Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

I keep seeing more and more people talking about Phantom of the Opera as the next Monsters house, so I hope it comes true. I think next year could be similar to 2009.

We already have Chucky. Just need Saw and the Wolfman. Saw X is coming out next year, so it's quite possible it could make an appearance. Instead of having a standalone Wolfman or Phantom house, they could have a VS-type situation, but it would feel kind of odd. Just like Fear2010 mentioned, Phantom is the Usher's favorite movie, so it's totally within the realm of possibility that he returns as the icon if Phantom is the next Monster. It could work as a pretty cool tie-in to the event. Marketing has finally figured out just how popular icons can be, so I doubt they wouldn't look into bringing an icon for next year. 

All you really need is Cleaver 2 and a sewer monster house and it's quite similar to 2009. Unfortunately, I don't see how Frankenstein or Dracula would fit into it, but you could always add one of them to the Monsters house and have a Legends Collide-type house.

Could even bring Horrors Of Blumhouse as a Silver Screams-type house. 

Edited by HHNGuy27
  • Like 1

Personally, I’d rather not have the Frankensteins, Dracula, and Wolfman back again, since we already had them in previous years and should get a break for a while. If more than one Monsters/early horror movie is needed for next year, then they should go with more films from the silent era like Nosferatu, The Hunchback of the Notre Dame, Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, The Man Who Laughs. You can easily tie into them with the Usher like bread and butter. 

• Like 1

I didn’t even think about the possibility of the Usher coming back with a Phantom of the Opera house as well. Good call. I do definitely think the next Monsters house will be one of the more underrated ones, just because Frankenstein’s Monster, Wolf Man, and Dracula need to take a seat. 

• Like 1

If next year IP’s and originals are all movies as a 19-esque year with the possible return of the Usher, then much of it could look like this.

Phantom of the Opera

The Exorcist

Chucky

Nightmare On Elm Street

Saw

Leave It To Cleaver 2

Sliver Screams 2 with scenes from the silent era horror films. 

• Like 2

It’s kinda surprising some forumers on Inside Universal aren’t on board with the Exorcist coming back as a possible IP for next year. Not saying that they’re wrong, and I know there weren’t any plans to bring back Psycho and The Thing for the 60th and the 40th anniversaries at 30 and this year respectively, but the difference with those two is they’re not trending right now. 

The Exorcist as the series is making all the headlines everywhere on the internet cause of the upcoming reboot trilogy, and it’d kinda be a missed opportunity as a marketing strategy if it doesn’t happen. If one of my predictions becomes true, then it could help promote the newer sequels and do well in the box office. Plus there is a possibility that they could break the “IP anniversaries are meaningless” streak, since they have went through a lot of flip flops as it changes overtime.

As for those who don’t want it to be too much like 26, you also have the Exorcist III and the TV series, which are the best installments after the original unlike II and the prequels. Mash them together, and you’ve got yourself an acceptable variety as a compilation house. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

It’s kinda surprising some forumers on Inside Universal aren’t on board with the Exorcist coming back as a possible IP to come back for next year. Not saying that they’re wrong, and I know they weren’t any plans to bring back Psycho and The Thing for the 60th and the 40th anniversaries at 30 and this year respectively, but the difference with those two is they’re not trending right now. 

The Exorcist as the series is making all the headlines everywhere on the internet cause of the upcoming reboot trilogy, and it’d kinda be a missed opportunity as a marketing strategy if it doesn’t happen. If one of my predictions becomes true, then it could help promote the newer sequels and do well in the box office. Plus there is a possibility that they could break the “IP anniversaries are meaningless” streak, since they have went through a lot of flip flops as it changes overtime.

As for those who don’t want it to be too much like 26, you also have the Exorcist III and the TV series, which are the best installments after the original unlike II and the prequels. Mash them together, and you’ve got yourself an acceptable variety as a compilation house. 

If I was in charge of Next year's Horror Nights, The Thing would be my Wild Card

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

It’s kinda surprising some forumers on Inside Universal aren’t on board with the Exorcist coming back as a possible IP for next year. Not saying that they’re wrong, and I know they weren’t any plans to bring back Psycho and The Thing for the 60th and the 40th anniversaries at 30 and this year respectively, but the difference with those two is they’re not trending right now. 

They're also not on board with Terrifier. The theories about Art the clown being a misogynist were shot down by David Howard Thornton (actor who plays Art) and Damien Leone (the creator of Art). 

Therefore, those theories have zero affect on whether it comes to HHN or not. 

As someone who has seen both films, Art is not a misogynist. They're low budget horror films that have very little meaning behind them. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

It’s kinda surprising some forumers on Inside Universal aren’t on board with the Exorcist coming back as a possible IP for next year. Not saying that they’re wrong, and I know there weren’t any plans to bring back Psycho and The Thing for the 60th and the 40th anniversaries at 30 and this year respectively, but the difference with those two is they’re not trending right now. 

Yeah, I don't understand why they think Exorcist has no shot. It's an IP they have access to, the legacy sequel is from Blumhouse, and the new film releases next year. It's EASY synergy. Seems stupid to not capitalize on it. 

Edited by HHNGuy27
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HHNGuy27 said:

They're also not on board with Terrifier. The theories about Art the clown being a misogynist were shot down by David Howard Thornton (actor who plays Art) and Damien Leone (the creator of Art). 

Therefore, those theories have zero affect on whether it comes to HHN or not. 

As someone who has seen both films, Art is not a misogynist. They're low budget horror films that have very little meaning behind them. 

I could understand why some may have a few concerns with that movie and the sequel if it were to happen at HHN, but let’s try not to act like that Art is the only character when there are many other horror villains (including the icons) who are labeled as sexists and even racists yet when you actually look at their point of view, they don’t care who they are cause they just wanna make victims out of somebody for whatever reasons or none at all.

• Like 2

Someone needs to tell them that those theories are literally not true, cause it's cutting out an IP from speculation that has a fair chance of coming next year. 

Steve Barton, a producer for Terrifier 2, started following Mike Aiello on Twitter. Not just that, but someone commented on one of Steve's tweets asking for a Terrifier house at HHN and tagged both HHN and Universal Orlando. Steve replied to this comment with, "Yeah, @HorrorNightsORL! Call me! :)". 

Going to search for this Tweet and upload a screenshot of it here so I don't look like a liar.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Joelimitsu said:

Aren't we forgetting that Scream 6 is coming to theatres next year? Scream can totally come back to Horror Nights

Legacy had recently implied to not expect Scream. Don’t get me wrong, I want a house based on the movie as the other dude, but It’s so tough to get access and make it happen officially. 

• Like 2

If there are plans for the Weeknd to come back next year, then It’s possible Legacy could use certain episodes from the Simpsons as clues like he done before when it comes to speculations in animation. Abel made a guest appearance on that show other than American Dad (used this year).

• Like 2

AlexanderMBush made a very interesting prediction on Inside Universal. With Chucky announced, his IP picks are The Exorcist, Scream, Dawn FM, and the Invisible Man.

He thinks next year’s overall theme revolves around death. Dawn FM emphasized what lies after death, Chucky is a pitstop of death, Pazuzu refuses to stay dead and wants to remain alive in some form, Slasher movies like Scream are about avoiding death long as possible with a rush, and The Last of Us is about the Undead. You could even use either the Caretaker or Bone as an icon who are both related to death as an angle of the theme.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

At this point, I’m looking at what could go either way. We can’t pick right now for an overall theme we want the most. If it’s an amp up take of 19, then I can take it. If it’s like what Alex is predicting, then I can take it. I’m just not buying the possibility of Scream coming to the event, so I’m pretty much going what Legacy implied.

• Like 2

I don't understand why people keep bringing up Scream. It's not gonna happen anytime soon. I'm sure Legacy already has an idea of what's coming to the event IP-wise. He usually gets a wish list around August. 

Not ALL of the IPs on the list will make it, but some of course will. Just gives him an idea of what could come.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been wondering how they could pull off an Invisible Man house in case the next Universal Monster isn’t what I’m expecting the most. 

They could do it entirely in black lights to have him to do jump scares be guys in black clothes with only one pair of clothing on that is visible like a hat or shirt (Universal/HHN merchandise would make a perfect fourth wall break for this) and holding a knife to make it seem like it’s floating in a threatening matter with some Slasher elements as an update, but you know it’s the Invisible Man.

You also got some camouflaged scares and pitch black areas with some things touching you in the dark, and course some scares with him fully clothed with the bandages. It’s sounds like a very experimental approach.

This would also require black walls for the black light scares to work, so the actors could be behind them, which would be very hard to pull off without making the scares so obvious or making the sets small. You can’t really have a house that is entirely pitch black or have anyone touch in you dark for safety reasons.

On paper, it sounds good as a camouflage house, but I don’t think it would really come off as the Invisible Man by execution cause it wouldn’t be easy to build all the sets for the scareactors to blend in with it other than making them with just walls patterned and painted or covered with black sheets and curtains.

That’s why I considered the Invisible Man to be the toughest character to do for a house, even with some interesting ideas together, you have to build the sets uniquely different to fit in some of the scares. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

I honestly have no idea how the hell we haven’t had the 1982 The Thing at the event yet. The house from 2007 was a “sequel” of sorts, so that doesn’t count, and 2011 was based on the prequel. And I’m pretty sure this year was the 40th anniversary of the John Carpenter film. 

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation
  • Mark M. pinned this topic