Lunatics Playground 3D: You Won’t Stand A Chance

King_K.

I really don't see it as her being a bad icon. I see it as her being incredibly underutilized and overshadowed. We have all these major, expensive IPs now, something we didn't have with the original 4 icons. I'm sure this house had a limited budget judging by the quality of other sets. In the queue video there is an attempt at a story. I wish they went more into that and the house doesn't translate it  very well. Overall it isn't a terrible house, for the year it may be one of the weaker ones as well as if we are comparing it to icon houses. But it doesn't crack my bottom 10 or 15 of all the ones I've been through .

6 hours ago, killswitch22 said:

I really don't see it as her being a bad icon. I see it as her being incredibly underutilized and overshadowed. We have all these major, expensive IPs now, something we didn't have with the original 4 icons. I'm sure this house had a limited budget judging by the quality of other sets. In the queue video there is an attempt at a story. I wish they went more into that and the house doesn't translate it  very well. Overall it isn't a terrible house, for the year it may be one of the weaker ones as well as if we are comparing it to icon houses. But it doesn't crack my bottom 10 or 15 of all the ones I've been through .

I Disagree. Chance one lines are being blasted all over the speakers and she reminds me of Angelica from Rugrats (Which is not scary at all) it comes off as annoying. her presence is not as cool.
Then you get to the zone and it's not as cool as it could be. Chance is okay but the jokes dont really land and she can't do much in her stage. (At least the icons last year had mini shows in their stages) and the zone doesn't feel like it has enough actors. 
So even before you reach her house there are two kind of disappointing things regarding her as an icon. then you reach the house and it kind of completes the trinity of disappointment lol.

not only does the house have any sets at all (feels like it is mostly just hallways painted with colors, at least Penn and Teller had full sets, this doesn't) but there's no variety in the house at all. they should have made it look more like a real house (still being 3D) instead of just painted hallways. I understand budget was short and they had to work with what they had but i dont understand why this was so minimal when the other houses got so much more 
(I would have rather have American Horror story be a couple of rooms shorter and give Chance's house a little more detail) I dont know, I love all the other houses and maybe budget wise there was nothing they could do, but for an icon house it definitely is not good (not is a good 3D house) 

• Like 1

Can someone please get a full video of the queue line for this house and post it?  Thanks in advance.

I was super stoked when I found out Chance was going to be icon this year and I think they pulled it off nicely.  Sure, I'd have really liked a Chance show, but AoV had a terrific show.

The icon house was pretty weak - as most icon houses tend to be for some reason (Screamhouse and Psychoscareapy franchises being the exception).  It reminded me a lot of Alice last year - mixing in non-3D rooms here and there.  I definitely would have preferred a 2D Chance house though.

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, zombieman said:

Can someone please get a full video of the queue line for this house and post it?  Thanks in advance.

Here is the full queue video! 

Obviously I'm not there in person, but from seeing footage and such, I like a lot of the concepts that are in the house, but definitely would have loved a less....3-D take on it, if that makes any sense. You can have a colorful house and not use the 3-D gimmick.

Although it is interesting that zombieman brings up that quite a few of the icon houses have been less than well received. With the few notable exceptions, they really do seem to get the short end of the budget and such. I wonder why that is.

• Like 2

• Mark M. changed the title to Lunatics Playground 3D: You Won’t Stand A Chance