Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

1 hour ago, duh1011 said:

What the actual fuck. Did she get kicked out at least? That's so messed up, and it sounds like it wasn't just one scareactor either. People like this don't deserve to be at the event.

Ops pulled her aside at the exit.  I didnt stick around to see what happened next. Worst part is she was on the RIP tour. Guess you don't have to be a mega fan to pony up that kind of money; just an entitled rich bitch.

One quick plug before I head out to the airport myself for a full weekend at HHN!

Not sure if you all noticed the banner and info that was put on the front page of this forum for Dare 2 Escape.. so I'm telling you about it here.  We are an escape the room game (you go into a themed room and figure out clues and puzzles to try and get out within an hour).  Because we are HUGE haunt fans, two of our three rooms will be scary/creepy.  Our scariest room is ready for business RIGHT NOW - it's called The Asylum.  We would love it if you would consider taking an hour out of your day and come play the game! To see our video and story line and to book a game, please go to www.dare2escape.com   I'd love it if some of our Nightmares family came out to play!

Hey everyone, I posted this in the Knott's section but apparently they had to close down their VR experience because guests complained that it stigmatized mental illness.

I'm curious as to if HHN/other haunts are really going to feel the effect of this this year or in years to come. I mean, I can't imagine something as extreme as Lunatics having to be shut down would happen but I'm thinking more towards the future... which would suck considering some of their best houses have been centered around  psych-wards. Hell... that's generally most haunts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tich0las said:

I doubt it.  Universal showed some real backbone using guns in the event this year. These situations that pop up in Cali (i.e. Bill and Ted) don't normally affect Florida.

I agree that I am suprised guns out present, a full purge house would have been overkill, but it is nessesary for Halloween and Ghost Town.

I can understand certain peoples feelings towards various attractions, etc.  I'd never want to minimize someone's stance and opinion.  But if they have issue with what's being presented at these events, don't go.  It's just that simple.  This country has become so P.C.  I didn't read that Knott's article.  But most of the past Psychoscarepy and other mental institution houses are themed towards how they were way back in the old days - with some HHN creativity added!  I pay a lot of money each year to come to this event and experience effed up she-yat!

• Like 3

From attending last night - which was the first since going last Thursday night - they seemed to have toned down the hard rock music, i.e. Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson which was blasting upon entry.  Eating outside at Richter Burger had nice ambient style music.  Me like!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RustySomebody said:

Just a heads up for anyone going to uni tonight, the power's currently out. Not sure what this may affect, if anything at all. But, I thought it was worth mentioning here.

It's back on now. I'd be surprised if it really effects the event at all. 

On 9/29/2016 at 6:54 AM, Tich0las said:

I doubt it.  Universal showed some real backbone using guns in the event this year. These situations that pop up in Cali (i.e. Bill and Ted) don't normally affect Florida.

I always get a kick and get a laugh out of being directly shot at by a ghost in ghost town and by the girl in Halloween lol. I love that they didn't take that stuff out. The halloween one specially got me so good the  first time, I didn't expect that girl to point it at me. (I cant believe ghost town has a cannon LOL) 

On 9/29/2016 at 1:48 PM, Pandry said:

I can understand certain peoples feelings towards various attractions, etc.  I'd never want to minimize someone's stance and opinion.  But if they have issue with what's being presented at these events, don't go.  It's just that simple.  This country has become so P.C.  I didn't read that Knott's article.  But most of the past Psychoscarepy and other mental institution houses are themed towards how they were way back in the old days - with some HHN creativity added!  I pay a lot of money each year to come to this event and experience effed up she-yat!

its all the fault of the social justice warriors, they are ruining everything fun, they started with ruining games and now they are trying to ruin halloween and everything else that brings people some joy..... people always say how the country is becoming PC but it is just that group of SJW that look for things to get offended and complain. I hope Universal and HHN can stand up to them, 
(well at least Orlando because SJW already took out Bill and Ted and the scareactors in the Purge) so in a way HHN has already been affected by them getting offended in Cali....

• Like 1

Hey, has anyone been to HHN 26 yet? I went a week ago. Just curious on what you all thought about it. Previously, I've been to HHN 25, 24, and 22. Personally, I didn't feel that the event lived up to previous years. Also, I hope they hang up The Walking Dead. It's gotten old. It was amazing when it started, HHN 22, and was still good when I went for HHN 24. I was disappointed in HHN 25 and completely skipped it this year. No more Walkers!!!!

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

Hey, has anyone been to HHN 26 yet? I went a week ago. Just curious on what you all thought about it. Previously, I've been to HHN 25, 24, and 22. Personally, I didn't feel that the event lived up to previous years. Also, I hope they hang up The Walking Dead. It's gotten old. It was amazing when it started, HHN 22, and was still good when I went for HHN 24. I was disappointed in HHN 25 and completely skipped it this year. No more Walkers!!!!

That's too bad you skipped it this year. Honestly thought it was one of the better Walking Dead houses we've had at the event. 

• Like 4

ok on the topic of drunks... I saw a guy messing with a chainsaw girl in the Survive or Die SZ. To the point the girl had to walk towards an employee that was watching and point to this drunk to get him off her. He wasnt touching but was doing that weirdo drunk guy follow. then we just exit I think the Halloween house and I see security with a couple guys. Same dick head. He was going on about how he didnt do anything and his buddy was playing drunk lawyer (we've all seen this guy) saying "dude they cant do anything, there is no physical evidence!" Probably a 1st semester pre-law major as Ass Wipe University. So annoying. And now something else Id like to bitch about while Im going here... people (of ALL ages) that decide to stop in their tracks to check their snap chat, facebook, etc. 50K people crammed in a park and you cant wait to get to a sidewalk or something? So if you are that 6'7" white guy that walked right into me and dropped your new phone, Id like to say Im sorry, but Im not. You should have been watching where you were walking.

LOL other than a few annoying people Id say the crowd is pretty well behaved. It might not seem like it to some people but Orlando is a pretty well mannered city in my experience. Sad to hear the scare actors taking bumps bc of drunks though.

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, N i c k said:

Care to elaborate?

Full review will come in time but I'll summarize. I don't like the direction he took the event in. Sure, Corporate has their say, but their original content is honestly weak compared to how it used to be.

* Tomb of the Ancients would be considered an average house compared to years ago

* Ghost Town fell way short of what the original was and was in no way comparable to some stellar original houses in recent years

* Chance's house was outrageously bad

* Lair of the Banshees was awful

* Vamp 1955 was terrific and had seemingly had the lowest budget out of any zone

* Chance ruined her zone with her cheesy talk, the set pieces were static (and weren't kills like I thought they would be)

* Awful party music played throughout

* Express lines becoming awfully long, overly crowded event to the point where in certain sections staff are ushering you around

* Zero memorable music besides Vamp 1955

* Rehasing of New York zone as usual with terrible costumes

* Dead Man's Wharf was GREAT but was so congested and lacked scares

* Roaming hordes were a complete waste of money

* Lighting should be scarier throughout the park

* Extremely bad website

* Hollywood's IP centric event is getting way too much influence here

* In certain houses I totally disagree with their design choices (eg: The Exorcist, while a good house, felt too empty and wasn't "scary" enough, had useless black hallways)

* Holy god why are all the colors so monotone? Their promo shots of the houses look better! Keep it dark but add color, please.

* Chance is a terrible "icon" - she should've been absolutely eerie. 

* No queue videos, again

* Weird facade choices (Halloween 2 poster, Chance's newspaper, AHS just going straight into the basement, TCM's outside felt bare)

* Annoying employees waving lights at you to keep moving god forbid you slowed down in a house for a second

* Outrageous crowds

* No notable increase in event quality for the increased prices

* No front gate facade

* Store was 10x worse than last year

* Why are they wasting money on the dumb dance show?

* The houses actually don't feel detailed enough. Motel Hell at Howl-o-Scream looked incredible this year. Check out Trick of Treat at Knotts Scary Farm. Let alone compared to other local haunts.

* Effects they tried to accomplish looked half assed. 

* Krampus was not very well done compared to what it should've looked like

* Little use of technology

* Continuing with TWD and now it'll be AHS nonsense.

* It didn't feel "adult" like it used to

* Completely devoid of a Halloween feel

Much more to come. There is a girl they hired who I believe they put in charge of the scare zones who has consistently dropped the ball the last few years. She has to go.

Like I've always said, an ideal event is:

* HHN 15's overarching story

* HHN 14's inspiration/atmosphere

* HHN 12's icon

* HHN 18's creativity

* HHN 26's budget

I am glad they had a spine and kept firearms in the event, though.

Edited by criticalanalysis