Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

My own opinions of the zone code names.

Intersteller Dreaming - Chance's Zone

Revving Sun - Chainsaw Kabuki? Something Japanese with Chainsaws

Red Goats and Black Goats - I feel like these are connected just cuz of the similar code names and that's all I got.

Evolutionary Turning Point - Mutants

McDie - You know what? Leave It To Cleaver. It's a long shot, but why not?

• Like 1

McDie - Hope this is clowns!  Killer Klowns ripoffs would be best.  A murderous Ronald McDonald instantly comes to mind when I saw this.  Everybody is a bit unnerved by clowns.

I agree that Goat sounds like Greatest Of All Time so maybe some best of's.  Though Red (Hearts and Diamonds) and Black (Clubs and Spades) makes me think of playing cards.  Or maybe something around royalty.  Something like Black Death and Mask of the Red Death?  Regardless, having 2 with the same unique word in them has me really curious.  Always thought having independent scare zones in close proximity that did their thing for 40 minutes and then invaded each other (aka both converged into middle ground) and stalked each other along with you.  A double populated zone for a short period of time.  

Revving sun...I think Legacy said the chainsaws would be something you'd least expect so maybe something like young (aka vertically challenged scareactors) trick or treaters with chainsaws?  Or, maybe nothing chainsaw related since that would be a roaming horde with the Chainsaw Drill Team.

Interstellar Dreaming has to be the Chance one.  Maybe like Seven or whatever with 2 casts of different characters.  One for each of Chance's personalities.  Wish it was something like the Gray Aliens.  Those things freak the hell out of me.  Always thought I'd run out of the park screaming if they had a big eyed alien house...that would have to be scareactors in all black outfits with a gray alien on top of it and all blacklights so you wouldn't see anything, then a moving alien that makes no sense since it's too skinny to be a person.  That would be intense.  Hell, with Disaster closed down they probably have a big ass UFO and Alien sitting around waiting to be used :}

Evolutionary Turning Point...King Kong or Planet of the Apes.  Ha ha ha, just kidding....well, mostly.  Rumors of Penn and Teller's involvement has died down and we're 99% sure there won't be a house or show with them...so how about a Nuked Vegas scarezone?

Edited by Oysterhead00

9 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Revving sun...I think Legacy said the chainsaws would be something you'd least expect so maybe something like young (aka vertically challenged scareactors) trick or treaters with chainsaws?  Or, maybe nothing chainsaw related since that would be a roaming horde with the Chainsaw Drill Team.

i think it  has  something to with japanase stuff revving sun sound like the rising sun like land of the rising sun know as japan

Edited by timbo8

Mine as well toss out a couple of my initial guesses...

Interstellar Dreaming - maybe have various alien species roaming around

Revving Sun - Unless I misunderstood, Legacy said, "What's the last thing people would expect to have a chainsaw?" Ancient Egyptians or maybe Priests (Sunday Mass).

Red Goats and Black Goats - no idea... maybe classic Universal monsters and newer school horror.... 

Evolutionary Turning Point - Planet of the Apes style... 

McDie - could the Mc possibly be mc as in master of ceremonies - Chance? Either that or some sort of restaurant that kills people and serves the meat to customers.

19 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Mine as well toss out a couple of my initial guesses...

Interstellar Dreaming - maybe have various alien species roaming around

Revving Sun - Unless I misunderstood, Legacy said, "What's the last thing people would expect to have a chainsaw?" Ancient Egyptians or maybe Priests (Sunday Mass).

Red Goats and Black Goats - no idea... maybe classic Universal monsters and newer school horror.... 

Evolutionary Turning Point - Planet of the Apes style... 

McDie - could the Mc possibly be mc as in master of ceremonies - Chance? Either that or some sort of restaurant that kills people and serves the meat to customers.

good guess here mine

insterladraing dreaming- is chance

revving sun- chainsaw japanase relate samuari?

red and dark goats- chance related

evolutinary trung point- ?

mcdie- evil ronald mcdonald?

Edited by timbo8

If McDie is Leave it to Cleaver (or even tonally similar) I will cry tears of joy. I love the campy stuff :) But hey, clowns are always effective too. The Clownsaws last year did an excellent job, might be cool to see some familiar faces.

This list looks really awesome! The prospect of a samurai zone could be really visually interesting. Red and Black sound like something Chance-y maybe. Like a switching zone kind of like Seven, as some others have mentioned.

Evolutionary Turning Point sounds maybe like the Central Park zone? Something that's mutated, be it people, animals, plants, etc. 

Interstellar Dreaming could be Chance too, but I'm placing my bets on Red and Black being her thing (geez, there's a lot of puns in there).

• Like 1

Alright. Changing my opinions a bit.

Interstellar Dreaming - Still Chance IMO. Hollywood.

Black Goats - Witches. San Fran? Maybe London if they got permission?

Red Goats - IDK. Think it's in New York though.

Evolutionary Turning Point - Fish People in Central Park.

Revving Sun - Still going with the Japan / Chainsaw mix. And I'm gonna bet on Plaza Of The Stars. 

McDie - Vampires of sorts. In a campy old style fashion perhaps. Die-In? Greaser Vampires?

Edited by ForeverEvil1

Because... why not? These are gonna be off the wall for the most part, and more so what I'd hope for :P :

Interstellar dreaming- Chance Zone, Hollywood

Revving sun- Our chainsaws... \with a twist of some kind according to Legacy. Sun maybes me think Egyptian/Ra, but I honestly don't know.  World Expo/Springfield 

Red Goats - Faction #1 of warring witch covens, New York

Black goats- Faction #2 of warring witch covens, (San Fran or Central Park)

Evolutionary Turning Point - Something ala The Spawning meets Evilution. Not fish people or dinosaurs persay, but think Animal-farm esque, with hybrids (although this litterally was just done at Knotts or somewhere, right?)  (Production Central or Central Park)

McDie- Leave it to Cleaver Sequel[ish] zone, (San Fran or PC)

Edited by _Veritas_

Just now looked at the prices for this year's multi day tickets.  Holy cow.  Those price hikes though...Might be the first year I only do one night instead of three or four.  It's a shame because I was really looking forward to keeping with tradition but an increase to 300.00 bucks for a ROF and Express pass has my wallet and brain balking big time.  Might get the regular ROF and then just add Express to the one Saturday night I am going. 

11 minutes ago, Chris90day said:

Just now looked at the prices for this year's multi day tickets.  Holy cow.  Those price hikes though...Might be the first year I only do one night instead of three or four.  It's a shame because I was really looking forward to keeping with tradition but an increase to 300.00 bucks for a ROF and Express pass has my wallet and brain balking big time.  Might get the regular ROF and then just add Express to the one Saturday night I am going. 

It is a little crazy but still a really good value over all. I mean, did you look at the prices for express passes on Saturday? Your looking at between $110-120! Add that to $92 for Rush of Fear and your at $202. That's why the RoF + Express pass really isn't that bad. After two nights, it has paid for itself and then some considering how nice it is to skip 90+ minute waits. 

Still, going to be interesting to see how many teens avoid the event this year because they got priced out. Would love for the price hike to knock out some of the HS and "I just turned 21 so lets get wasted and trash stuff" crowd. 

1 hour ago, Badge said:

It is a little crazy but still a really good value over all. I mean, did you look at the prices for express passes on Saturday? Your looking at between $110-120! Add that to $92 for Rush of Fear and your at $202. That's why the RoF + Express pass really isn't that bad. After two nights, it has paid for itself and then some considering how nice it is to skip 90+ minute waits. 

Still, going to be interesting to see how many teens avoid the event this year because they got priced out. Would love for the price hike to knock out some of the HS and "I just turned 21 so lets get wasted and trash stuff" crowd. 

I agree it's a little pricey.  BUT remember what you get; the number 1 haunted attraction in the country and a few of the great USO rides. 

My wife and I will be coming in from Iowa but i grew up in Plant City, FL and went to HHN as often as I could. Now when I only get to go every few years, it's worth the price. I even signed us up for the RIP tour since it's her 1st time going and i didn't want her (or me) to wait in 90+ min lines and we definitely wanted to see all the houses. 

Again, pricey but worth the experience.

Edited by RustySomebody

I just couldn't justify getting ROF with express this year, so gonna try without it for the 3 days I have at HHN. I plan on doing stay and scream, and staying till close each night, so I will definitely be able to do each of the houses at least twice. Plus the UTH tour. Plus all the people I'm going with are not getting express so I won't feel awkward leaving them behind like I did last time I went. 

Edited by faceleg