Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation

HHNGuy27

It is WAY too early to begin speculating for HHN 32, but I wanted to post a list of IPs that I think have a chance of coming. Let me know what you think!

• The Exorcist (2023 Reboot)
  • Chucky Movie Franchise/TV Series
  • What We Do In The Shadows
  • Nope - It would be difficult to translate into a haunted house, but I feel Universal could pull it off
  • Terrifier
  • The Weeknd: Dawn FM
  • The Last of Us TV Series - Would've had it this year if it hadn't been delayed to 2023
  • Thirteen Ghosts
  • Silence of the Lambs
  • They Live
  • The Thing
  • Tales From the Crypt

Controversial IPs

• Scooby-Doo
  • Casper (2023 Series)
  • Lady Gaga
  • Melanie Martinez
  • The Addams Family

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I’m kinda surprised we have HHN 32 speculation already. The IPs I expect at next year’s event are Creature From The Black Lagoon, Blumhouse’s Exorcist Reboot, The Thing, Scream, and Chucky.

I would’ve loved to have seen them do another Resident Evil game house but because the Netflix show was awful, I feel that diminishes the chances. 

If we get another music artist, I’d love to see Ice Nine Kills or Slipknot but not super sure of the likeliness of those. 

• Like 1

Not sure Mark would allow us to post a speculation thread this soon when the event is still going on right now, but I figured we’ll be getting four IP’s again like now and last year. My early IP predictions are…..

The Exorcist: What’s the best way to celebrate the classic 1973’s 50th anniversary? By bringing it back to the event that is the same as 26 with some improvements and an extra scene or two as a preview to the upcoming reboot. 

Stranger Things (Seasons 4 & 5): We should be glad it’s not back yet right now cause otherwise It would be a let down quality wise. The A&D team are probably having more time to make up the expectations of Season two in order to be good as the first one or maybe exceed it. I can totally picture it as a Megahouse. 

Slipknot: I hope The Weeknd is the catalyst of the music based houses for HHN. With The End, So Far album coming out this month, It perfectly makes sense for Slipknot to go next, going by the original lineup that fans are familiar with the most and also as a tribute to their deceased members. Though, not as big as The Weeknd and Alice Cooper, but the beloved masked metallers from Iowa sold over 35 million copies worldwide, had three number one albums on the Billboard 200, and even won a Grammy. They’re big enough to draw a lot of crowds.

Universal Monsters: We had the Frankensteins last year, and currently with Dracula, the Wolfman, and the Mummy. So, next year would be a toss up between the Creature From The Black Lagoon or Phantom Of The Opera. 

If 5 as an extra Wildcard

Nightmare On Elm Street: It seems like the Slasher icons are being represented one at a time in recent years. Last year was Leatherface, this year is Micheal Myers, and Freddy Krueger is probably next in line for 32.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 12:12 AM, Fear2010 said:

Not sure Mark would allow us to post a speculation thread this soon when the event is still going on right now, but I figured we’ll be getting four IP’s again like now and last year. My early IP predictions are…..

The Exorcist: What’s the best way to celebrate the classic 1973’s 50th anniversary? By bringing it back to the event that is the same as 26 with some improvements and an extra scene or two as a preview to the upcoming reboot. 

Stranger Things (Seasons 4 & 5): We should be glad it’s not back yet right now cause otherwise It would be a let down quality wise. The A&D team are probably having more time to make up the expectations of Season two in order to be good as the first one or maybe exceed it. I can totally picture it as a Megahouse. 

Slipknot: I hope The Weeknd is the catalyst of the music based houses for HHN. With The End, So Far album coming out this month, It perfectly makes sense for Slipknot to go next, going by the original lineup that fans are familiar with the most and also as a tribute to their deceased members. Though, not as big as The Weeknd and Alice Cooper, but the beloved masked metallers from Iowa sold over 35 million copies worldwide, had three number one albums on the Billboard 200, and even won a Grammy. They’re big enough to draw a lot of crowds.

Universal Monsters: We had the Frankensteins last year, and currently with Dracula, the Wolfman, and the Mummy. So, next year would be a toss up between the Creature From The Black Lagoon or Phantom Of The Opera. 

If 5 as an extra Wildcard

Nightmare On Elm Street: It seems like the Slasher icons are being represented one at a time in recent years. Last year was Leatherface, this year is Micheal Myers, and Freddy Krueger is probably next in line for 32.

I hope Mark opens up the actual spec thread soon, cause some info is starting to come out.......

• Like 2

11 hours ago, HHNGuy27 said:

I hope Mark opens up the actual spec thread soon, cause some info is starting to come out.......

This should be interesting; It’s making me wonder what went out so far. The reason I want the Exorcist to come back that is exactly like the one from 26 because I personally felt doing it based on the upcoming reboot would be too much of a spoiler, and it’s also too soon to tell if the sequel trilogy does well. Otherwise it’d a be ball-dropping moment for Universal, but an extra scene or two won’t hurt as a preview.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fear2010 said:

This should be interesting; It’s making me wonder what went out so far. The reason I want the Exorcist to come back that is exactly like the one from 26 because I personally felt doing it based on the upcoming reboot would be too much of a spoiler, and it’s also too soon to tell if the sequel trilogy does well. Otherwise it’d a be ball-dropping moment for Universal, but an extra scene or two won’t hurt as a preview.

Next year is the 50th anniversary of The Exorcist. I know Universal doesn't really do IPs just based on anniversaries, but with the reboot coming next year, it lines up pretty well. The only problem I have with it is that Hollywood just had the original Exorcist last year. If it's the reboot that comes, then it works out. But I wonder if it would be an Orlando exclusive if it's the original. Dang, I said "if" a lot lol.

• Like 2

What I’m thinking is the Exorcist will be an Orlando exclusive while Hollywood won’t be getting it again until the first sequel of the reboot trilogy comes out a few years later. I still remember back in 07 when the Thing wasn’t at Hollywood but it was at Orlando. That’s a very notable example of an exclusive IP. 

Though, I want Slipknot to be next in line after The Weeknd to have their own house. But if there’s one problem from happening, then it could be their recent departure from their now former label. They had a seven studio album deal with Roadrunner Records (owned by Warner Music Group), and their newest record marks as their last one under the company, so It would kinda be complex to get both WMG and Slipknot involve. If I were them, I’d pull a Metallica by starting my own label and buy the band’s catalog. That way It’d be more straightforward on the licensing deal for Universal. 

Got any thoughts on that? 

• Like 2

When It comes to music acts getting their own houses once per year, then it could look like this.

2023: Slipknot

2024: NIN’s The Downward Spiral 

2025: Either Black Sabbath or Iron Maiden

2026: MCR’s The Black Parade

2027: Michael Jackson’s Thriller

Johnny Cash should be worth mentioning, since he done a cover of a horror-themed country song called “Ghost Riders In The Sky.” It was originally done by Stan Jones.

• Like 2

Personally, I don’t want another compilation of Blumhouse movies cause not only they’re usually on the bottom tier level, they always defeat the purpose of some films to have their own houses completely - It’s a waste of potential.

But if an IP compilation is necessary, then it should be more like All-Nite Die In or Sliver Screams under either of those names where each movie gets its own scene or maybe two if needed for the anniversary milestones in the future.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Fear2010 said:

Personally, I don’t want another complication of Blumhouse movies cause not only they’re usually on the bottom tier level, they always defeat the purpose of some films to have their own houses completely - It’s a waste of potential.

But if an IP complication is necessary, then it should be more like All-Nite Die In or Sliver Screams under either of those names where each movie gets its own scene or maybe two if needed for the anniversary milestones in the future.

I agree completely with this statement. The Blumhouse compilations have been kinda lackluster(not sure about this year’s Blumhouse, haven’t gone yet). When you have a mashup like All Nite Die-In where you can have a huge amount of properties, then I like that, as you’ve got a lot of variety. Or a Slaughter Sinema-style house, despite that being an original, a lot of variety there too. I have heard some positive things about this year’s Blumhouse, however, I honestly believe they shouldn’t do anymore. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed SCarey as well even though I ranked it pretty low. Overall felt like they should’ve put that one in a soundstage or a parade building. Case Files was sort of a compilation house as well and that was in my top 5 of last year. And Universal Monsters from 29 was so so good. I feel like The Purge tainted the Horrors of Blumhouse houses because the general consensus of the first two was The Purge just didn’t work. 

• Like 1

Candyman is definitely one of those IP’s that needs be at the Universal parks for the event, but it always gets a flyover. If I have to guess why, then maybe they find it to be too problematic and/or political cause the first movie in the series addresses the social issues related to race and class. It possible they perceived guests don’t want that IP because they simply go to theme parks as a temporary departure from reality without any reminders, but I digress cause I know a good amount of people in many different colors that love the movie and praised it for the use of the themes as a message that meets their values and beliefs similarly. I actually enjoyed that movie, and I don’t care how “woke” it is cause it’s good enough to be one of the greatest horror flicks from the 90’s.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween Horror Nights 32 Speculation
  • Mark M. pinned this topic