Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

2 minutes ago, HHNGuy27 said:

As far as I'm aware, Beetlejuice didn't do very well with the GP and it was probably due to all the Covid restrictions/precautions that were in place. I could see them doing Beetlejuice again, but not for a very long time. 

I just love Beetlejuice and I want to see what they could do with it if it had few new touches or if it went to Hollywood

• Like 2

I loved the Beetlejuice house, but the restrictions/precautions REALLY hindered it, unfortunately. 

I know that Hollywood lost the IP, but the reason behind it is kind of unknown. So I'm not sure if Warner Bros. is willing to work with Hollywood again with that specific IP. 

• Like 1

Some of the houses will be spec, but a couple will actually be rumored houses. Chucky will be on there of course lol. Zones will spec as well because the info on them is always muddy and takes forever to come out. 

I might just go ahead and drop a map that is pure speculation. 

• Like 1

Casper Gutman made an interesting thought on Inside Universal. 

Do you guys find it striking this year with a right-down amount and variety of slasher merchandises? Every park and/or haunt goer had a different shirt that is either brought at the Studios for HHN, custom made, elaborately made, or cleverly made. It’s possible that a lot of different outlets made a good chunk of money off of characters like Michael.

There were only a few Weeknd shirts when I was there on opening night, and nearly all of those were in stock at their shops. I do find it interesting how most fans and vets always treat newer IP’s at the event as an element of something new and intriguing while all the rest that have been there more than once are old popular demands. 

The general public would argue Halloween was the biggest spark of the year cause they didn’t offer any other IP’s that appeals to them personally other than Abel and the Monsters.

I do see a trend of one slasher house or maybe two if necessary to represent once per year like Chucky and maybe my wildcard for 32. Would the sub-genre ever get a bigger representation again like Carnival of Carnage at 17? I unfortunately don’t see it as well cause Universal doesn’t control the rights of those IP’s, some aren’t popular in today’s world, and some are horribly in a train wreck when it comes to ownership and handling the rights. *Coughs* Friday The 13th *Coughs*

The biggest common grounds between slasher icons like Micheal, Leatherface, Jason, Chucky, Ghostface, and Freddy is how big they are in pop culture both historically and symbolically. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

I believe they will go after slashers more often from now on. Halloween was RIDICULOUSLY  popular this year. Way more popular than The Weeknd and Blumhouse. 

Slasher icons are the biggest parts of the horror genre and it would be silly for Universal to not go after them more. F13, Elm Street, Hellraiser, and Scream are most likely off the table, but I believe F13 and Hellraiser may be obtainable soon. 

IPs like Silence of the Lambs, Terrifier, Leprechaun, Chucky, Halloween, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Happy Death Day are obtainable and deserve MUCH more representation at the event. 

• Like 2

Never say never. They're always bringing IPs that are niche. 

Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Freaky, Krampus, House of 1000 Corpses, Ash vs Evil Dead, and From Dusk Till Dawn are examples of niche IPs that have been at the event. There aren't niche IPs at the event every year, but they do happen. 

4 minutes ago, Joelimitsu said:

I'm saying in terms of how it can be turned into a house. There are no jump scares in Escape Room.

Ah. I've never seen that film, so I didn't know it had zero jump scares in it lol. I'm sure A&D could find a way to create scares. They did it with GB and Beetlejuice fairly well. 

3 minutes ago, Joelimitsu said:

I can't access it

Did you copy the link and try to open it in a separate window?

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation
  • Mark M. pinned this topic