Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

19 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Are those the things that get you and your whole party to the front of the lines?

Yeah kinda, It acts as an express pass. But if the line is longer than 30 min then they write a time to come back... So if the line is 45 min and its 8:00, they will write down the time to come back at 8:45. So you still end up waiting the time, but not in the queue. What people normally do is Get a time for a house, and then go wait for another house and then when they are done they will just go back to the original house and use the express line. You can only get the cards at Guest Services but you need a good reason for it, like a medical reason. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yeah kinda, It acts as an express pass. But if the line is longer than 30 min then they write a time to come back... So if the line is 45 min and its 8:00, they will write down the time to come back at 8:45. So you still end up waiting the time, but not in the queue. What people normally do is Get a time for a house, and then go wait for another house and then when they are done they will just go back to the original house and use the express line. You can only get the cards at Guest Services but you need a good reason for it, like a medical reason. 

But due to ADA rules, they can't require proof to get one. So you can pretty much give any reason why you can't stand in line, and get one. 

Edited by faceleg
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, faceleg said:

But due to ADA rules, they can't require proof to get one. So you can pretty much give any reason why you can't stand in line, and get one. 

Yea so you can pretty much lie if you want to be an absolutely horrible human being and lie to take advantage of a law made  to help the disabled 

Edited by Hhnsophmore
  • Like 5

Some quick non-spoilery notes from all the various tweets and such out there.

- AHS and Ghost Town are getting the biggest praises, Tomb of the Ancients not too far behind.

- Seeing good things from Lunatics 3D, people are finding it better the last years Alice.

- As for the Exorcist, the vibe is a lot more positive then Hollywood's version. The effects are apparently great.

- Definite praise going around for the Academy of Villians show.

- The lowest marks at the moment are for Krampus. It has the looks, but it's lacking scares/missing something. (Part of me wants to say the Shrek venue just isn't good, since Alice did have some wonky rooms which really didn't allow for scares in them.)

Scare zone-wise, it's looking pretty good amongst the event. No real negative marks on any of them. (The only complaint I've seen is Dead Man's Warf is too small.)

• Like 4

Mentioned in this thread I'm planning on filming in the streets this year.  For the pros: do you guys think there's enough light in the scare zones to not have to use flash/lighting?

My original plan was to shoot everything during "golden hour", but seeing these scare zones light up is making me think of shooting at night. Just don't want to end up with super grainy footage.

Tich0las.... what are you shooting with?

Pro Tip: Don't be the guy walking around with a light on blinding everyone. But with the amount of fog they pump in the streets flashes aren't gonna give you a great end product. You're best bet is to film with something that gives you a wide open aperture. If you are filming with a DSLR I would suggest finding a lens that open up to f1.8 or if you can afford it f1.4 (not sure why that extra .4 doubles the cost!). Shooting the streets is tough after dark is though.

Edited by PeoriaBJJ
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

if you can afford it f1.4 (not sure why that extra .4 doubles the cost!). Shooting the streets is tough after dark is though.

And if you want to take out a second mortgage you can go f/1.2.

So maybe we'll luck out on the weather.  It looked threatening last night but held off.  The current 60% rain chance for Friday is basically normal Florida weather.  No one has a clue either way.  But it's much better than the 100% from two days ago.

• Like 1

A recycled pumpkin mask from 2008 will spoil the event? LOL

OK I will refrain anyway. Funny this is coming from the guy who says the event sucks.

I just didn't really know where to put "roaming hordes" Seeing as we do not have a thread for it.

• Like 3

Once the event has started, the entire forum and every HHN Fan site should be considered Spoiler Territory. 

You shouldn't be reading rumor sites for info if you don't want to know said info...especially when it is no longer rumors but is fact.

Better tell Mike and Murdy not to post anything on twitter that might spoil it for Critical.  Then again, the more spoiler stuff posted the more he can complain about and be happy.

If you DVR'd a UFC fight and don't want to know the outcome before you watch it, you avoid ESPN, CNN, Facebook, etc, etc, etc.  That's just common sense.  If you don't want to find out about HHN before you go, don't visit HHN sites.  You've been warned....regardless of the size of my font.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JDW said:

OK I will refrain anyway. Funny this is coming from the guy who says the event sucks.

I just didn't really know where to put "roaming hordes" Seeing as we do not have a thread for it.

He wants experience the suckiness fresh without any warning of what will suck most. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Tich0las.... what are you shooting with?

Pro Tip: Don't be the guy walking around with a light on blinding everyone. But with the amount of fog they pump in the streets flashes aren't gonna give you a great end product. You're best bet is to film with something that gives you a wide open aperture. If you are filming with a DSLR I would suggest finding a lens that open up to f1.8 or if you can afford it f1.4 (not sure why that extra .4 doubles the cost!). Shooting the streets is tough after dark is though.

I'm going the super DIY route with this project and shooting on my iPhone 6s Plus with an anamorphic lens, stereo mic, and handheld stabilizer.  Based on your reply, I'm thinking my initial instinct is correct: shoot at golden hour -- then put the phone away and enjoy the event ; )

Edited by Tich0las
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JDW said:

We do actually.

• Like 1

Never knew they did a social media meetup?. My girlfriend and I are flying down thursday morning and only going to HHN that night then flying home Friday afternoon. We both don't have the extended free time this year to spend more days. Is this something they've done in the past? I signed up got nothing to lose other than not trying. How are they promoting it like only via following their blog? Because I think mad amounts of people would jump all over the opportunity.