lady Gaga and Metallica, but I don’t think every one of them in music world doesn’t have to meet that kind of requirement for a house; just keep it on an Alice Cooper tier level at the highest and add another IP that is bigger than that as the headliner, so I wouldn’t consider Slipknot, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath/Solo Ozzy Osbourne, My Chemical Romance, and Nine Inch Nails as a financial risk.

Ghost is on their highest peak in both popularity and in mainstream, but their Satanic lyrical themes and imagery are too controversial, even though they were misconstrued like other bands who faced the same criticism. It’d be a lot similar to what they had before with the Fallen at 27, but on a larger scale. 

There have been demands for Marilyn Manson who is house material with some potential, but he is not on the table due to the allegations. Whether if they are true or not, he is way too problematic right now. 

• Like 1

This is what the Fast & Furious queue looks like after the event. Even though, Blumhouse isn’t my most favorite house of this year, but this location still has some creative potential they could pull off. Its first house mostly had smaller sets. I think the location is perfect for certain themes like in a Warehouse or an abandoned factory, which also worked for the Disaster/Earthquake queue before it was replaced by what we all love to hate. 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2022 at 5:11 PM, Fear2010 said:

This is what the Fast & Furious queue looks like after the event. Even though, Blumhouse isn’t my most favorite house of this year, but this location still has some creative potential they could pull off. Its first house mostly had smaller sets. I think the location is perfect for certain themes like in a Warehouse or an abandoned factory, which also worked for the Disaster/Earthquake queue before it was replaced by what we all love to hate. 

I'm sitting here trying to figure out where Freaky exited because it didn't exit through those double doors lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sinfear said:

I honestly think soundstage houses should be more grand scale like A Nightmare on Elm Street or Ghostbusters. Not something like House of 1000 Corpses. 

Elm Street doesn't really need a Soundstage funny enough. It's really just 1428 Elm Street that needs a large amount of space and a Sprung Tent provides enough space for it. 

Ghostbusters of course needs a pretty large space to accommodate it. Stuff like the NY Public Library, Temple of Gozer, Stay Puft, Sedgewick Hotel and the torn open apartment need a lot of space to actually re-create those sets somewhat to scale. I really want to see Ghostbusters return so it can be a mega house either in Soundstage 21 or 25.

4 hours ago, Sinfear said:

I honestly think soundstage houses should be more grand scale like A Nightmare on Elm Street or Ghostbusters. Not something like House of 1000 Corpses. 

From my experience with the soundstages, not only they were the home of the grand scale houses, but also have the most film production material for certain settings and effects that are either impossible or hard to use for other locations. Elm Street and the Exorcist were the best IP’s for the locations as an example, and while I did enjoyed TCM last year. But I would argue the 2003 remake would have been more fitting as the soundstage house than the original, and maybe better than it was at 17. Leatherface’s two storied home is big and immersive enough to be a well-detailed facade again. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fear2010 said:

From my experience with the soundstages, not only they were the home of the grand scale houses, but also have the most film production material for certain settings and effects that are either impossible or hard to use for other locations. Elm Street and the Exorcist were the best IP’s for the locations as an example, and while I did enjoyed TCM last year. But I would argue the 2003 remake would have been more fitting as the soundstage house than the original, and maybe better than it was at 17. Leatherface’s two storied home is big and immersive enough to be a well-detailed facade again. 

Body Collectors: Recollections, Dead Man's Pier and Carnival Graveyard are quite literally the best Soundstage houses I've walked through. Maybe even the best Soundstage houses ever. They were literally on a different scale and I would classify them as the "perfect HHN house". I don't think I've ever been as immersed in a haunted experience as I have with those three. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HHNGuy27 said:

I still can't believe they did lmfao. Literally came out of nowhere.

They actually have been working on some new material before the pandemic and even in quarantine. Both Robert Trujillo and Lars Ulrich said it before on two different interviews. As for the new song, It’s pretty good; the riffs are tight with a Kill ‘Em All vibe and a slight Diamond Head-inspired snare drums sounding that is on point. I’m mostly critical on the bassline. 

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday, Paramore put out a Horror inspired music video of their newest single for the upcoming This Is Why album. Maybe the Weeknd made them thought of this as an idea and they could do more. I actually didn’t see this coming until I’ve read this article on Loudwire and watched the video. 

https://loudwire.com/paramore-the-news-lyrics-video/

2 hours ago, Joelimitsu said:

I think it would be funny if Snoop Dogg got a house. Though, Snoop did appear in a horror movie named Bones

How about Eminem? He dabbled on the Horrorcore sub-genre of Rap/Hip-Hop before. A scareactor played by him jumps out of the boohole, dissing every guest as he could that walks through. 

• Haha 2

I think I really need to bring up HHNGuy27’s wildcard on this site here. I’ve been wondering if Silence of the Lambs does have a possibility of becoming a house for next year or in the future. It was supposed to be there at 30, but was replaced by the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre for some reason. Darko on Inside Universal felt the movie wouldn’t translate all that well, but they always figure things out and they even sometimes managed to do the Mashahiro Sakurai-esque impossible. 

I think they could pull it off if they create newer scenes by pulling some parts out from the novel that never made it in the movie, since It’s very common when film adaptations don’t have everything to retell in a different way for various reasons. It’s a MGM IP owned by Amazon. 

If you read the books, Hannibal Lecter is way more menacing and sadistic than how he was portrayed in the movies with a hint of a Joker-like dark sense of humor that made Anthony Hopkins’ role as his character seemed like a Teddy Bear by comparison.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Silence of the Lambs was planned for 30 in 2020 but was dropped due to the rights becoming messy. I feel like that could've been due to the rightsholder wanting very specific things that Universal refused to do. Lambs almost showed up again in 2021 to replace Eilish, but I'm assuming a similar situation happened in 2020. For 2022, it seems like they didn't even go after it at all. 2023 could be a different situation, but we just don't know yet.

I've also been notified about Hollywood getting an exclusive house, but the clarification as to if it's an IP or OG is being held as a secret.

• Like 1

Been checking if the Hannibal franchise is still trending right now, and I’ve noticed there’s a sequel to Lambs that revolves around Clarice as a TV series. It came out last year on CBS, but wasn’t well received by critics. Can’t believe I’ve overlooked it. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1