Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

I’m starting to have a feeling Orlando is working on a Call of Cthulhu house right now. It’ll become a public domain in a couple of years. When it comes to literature, it’s kinda surprising HP Lovecraft and his works isn’t represented at the event in some form. 

• Like 2

Saw is a possibility but I honestly hope it doesn’t come back as a house. I’m a big fan of the movies but the house in 2017 was kinda boring and had hardly any scares. If we were to get a gory house like that again, I’d take Hostel, but that’s most likely not coming to the event. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

Since Sweet 16, 23 have always been a split of two houses several times. That’s where Halloween and Hellblock were located, and last year with Bride and Texas. 

Yeah I know it's been done multiple times, but last year the way they split the Soundstage was completely different. Trying to figure out how they split it now.

If it’s ten houses again, then we’ll have to wait for the next announcement until May when Mardi Gras is over. But they should throw us some hints and clues other than Legacy for us to speculate on their social media pages and YouTube channel for just one to three times a month. 

• Like 2

At some years, they used certain themes to reference or connect the event’s annual numbers like this year with the traditional aspect of Halloween along with the returns of the Pumpkin Lord and Michael Myers. But what does 32 mean? Everybody knows 32 is the freezing point of water at a standard atmospheric pressure In degrees Fahrenheit, so that got me thinking of an original concept house with a snow theme. Yeti sequel anyone? 

• Like 2

I honestly don't think we will see an icon next year. It'll be more like 28 and 29, where there's a small theme trying to connect the event together. If Marketing were to allow it, A&D could easily come up with an original icon that is tied to the number 32. They did the same with the number 21 for Lady Luck. I'd love to see a Yeti sequel, but it felt like a one-and-done type of situation.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HHNGuy27 said:

I honestly don't think we will see an icon next year. It'll be more like 28 and 29, where there's a small theme trying to connect the event together. If Marketing were to allow it, A&D could easily come up with an original icon that is tied to the number 32. They did the same with the number 21 for Lady Luck. I'd love to see a Yeti sequel, but it felt like a one-and-done type of situation.

I think doing another Yeti house as either a sequel or a spin-off could work, it just can’t take place at Yukon in Canada, and they should go with another setting instead like let’s say the Himalayas but without the Slaughter Sinema vibes. 

• Like 2

On 11/3/2022 at 3:14 PM, Fear2010 said:

I’m starting to have a feeling Orlando is working on a Call of Cthulhu house right now. It’ll become a public domain in a couple of years. When it comes to literature, it’s kinda surprising HP Lovecraft and his works isn’t represented at the event in some form. 

Isn't Call of Cthulhu, and most of Lovecraft's work in general, public domain already?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

Isn't Call of Cthulhu, and most of Lovecraft's work in general, public domain already?

Not all of his works are in the Public Domain, since it takes 95 years for it to become one. As of now, all the releases from 1927 through now are copyrighted. Call of Cthulhu came out in 1928, so it’ll take a couple of years to be a public domain. Lovecraft is definitely one of those authors that should be represented at the event with a haunted attraction treatment other than Rudyard Kipling.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Though It’s more Hollywood related, but John Murdy was asked about Fear Street coming to the event, and he tweeted that’s he is ready when Netflix is ready. I think the ship has been sailed due asking price, so this leaves the announced Chucky TV series as an alternative, but I’ll be gladly wrong if it turns out to be the opposite.

• Like 2

Pretty sure Netflix was really upset with Hollywood after seeing how abysmal their Haunting of Hill House was. Hill House was the last straw from my understanding. Netflix was supposedly upset with Hollywood's version of Stranger Things in 2019. It's a mix of the asking price and the relationship between the companies becoming rocky. I believe Netflix is more inclined to work with Orlando, but that doesn't work out for Universal, unfortunately. With Netflix owning some of the biggest IPs ever, making them exclusive to Orlando doesn't make sense from a business standpoint. 

Edited by HHNGuy27
  • Like 2

The reason I’m leaning towards on the Phantom of the Opera as the next Monsters house cause the 1925 classic will turn a hundred in the next few years. Though it’s in the public domain, but it’s still technically a Universal property that is a big part of the brand historically.

Here’s the real kicker: Both him and Chucky were at the event in 09, and the killer doll himself will return with a new house for 32, so that got me thinking if the Usher could possibly come back as an icon again on a soft scale somewhere in the park. If you’ve read his backstory, his most favorite movie is the Phantom. Sounds too good and intriguing to be true, but it’s a good theory. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation
  • Mark M. pinned this topic