The Walking Dead

Legacy

Not too thrilled about TWD returning, but I'm going to stay open minded and go through it anyways. I just hope that this year will be the last for the TWD. 

I'm sick of TWD too, but don't have the insane amount of animosity that everybody else has.

I'm kinda excited for this house.  Trying to find enough key moments from a season to do the house justice was a little crazy (like causing them to have the hot tub zombies).  I think allowing them to do a "best of" for all 6 seasons has the potential to be pretty awesome.  Yes, I know, Zombies aren't scary.  But neither are Penn & Teller, or Clowns, or Dolls, or Marionettes, or Alice in Wonderland, or tons of the other stuff they've done over the years.  If the scaractors bring the energy, they can give you all the scares possible.

• Like 2

eh it'll be fine. Just like all the other TWD houses. I used to have this righteous indignation over TWD... But much like a terminal disease, I've come to terms with it and accept fate. Pretty much goes for the whole event really. It is a bonus house and I can skip it if need be. 

I actually imagine, if done right, they can two 1.5 memorable scenes from 6 seasons. Shouldn't be THAT hard. If fact we have what? 8 confirmed? Good, Bad, Indifferent, it is what it is.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I can't say I'm thrilled at it's return, but I'm curious... with this being a "greatest hits/scenes" house, who else thinks that it's just essentially going to be the same as the TWD attraction at USH but on a smaller scale? 

35 minutes ago, _Veritas_ said:

I can't say I'm thrilled at it's return, but I'm curious... with this being a "greatest hits/scenes" house, who else thinks that it's just essentially going to be the same as the TWD attraction at USH but on a smaller scale? 

In terms of grandness and allure I guess, smaller. But if you've seen video of TWD Attraction, it's a pretty short walkthrough, with not counting the Hospital, I believe 4-5 Scenes. So the funny thing is our maze will probably have more content.

I do wonder if they will mix some scenes together like the TWD Attraction did. (The Hospital Bodybags with the "Wolves Not Far" signage and the Bicycle Girl and Burning Cabin in the same somewhat scene.). It would allow them to get more content in, and this maze is going to be already disjointed as hell anyway so why not?

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't mind zombies. I love zombies, they're an awesome monster. But TWD zombies are so bland it's just not fun or scary. I'd much rather they made a zombie house where they have complete creative freedom to design all sorts of monstrous zombies and zombie personalities, but unfortunately that just doesn't sell like saying "HEY look at all these scenes from TWD we recreated! How cool huh?" with TWD zombies sprinkled in to pretend that the purpose of the house is horror rather than nostalgia.

This of course is not really a surprise announcement. The only TWD house that was actually pretty good, was the one in HHN 24, then last year was a complete 180 and a pretty big disappointment. But with all the houses to go through, there was more then enough to do other then that one house. This year might be okay, taking scenes from all over the seasons, and not trying to find enough from one season to make a house. I am starting to wonder that in the contract with AMC, that they are required to do a Walking Dead house every year, or they will lose the rights. Or if Comcast signed the contract, and paid a lot of money to have the rights, so they do a house every year just because. Ether way, I have accepted that now with an all year attraction in Hollywood, that TWD is not going away anytime soon.  Oh well, its not a deal breaker over one house.

Edited by Just Jeff
  • Like 2

On 7/1/2016 at 6:40 PM, Dann93 said:

Honestly, I don't mind zombies. I love zombies, they're an awesome monster. But TWD zombies are so bland it's just not fun or scary. I'd much rather they made a zombie house where they have complete creative freedom to design all sorts of monstrous zombies and zombie personalities, but unfortunately that just doesn't sell like saying "HEY look at all these scenes from TWD we recreated! How cool huh?" with TWD zombies sprinkled in to pretend that the purpose of the house is horror rather than nostalgia.

I would love LOVE a "The Return of the Living Dead" house with Tar Man and the music and all. Man would that be so awesome!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

You know what I've always thought would be the greatest, even though it will never happen?  Given the relationship with this IP and now 5 damn years in a row, it would be insane if just on, say, one or two random nights, they had Greg Nicotero and team come over and apply actual show level walker make-up and prosthetics.  Heck, even use some of the actual TV show walker actors.  Take the full day to put them together and let them go nuts one or two nights in the house.  If they ever did something like that, I could give them a pass.  Each year I just find the scareactor make-up so half assed.  Seeing an airbrushed zombie face just doesn't do it.  And then seeing it year in and year out only compounds that.  Imagine seeing the show level walkers in person??  Now THAT would be terrifying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 9:02 AM, PeoriaBJJ said:

HHN better NEVER do that to us. that show gave me herpes.

I was just thinking the other night of a great combo of jubilation and agony: HHN announces this is the last year of TWD.  Followed by an announcement of a new partnership of FTWD starting next year.

I'll be honest and say that I'm excited for this house. 1- I'm a huge fan of the show and 2- I missed my chance to see it in 2012 and haven't been back to HHN since. 

I know that most here are sick of it, but I'll be bright eyed when I get to see the 'Dead Inside' doors in person for the first time.

To be fair, UO keeps doing this because of A- $$$$ B- Contracts (see letter A) and C- people like me who may not have seen the house or thoroughly enjoy the show.

Reason C is also why there's now a perm. haunt in Hollywood.  Did I hear that they could possibly do that in Orlando where Terminator is now? (sorry, slightly off topic, but I'd like to know)

• Mark M. changed the title to The Walking Dead