Lunatics Playground 3D: You Won’t Stand A Chance

King_K.

Discuss the new, untitled Chance house here! Let us know your thoughts and ideas!

xoTSTHl.png

"While Jack’s away, Chance has unleashed the horrors of her imagination. Her twisted delusions and reality are continuously blurred in a 3D playground of carnage. When the music box plays, the world shifts to her sinister theatre of the mind. But when the alarm starts ringing, Chance is thrown back into the brutal reality of her incarceration."

Predicting this is in Shrek as that was the only thing Legacy didn't seem to at least have a tentative theme for prior and he didn't appear to know about Chance, hence "The Unknown".

This should be interesting. Mike described her house and zone as mixing the two worlds into "fever dreams". So there is the potential for some cool visuals here.

10 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Predicting this is in Shrek as that was the only thing Legacy didn't seem to at least have a tentative theme for prior and he didn't appear to know about Chance, hence "The Unknown".

This should be interesting. Mike described her house and zone as mixing the two worlds into "fever dreams". So there is the potential for some cool visuals here.

Would make sense, wasn't Alice supposed to be a mixing the two worlds into "fever dreams" and it was in Shrek. Just don't make it 3D.

Seems very likely they are expanding her backstory to include ShadyBrook. Makes sense and would tie together Jack's relation to her. He meets her during the ShadyBrook take over in 2006. She's either an inmate or a doctor. Going with inmate because she is clearly insane. (and doctor is too close to Harley) he likes her brand of sadistic so he indoctrinates her into the Carnival of Carnage.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

10 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Nah, they would've said 3D in the blog.

I would hope, it seems too easy for "fever dreams" transitions to be implemented with 3D. I'd be totally fine without having a 3D house this year.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

Nah, they would've said 3D in the blog.

Not necessarily, they could be saving that element for the official house reveal...

52 minutes ago, Merlin said:

I would hope, it seems too easy for "fever dreams" transitions to be implemented with 3D. I'd be totally fine without having a 3D house this year.

It is confirmed that we will be getting one this year. I forget the source I found it on, BUT I will post it here once I find it.

7 minutes ago, hhnfan95 said:

It is confirmed that we will be getting one this year. I forget the source I found it on, BUT I will post it here once I find it.

Remember, nothing's confirmed until it's officially confirmed.

I love 3D houses, but i'm hoping this one isn't. I'm hoping for a more gritty, unnerving house.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, King_K. said:

Remember, nothing's confirmed until it's officially confirmed.

I love 3D houses, but i'm hoping this one isn't. I'm hoping for a more gritty, unnerving house.

One of the set painters confirmed it

• Like 1

This icon and house announcement ranks in the top 5 surprises since I've been going (2004).  I wasn't expecting it and was delighted to hear it.  Chance has always been one of my favorite HHN characters, and I'm super excited about this one.  It was a perfect way to drown out the whole WD return.  

Listening to Dr. Jimmy's Chance video, he mentioned briefly a "red face" and a "green face" of Chance.  I know that could simply be referring to her eye treatments, but Jimmy sometimes throws around extra clues.  With all the 3D talk going on, it got me wondering - maybe a dual run house for her two personas - one run 3D and the other not?  

But I think that set painter's post didn't imply anything for this year.

Nevertheless, a dual run icon house would be fun to see.

Edited by zombieman

9 minutes ago, zombieman said:

This icon and house announcement ranks in the top 5 surprises since I've been going (2004).  I wasn't expecting it and was delighted to hear it.  Chance has always been one of my favorite HHN characters, and I'm super excited about this one.  It was a perfect way to drown out the whole WD return.  

Listening to Dr. Jimmy's Chance video, he mentioned briefly a "red face" and a "green face" of Chance.  I know that could simply be referring to her eye treatments, but Jimmy sometimes throws around extra clues.  With all the 3D talk going on, it got me wondering - maybe a dual run house for her two personas - one run 3D and the other not?  

I admit my first thought when I heard of the duality theme for Chance was a dual run, but I feel like they would've mentioned that in the press release. But man, there's a missed opportunity. Lol

I agree with the surprise thing. This REALLY caught me off guard. I heard Usher as a possibility, but Chance?? This year has been FULL of surprises, even when I had what I thought was a solid list of houses. Love being so in the dark for once

6 hours ago, zombieman said:

I understand the concept of a duel run house, but has one actualy ever happened before?

3 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I've heard of Frightanic, but didn't know it was duel run, how did that work?

A dual-run house is two separate houses with a similar theme fed by a single queue line. Frightanic had "Fear in First Class" and a house that occurred with the crew and steerage. They also had a movie-themed house (I can't remember the name of) with classic horror as one side and modern horror on the other. Think Dragon Challenge with haunted houses instead of roller coasters.

But it's not happening.

As much as I would love a dual-run house, and I think it would fit in great with Chance's theme, it couldn't work with how HHN is today. The lines tend to be very disorganized as-is, with the employees not always knowing how to work both the express line and the regular line to make it fair for both parties. If they had to also alternate between different areas to send people into, I don't think it would turn out well. Also, unless they used the same space that was used to make the two big houses the past couple of years, the house would feel too tiny on each run. Also, the big space is being used to make two houses already, so that's out of the question. A dual-run would have too many complications to make work

Edited by duh1011

• Mark M. changed the title to Lunatics Playground 3D: You Won’t Stand A Chance