Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

also... I have never noticed before but have they always put a bronze Creature Statue in front of Cafe La Bamba (or whatever its called) for HHN? This is the first time Ive noticed it. And big thanks to the little hispanic kid (early 20's) who saw my wife and I standing behind the ropes looking at it. He let us walk up to it and even took our picture for us! Very nice gesture as he was not obligated to do it at all!

14479525_10154023836653123_4691552135370

• Like 1

Hey everyone, . I was hoping to get some of your guys' expertise and help. I live in Massachusetts and I only have one night at HHN this Sunday. I've been going for seven years now and I've never missed a house but this years wait times have got me worried that I might not make it to every house this year.

Do you guys that have gone this year have any tips or House orders that you could suggest to me (which houses have the longest waits?)

Im doing stay and scream and I'm waiting in the holding area by the mummy. 

Really any response (long or short) would be appreciated. You guys really are such a helpful community.

42 minutes ago, Itsjosie said:

Hey everyone, . I was hoping to get some of your guys' expertise and help. I live in Massachusetts and I only have one night at HHN this Sunday. I've been going for seven years now and I've never missed a house but this years wait times have got me worried that I might not make it to every house this year.

Do you guys that have gone this year have any tips or House orders that you could suggest to me (which houses have the longest waits?)

Im doing stay and scream and I'm waiting in the holding area by the mummy. 

Really any response (long or short) would be appreciated. You guys really are such a helpful community.

AHS has the longest wait by far...followed by TWD and then randomly Chance's house when Bill & Ted's gets out.  If you are staying at Finnegans, they force you to TWD first so that's good.  I'd do that first, and then go clockwise around the park hitting them in early.  Then, by the time you get back to AHS and the start of that strip those lines should be dying down from the initial rush.  Obviously you know to do Halloween BEFORE Tomb of the Ancients because of how the lines feed out.  Also, the theme of this year seems to be that other than AHS, house wait times are GREATLY exaggerated.

You might want to consider doing the order I said and then if it's really busy, see about the After 10 Express Pass option just to be sure.  I have a feeling with it being a week later than I went, and then people who flew down for 4 days and weren't able to go a couple days because of the hurricane will be FLOODING to the event on Sunday...plus Monday is probably a school holiday.  So it's anybody's guess what that's going to do to the lines.

If I were you, I'd try to get to AHS as soon as possible.  IMO, that house is the gem this year.  TWD is pretty much just vomited scenes from all the previous million years we've had it, so if you miss it, you won't cry about it.   If you had to miss another house, skip Chance's house.  I agree with Peoria, Halloween and TCM are must sees..  I'm on the fence about the Exorcist.  Tomb of the Ancients is pretty damn good, too.

• Like 1

Seeing as I  haven't had and will not have a Chance to see the houses, I would've hoped the Icon had gotten any sort of actual good treatment. From what my friend has told me, I've just become sorely disappointed. She deserved much better than she was given. 

I would've loved to see the AHS house. I wish I could have. 
oh well, now to wait and speculate on the theme, Icon, and houses for next year.

For anyone that did not know, i.e., myself, I just spoke to Uni guest services and they're honoring regular FFPs tonight along with FFP+. If you have express with your FFP, it'll work as normal. If you had a one off express you were going to use Thursday or Friday night, they'll be applicable tonight, but you just need to stop at a guest services window so they can recode the date on it.

16 minutes ago, clash said:

when was this actually released? Saturday? 
did any FFP people here went Saturday? I saw this on facebook as well but it felt like they showed it too late. 

Some time on Sat...I don't see the original post on their FB anymore, but they posted this at 8:30pm on Sat night:

http://blog.universalorlando.com/visiting-us/hhn26-hurricane-matthew/

Just an update because I'm extremely proud of myself and I want to share this with you guys, but thanks to your guys' help (and sheer will power) I was able to do TWENTY houses last night A new personal best! (I also got to go through my hundredth horror nights house last night! It was a fantastic walk through of TCM and I got EVERY scare!)

I feel so accomplished 

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:19 AM, clash said:

when was this actually released? Saturday? 
did any FFP people here went Saturday? I saw this on facebook as well but it felt like they showed it too late. 

I saw that particular Hurricane Matthew box, but ignored it because earlier ones were just saying how the park was closed - nothing about rescheduled dates, etc.  So on Sat afternoon, I saw a few people posting on Twitter that they were allowing FFP+ to go on Sat.  So I decided to get the info direct from the horse's mouth and called Uni to inquire and they said they were allowing all FFP'ers to go Sat.

So yes, I did go.  Usually opening weekend is the only Saturday I attend due to regular FFP.  So it was nice to do two Saturdays in one season.  I missed a couple years ago when they opened up the final weekend to FFP.  I wonder if they'll do it this year just to try and recoup money?  Two full days of closure will definitely show on their P&L.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pandry said:

I wonder if they'll do it this year just to try and recoup money?  Two full days of closure will definitely show on their P&L.

Pre-2012, even pre-2014, I'd say it was a lock. Too many other things going on around town. Given crowds past couple years tho, impossible to say.

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

TBH I remember GT v2's sets being "grand" but pretty bare. Anyone else want to chime in with their thoughts?

Personally I think that Ghost Town's sets do a pretty good job of having a layered and "used" look to them, more so that FvJ last year. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed FvJ, but for me the Ghost Town sets feel much more detailed.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, clash said:

will they extend the event for the weekend after halloween?

A la Hollywood last year?  I'd say very doubtful. I think there's a better shot to the final weekend being opened to FFPs.  But you never know.  I think first, Uni will see if they feel the makeup nights from the hurricane are doing anything.  If not, that would lead me to believe opening the final Fri-Sat for FFPs would be the next step.

There would be a lot of logistics involved to confirm scareactor availability and all other event related staff to open an extra weekend.  As that would need to be done in advance, we'll know sooner rather than later.

BTW, what made you think of that?  Something you've heard being considered?  Anyone recall why Hollywood did that last year?

On 10/12/2016 at 3:57 PM, criticalanalysis said:

TBH I remember GT v2's sets being "grand" but pretty bare. Anyone else want to chime in with their thoughts?

I agree with the grand. Big open space with lots of details. I feel as you go deeper into the house and toward the end they lose some of the detail from the beginning .