Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

When it comes to speculation in recent years, Legacy loves to use animated TV shows as clues to reference the houses. He done it with Rick & Morty at 29, and this year most recently with Seth MacFarlane’s American Dad. What show do you guys think he’ll go next? He said the next clues will be a little more challenging than before, so I’m guessing that he’s gonna do King of the Hill next. If not, then maybe Futurama.

Fans who are part of the HHN community on sites like here and the Inside Universal forums have always waited for clues from one certain person who somehow have a connection to Orlando’s and Hollywood’s creative teams for the event. Dr. Jimmy used to do this a lot regularly every year until Legacy filled in for him. 

• Like 1

This might be a weird idea, but what if The Munsters got a maze similar to how Ghostbusters was handled at Horror Nights? Not sure if we should base it off of Rob Zombie's take on The Munsters or go with the original show and leave Rob Zombie to only have House of 1000 Corpses be his only film representative.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Joelimitsu said:

This might be a weird idea, but what if The Munsters got a maze similar to how Ghostbusters was handled at Horror Nights? Not sure if we should base it off of Rob Zombie's take on The Munsters or go with the original show and leave Rob Zombie to only have House of 1000 Corpses be his only film representative.

I've been wanting a Munsters house for years! Yes, it would be very similar to Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice. I think the Rob Zombie film has more of a chance than the original TV show, as it is a Universal film. Ads for the new movie do play on the stage in front of Rockit, so it's possible that Universal is considering it for the future.

• Like 1

I’m gonna go with the Munsters TV series instead of the movie with a “Greatest Hits” experience from the best and most memorable episodes of it, and a black and white lighting effect in case Stranger Things doesn’t come back again. Though Rob Zombie directed some good movies, but he’s usually a hit and miss. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

Does anyone know the current relationship between Comcast/Universal and Netflix right now? Though it’s good that Stranger Things didn’t came back again and again yearly like the Walking Dead, but I am hoping that nothing has gotten rocky.

Supposedly, ST was never planned for this year. I'm sure it was discussed during the very early development process, but that would be as far as it would get. They loved both ST houses in Orlando but weren't fans of Hollywood's renditions. Netflix loved Orlando's Hill House, but not Hollywood's. Hollywood might be pushing Netflix away, but I honestly don't know. No idea what's going on with Netflix and Universal.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, HHNGuy27 said:

Supposedly, ST was never planned for this year. I'm sure it was discussed during the very early development process, but that would be as far as it would get. They loved both ST houses in Orlando but weren't fans of Hollywood's renditions. Netflix loved Orlando's Hill House, but not Hollywood's. Hollywood might be pushing Netflix away, but I honestly don't know. No idea what's going on with Netflix and Universal.

Sounds a lot like they wanted ST to be a coast to coast house again, but couldn’t simply because of how much Netflix doesn’t trust Hollywood in terms of handling their IP’s. If they decided to make it an Orlando exclusive, then it probably wouldn’t make sense to do it in the market cause of how massively popular it is right now, leaving Legends Collide and The Weeknd as alternatives - that’s my take on the hold up. 

• Like 2

These are the IP’s I’d bring back for next year. 

The Exorcist (The 1973 classic of course, and very likely to be on the table)

Nightmare on Elm Street (The 1984 classic, and also my biggest wildcard of the year)

The Shining (Not likely on the table unless it becomes an out of the blue rumor)

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

A fun question for those who love watching anime: If there’s one show you’d give a horror treatment to build up a house, then what is your pick and why?

I know most of y’all will say Demon Slayer, but I‘m still going with Inuyasha and revolve it around Naraku cause of his manipulative abilities, and they’re actually quite terrifying if you picture them more deeply like I did. Sure it may sound like a stray off, but the series does have some horror stems. As much it will never happen, it’s another Youkai show worth mentioning. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Somehow I just can’t picture Killer Klowns coming back to Orlando again right now cause they don’t bring back the IP’s too regularly.

Walking Dead and maybe Halloween were the only exceptions, and I could picture the Exorcist to be on the list next year, starting with the first and classic installment, then the sequel trilogy years later if they do well in the box office. 

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation
  • Mark M. pinned this topic