Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

4 hours ago, Joelimitsu said:

What about Candyman? That hasn't been at Horror Nights before

Not yet. The movie is a social commentary film. So that's probably why we haven't seen it. Most people don't go to a Halloween event to be reminded about stuff that is happening in the real world. I personally could care less if it ever comes to HHN cause all the Candyman movies are awful. I'd love to see Jeepers Creepers at the event, but the director's past keeps it from ever happening. 

59 minutes ago, HHNGuy27 said:

Not yet. The movie is a social commentary film. So that's probably why we haven't seen it. Most people don't go to a Halloween event to be reminded about stuff that is happening in the real world. I personally could care less if it ever comes to HHN cause all the Candyman movies are awful. I'd love to see Jeepers Creepers at the event, but the director's past keeps it from ever happening. 

I feel like the first Jeeper’s Creepers as a house would slap but yeah, it’s unfortunate that the director is a creeper himself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HHNGuy27 said:

Though Texas Chainsaw Massacre isn’t a social commentary and was never intended to be, but some people think it is based on their interpretations, and one could argue that it was the only type of IP to be at event on certain years. Guillermo del Toro cited that movie as a reason why he’s a vegetarian, which makes a lot sense why from his point of view, since meat is a very strong, throughout theme in the franchise. But it faced a different kind of controversy that was just one thing compared to Candyman. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

I mean, look at the Purge at HHN. The movies and tv show have different messages and themes throughout, however they came to the event multiple times. I thought it worked a lot as a scarezone, and when going around it was the carnage that was the focus. If Candyman came to the event, it would most likely be atmospheric while also being a slasher-type house. 

• Like 1

I'm more inclined to believe that The Weeknd will return next year. It's obviously a hit this year and Universal doesn't like to throw away big IPs that have sequels, multiple seasons, or in this case, multiple albums. The Weeknd: Dawn FM could work as a haunted house and would sell tickets like crazy. Could even have The Weeknd return in 2024 for his next album that might dive into the Afterlife. I don't know for sure if The Weeknd will be making a return, but it makes sense if he does.

• Like 2

It’s likely they could to go with him again, since Dawn FM was released months ago. Though it wasn’t the number one album on the Billboard 200, but it’s doing well in terms of sales and streaming. He could come back for the event every year or two until he feels like he is done with the horror theme. 

• Like 2

Resident Evil 7 would be a really cool house, but I don't think Universal is gonna tackle that IP for a while. The Last of Us TV series is on their radar, so maybe once Resident Evil gets an accurate movie/TV adaptation, we will see it. I feel Universal is scared to adapt the original source material of video games into haunted houses and would rather fall back on movie/TV adaptations. 

• Like 2

An Ice Nine Kills would be so sick. They’re one of my favourite bands and I think a house or scarezone based on their last two albums would be great. I want Resident Evil 7 or Resident Evil 1  at the event very badly but I think they’re staying away from video game IPs for some time. And it doesn’t help that the Netflix show was a dumpster fire. 

• Like 1

Which is a shame, honestly. I understand why The Weeknd would be selected, especially how big of an artist he is, but it sucks that we’ll most likely never see a lot of these bands get their own houses or scarezones just because they’re not big enough. 

• Like 1

Alice Cooper was also a big draw for the crowds in 22 even though his Orlando house was a huge let down cause he was more involved with Hollywood and is also buds with John Murdy (who is a die hard). He’s a Rock & Roll Hall of Famer who sold over 50 million copies worldwide, and should receive a lifetime Grammy achievement years from now. 

• Like 2

I will definitely say, an IP from recent years I would love to see come to the event is Terrifier. I know a handful of people don’t enjoy this movie but I love me a gory slasher film and Art is an unsettling villain. I feel like a Terrifer house at the event would be scary and easily the gore house of the event. They could even do Terrifier 1 and 2 as a house together… well, that’s if it ever comes to the event. Not sure if they want an ultra gory property like that at the event but at the same time, it wouldn’t make sense as Puppet Theatre was a very grotesque house. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinfear said:

I will definitely say, an IP from recent years I would love to see come to the event is Terrifier. I know a handful of people don’t enjoy this movie but I love me a gory slasher film and Art is an unsettling villain. I feel like a Terrifer house at the event would be scary and easily the gore house of the event. They could even do Terrifier 1 and 2 as a house together… well, that’s if it ever comes to the event. Not sure if they want an ultra gory property like that at the event but at the same time, it wouldn’t make sense as Puppet Theatre was a very grotesque house. 

I would love to see Terrifer as a house. Such an underrated movie and it's genuinely creepy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HHNGuy27 said:

Why do I feel like 32 will be similar to 24? No icon and no theme whatsoever. Universal could go back to the 80's theme, but I think they're somewhat done with that. A 90's theme would be amazing.

Stranger Things is still one of my early predictions, but I don’t think it would mean the 80’s theme would be all over if there is no plans of bringing it back for some reason in favor some other IP. Looking back at the Weeknd’s recent albums, the guy was influenced by new wave and synth-pop (which was big in the late 70’s and 80’s) other than R&B. He’s a fan of the Bad Brains too, and they were part of the hardcore punk movement back then along with Black Flag, Misfits, Dead Kennedys, and Minor Threat. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

I'm curious to see how the house locations differ next year. I don't expect F&F to return, but it's there if they ever want to increase the house count. SS 23A, SS 23B, SS 24A, SS 24B, MIB Tent, B-79, B-108, Sprung 1, and Sprung 2 are the obvious locations that will return. Just don't know where they will put the 10th house. Could be SS 22 again, the new 'flex space' inside the new Minion attraction, or the least likely location: F&F. The 11 houses rumor/spec is popping up again, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Like 2

Though it turns out it’ll take longer the for Fear Factor stage to be demolished in favor of the rumored Diagon Alley expansion or whatever the replacement it will be in the future, it’s actually not a stretch for them to bring back the MIB tent as an eleventh house location. If not, then they could use either for an escape room attraction or a themed bar/restaurant. I think it works either way, and would make a nice extra addition for the event. Since Supercharged is their worst attraction, I’d want them to gut everything down inside, and leave it be as a location for one house but bigger until it gets a better replacement. Tear that fucker down for good! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HHNGuy27 said:

I'm curious to see how the house locations differ next year. I don't expect F&F to return, but it's there if they ever want to increase the house count. SS 23A, SS 23B, SS 24A, SS 24B, MIB Tent, B-79, B-108, Sprung 1, and Sprung 2 are the obvious locations that will return. Just don't know where they will put the 10th house. Could be SS 22 again, the new 'flex space' inside the new Minion attraction, or the least likely location: F&F. The 11 houses rumor/spec is popping up again, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Absolutely agreed. Feels like next year would be a good possibility for 11 houses. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

Though it turns out it’ll take longer the for Fear Factor stage to be demolished in favor of the rumored Diagon Alley expansion or whatever the replacement it will be in the future, it’s actually not a stretch for them to bring back the MIB tent as an eleventh house location. If not, then they could use either for an escape room attraction or a themed bar/restaurant. I think it works either way, and would make a nice extra addition for the event. Since Supercharged is their worst attraction, I’d want them to gut everything down inside, and leave it be as a location for one house but bigger until it gets a better replacement. Tear that fucker down for good! 

I can’t tell you how much I agree on tearing down Fast & Furious: Supercharged in favor of having a bigger HHN location. The ride is abysmal and they could definitely use that space for something better. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sinfear said:

I can’t tell you how much I agree on tearing down Fast & Furious: Supercharged in favor of having a bigger HHN location. The ride is abysmal and they could definitely use that space for something better. 

The show building is bigger than Revenge of the Mummy's show building. They could easily create a Fast and Furious indoor roller coaster. Or they could replace Supercharged with something new and re-theme HRRR to Fast and Furious lmao.

• Like 2

I noticed a lot of similarities between Terror Underground (HHN V) and the rumored Underground Creatures house (Descendants of Destruction) for the longest time. I predicted that it could be like a soft reboot and it kind of was. So, this leads me to believe that this may be the start of rebooting older houses from earlier years.  I would say 2005 and older. 

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation
  • Mark M. pinned this topic