Lunatics Playground 3D: You Won’t Stand A Chance

King_K.

sometimes the lines end up in the same room divided by something. It's basically just a way to squeeze two (or more... there was a proposed triple run for SS 22... wrap you mind around that) houses into a smaller area by using the same scenic pieces or themes. I don't really see the need for them anymore unless they are the gimmick

On June 9, 2016 at 7:41 PM, zombieman said:

This icon and house announcement ranks in the top 5 surprises since I've been going (2004).  I wasn't expecting it and was delighted to hear it.  Chance has always been one of my favorite HHN characters, and I'm super excited about this one.  It was a perfect way to drown out the whole WD return.  

Listening to Dr. Jimmy's Chance video, he mentioned briefly a "red face" and a "green face" of Chance.  I know that could simply be referring to her eye treatments, but Jimmy sometimes throws around extra clues.  With all the 3D talk going on, it got me wondering - maybe a dual run house for her two personas - one run 3D and the other not?  

But I think that set painter's post didn't imply anything for this year.

Nevertheless, a dual run icon house would be fun to see.

I didn't mean to imply that I knew much else about this than anybody else. I don't even know the name of the house... unless that's what You Won't Stand a Chance is meant to be?

My guess is the house starts in Shadybrook most likely ( the padded cell motif on the website) even though Mike said "prison". But only for the opening and closing scenes with the rest of the house in her Theatre of the Mind. Maybe a scene in the middle in her cell again, but not too much as the fantasy is likely more visually interesting.

When I said Red and Green I was going off the color coded eye make-up but also her hair ribbons. Mad Chance in red, Happy Chance in green. Also thought about color symbolism, red for stop green for go etc.

• Like 1

As for her design, I find it fun that she's christmas colors and not a straight up harley clone. 
I'm a bit sad I wont be here for this, as I'll be on contract, but I'm sure it'll be fantastic.
I'll definitely be looking for synopses of the different houses (especially Originals).
I'm sure we'll get a bit of both chances in the Theater of the Mind. She plays both and talks with herself about trying to kill us maybe?

On June 10, 2016 at 1:58 AM, Jediwhit82 said:

I understand the concept of a duel run house, but has one actualy ever happened before?

The first 'Run!' house was a dual-run. I remember specifically because when we went through the first passage, there were two paths and a guy standing between them. We asked which way to go. He crossed his arms and pointed in both directions. It was cool because it was chain-link fence fencing and you could see the other line going along next to you through some of it.

23 hours ago, JAYXDUBS said:

The first 'Run!' house was a dual-run. I remember specifically because when we went through the first passage, there were two paths and a guy standing between them. We asked which way to go. He crossed his arms and pointed in both directions. It was cool because it was chain-link fence fencing and you could see the other line going along next to you through some of it.

i don't think that one's considered a dual run, just one house with multiple paths. There has been a few though. Frightanic in I think 97 and Museum of Horrors in 98 were 2 of them, I believe. Could be wrong

• Like 2

13 hours ago, foREVer56 said:

i don't think that one's considered a dual run, just one house with multiple paths. There has been a few though. Frightanic in I think 97 and Museum of Horrors in 98 were 2 of them, I believe. Could be wrong

Yep those two.. may have been the only two. there was the mummy/doomsday in the Disaster queue but there themes were completely different.

• 3 weeks later...

CALLED IT!!! You all doubted me & thought that her house wouldn't be 3D! Lol

On 6/9/2016 at 3:21 PM, criticalanalysis said:

Nah, they would've said 3D in the blog.

Edited by hhnfan95

So the bell sounds like it will ring a couple times in the house as you'll jump in and out of reality?  I was figuring it would be a single change half way through and involve the vomit tunnel. 

I'd still imagine it shows up in the house....and the tunnel in 3D is just awesome.

Ok... So not only will we be forced to wear 3d glasses, but now there is a possibility we might have to take them on and off throughout the house to get the full effect. On paper that might seem like a good idea, but in reality I doubt it's going to work out so well. I honestly don't understand why haunted attractions insist on making 3d houses. Are there really that many people out there that would prefer this style?

• Like 1

I'll hold out hope that they are able to do the transitions between reality and fantasy well, but really they should have stopped the 3-D gimmick with the In-Between. I mean the Afterlife one was ok, but I only got to go through it once so I can't say I remember much of it. 

2 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Ok... So not only will we be forced to wear 3d glasses, but now there is a possibility we might have to take them on and off throughout the house to get the full effect. On paper that might seem like a good idea, but in reality I doubt it's going to work out so well. I honestly don't understand why haunted attractions insist on making 3d houses. Are there really that many people out there that would prefer this style?

***Start Bitching***

Ohhhhh, the humanity!!!!!!

How dare they (potentially, we don't know the details yet) tell you to put the glasses on and off!  Like how dare they make you put glasses on for Terminator...or Shrek...Or Spider-Man...etc.  They should make them all one giant ride so we don't have to do be burdened with putting on glasses, and taking them off.  It's bad enough I have sunglasses that I have to take off when I go indoors, but to make me do it in a house is unbearable!  Nevermind that the glasses aren't some magic prescription lens that will damage your eyes if you leave them on when the black lights aren't on.  Are you seriously complaining about that?  LEAVE THEM ON THE WHOLE HOUSE.  I'm sure you're eyes will survive the 3 minutes that the glasses are on.  Or, better yet, don't go in it.

I love 3D houses.  Why?  They're unique and they're fun and I get to see, at most, one per year.  I can go see 3D movies and I have a 3D TV at home, but the house isn't that kind of 3D...it's a completely different and entertaining type.  It's a type that can do optical illusions with black light that are impossible for real people to be able to do otherwise.  It makes the most disorienting environments that can put you on edge more than any other kind of ambiance.  

I can't believe how many people are upset that they have the most successful and popular Horror TV show in history at the park every year and that somehow is ripping them off...and then people that complain that the house, they know nothing about, is somehow lessened by it being a 3D house.

Nobody is forcing you to go to the event...nor is anybody forcing you to go through this house...or put on the glasses...or take them off.

***End Bitching***

• Like 12

• Mark M. changed the title to Lunatics Playground 3D: You Won’t Stand A Chance