Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

I think they technically had done this before with Slaughterhouse from HHN3, which later became an inspiration for Leave It To Cleaver. In case they couldn’t use any IP’s to represent the Slasher sub-genre at the event, they should either bring back the original RUN of what it was supposed to be. Last year, Lights Camera Hacktion won Scarezone of The Year, so this does give Eddie a chance to be an icon. Another Slasher themed house they could bring back -weather as a redo or a sequel- is Hell’s High from HHN8 that featured a Freddy & Jason hybrid who shares the same first name as Myers named Michael Krueger.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Joelimitsu said:

I have an Idea for Orlando. A murder jungle maze. Don't know what to call it

I actually created my own house idea inspired by the Jungle Book as a Scary Tales spin-off, and it’s something they really should go next.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11VKaDeRSk25dkj5ZLq_iICYPJF5YgbeIGgbQ501ogiE/edit

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

An IP I desperately want at the event that I know most certainly won’t ever happen is a non horror property. However, I feel like it could work as a house. Amazon Prime’s The Boys. There’s so many grotesque scenes and some of the characters like Homelander are actually pretty scary but it’s not a horror property and I’m not sure how well Universal and Prime Studios would get along over sharing IPs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sinfear said:

An IP I desperately want at the event that I know most certainly won’t ever happen is a non horror property. However, I feel like it could work as a house. Amazon Prime’s The Boys. There’s so many grotesque scenes and some of the characters like Homelander are actually pretty scary but it’s not a horror property and I’m not sure how well Universal and Prime Studios would get along over sharing IPs. 

And what’s worst is Amazon currently owns the first Chucky movie which was part of the MGM buyout. I’d totally be down for a Child’s Play house with puppets and animatronics of Chucky to make me feel like I was in that movie, but that’s a long shot.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Chucky house yet. I know Chucky had a house in 2009, but it wasn't based on the films I think. Don Mancini has said multiple times that he wants to see a Chucky haunted house at HHN. Chucky has been on merch for years now, and with the food tent and the photo-op returning this year, there's no way Universal isn't looking at Chucky as a potential IP for 32.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HHNGuy27 said:

I'm surprised we haven't seen a Chucky house yet. I know Chucky had a house in 2009, but it wasn't based on the films I think. Don Mancini has said multiple times that he wants to see a Chucky haunted house at HHN. Chucky has been on merch for years now, and with the food tent and the photo-op returning this year, there's no way Universal isn't looking at Chucky as a potential IP for 32.

Don’t forget Revenge of Chucky from 28, it was so well received critically that it won Scarezone of the year. If you picture it with another IP that isn’t a Universal property, it’s basically a Toy Story themed zone gone wrong with Lotso in charge, and Chucky was sort of playing that type of role other than just being himself. 

• Like 2

It might be a little messed up, but I love when there’s horror versions of tales for children. I loved Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After at 28, and I really, really enjoyed Revenge of the Tooth Fairy from last year. I want some more twisted versions of these “family friendly” concepts at the event. Maybe a Leave It To Cleaver sequel where Meetz Meatz sets up a chocolate factory…

• Like 2

I even created my own house idea inspired of Willy Wonka, but it will never happen at this point and it’ll take years for it to enter the US Public Domain. Not sure how well Winnie The Pooh: Blood & Honey did, but I’d welcome it with open arms if we ever get a house based on that movie, and there’s already talks for a sequel. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Sinfear said:

It might be a little messed up, but I love when there’s horror versions of tales for children. I loved Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After at 28, and I really, really enjoyed Revenge of the Tooth Fairy from last year. I want some more twisted versions of these “family friendly” concepts at the event. Maybe a Leave It To Cleaver sequel where Meetz Meatz sets up a chocolate factory…

Tbh, if they ever go for a Cleaver sequel, it would probably just be a modern take on the original house. I guess you could say, a requel? Also, did Cleaver smell really bad? I remember reading years ago that the house turned people away from meat.

• Like 1

Just going off what's popular, what's releasing next year, resolved rights, and what could have been on the table recently, here is my speculated IP line-up for 32:

The Weeknd: Dawn FM

The Last of Us 

Hellraiser

The Exorcist (2023)

Stranger Things
Universal Monsters: Dracula or Phantom 

• Like 1

Hellraiser is an interesting pick by me. The rights were a mess for years and I think it was sought after by Universal in 2019 (don't quote me on that). I am pretty sure the problems that keep Universal from requiring the rights were resolved in 2020. At least, I believe so. Hulu is owned by Disney, so the new Hellraiser film is most likely off-limits.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

The Invisible Man would have to be the toughest character to revolve around for a house. 

That’s true, but I think it would be possible to do a house based around him, especially with the gorier, more modern take on the classic monsters they’ve been doing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sinfear said:

Not a Universal Classic Monster, but I’d love a Nosferatu house. 

Though Nosferatu was sort of at the event on certain years. He was an Easter Egg in House of Horror at 22, and the Hive was also inspired by him at 27. But with the classic 1922 film in the public domain, I totally wanna see and walkthrough a house that is exactly based on that movie with a black and white lighting effect to make yourself feel like you’re in the movie. A bit content upgrade won’t hurt, but not too much in order to retain the vintage vibes.

• Like 1

I honestly have no idea what the next Universal Monsters house will be about. Legends Collide is a completely separate story for UM 2019 and BoFL, so the next house could be connected to Legends Collide, UM 2019/BoFL, or just a completely new story like Legends Collide.

• Like 2

Was checking out the new Slipknot album on the charts. Though it wasn’t able to be on the top of the Billboard 200, but it did very well elsewhere here. It’s the number one album on the Top Album Sales, Top Current Album Sales, Artist 100 (two weeks straight), Top Rock & Alternative Albums, Top Rock Albums, Top Hard Rock Albums, and Tastemaker Albums. Sold almost 60,000 copies at first week. 

The End, So Far is also the number one album in Germany, Mexico, the UK, Australia, and Switzerland

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation
  • Mark M. pinned this topic