Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Mark M.

25 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Really, no scare zones? that's disappointing, I've avoided rain and thunder in my trips. Will they still be running scare zones in rain without Thunder?

No they shut down if there is rain. Safety all around. I haven't seen a fully operation scarezone in three years. Mostly due to rain. But it's all in when you hit them.

Few years back I was walking through Saws and steam and they have some water effects over head dripping a bit. Wasn't raining when I went in but, halfway through, I started thinking "ease up on the water effects" then I noticed all the scareactors disappeared. It was a torrential downpour.

Also, sometimes houses get shut down as well. I'm mostly thinking of Jaws queue because it flooded easily. But Chance's house is a big unknown location so who knows. I've never been in the MIB extended queue when it was raining. I did wait as the next person in line for the Saws and steam house for an hour when the sky opened up and the whole house flooded.

Guess I better waterproof my coat and bring an umbrella

• Like 2

It's down poured each of the last couple opening nights so nothing new there. After standing in line getting drenched, you just learn to accept it and not let it bother you. Then when it finishes you go on Mummy and dry off in the fire sections. 

• Like 1

Since I've accepted it WILL be pouring on Friday and Saturday, I highly recommend picking up a few of the super-cheap pocket ponchos from walmart or target. Not only do they cost barely over a dollar each, but they easily go in a back pocket if you don't end up needing it and can be thrown away if you get tired of it. Sure, they're a little on the stuffy side and you'll look like you're wearing a garbage bag, but I wore one for the duration of opening night in 2014 and the only part of me that got wet were my feet.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JDW said:

No they shut down if there is rain. Safety all around. I haven't seen a fully operation scarezone in three years. Mostly due to rain. But it's all in when you hit them.

Few years back I was walking through Saws and steam and they have some water effects over head dripping a bit. Wasn't raining when I went in but, halfway through, I started thinking "ease up on the water effects" then I noticed all the scareactors disappeared. It was a torrential downpour.

Also, sometimes houses get shut down as well. I'm mostly thinking of Jaws queue because it flooded easily. But Chance's house is a big unknown location so who knows. I've never been in the MIB extended queue when it was raining. I did wait as the next person in line for the Saws and steam house for an hour when the sky opened up and the whole house flooded.

Guess I better waterproof my coat and bring an umbrella

One of the tents had to be closed due to flooding as well. The Poe house to be exact. 

• Like 1

The rain for this weekend is not looking good! Last year, I was in a very light rain with scareactors still in the zone. It wasn't enough to really get the ground really wet but if you stood around for a bit, you got damp. However, the slightest amount of rain will instantly take the stilt walkers away and keep them away for some time. They normally don't come out until the ground is almost dry with no puddles for them to slip in.  They are pretty good about getting the actors on and off the street quickly. They keep them around until the last possible minute and the moment it clears up, they come back. The one positive with rainy, nasty nights is the fog stays low and you can get some amazing pictures with a good camera through all the dense fog! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Ummmm....huh.....there appears to be some sort of Media Preview going on.

https://mobile.twitter.com/braddrinks/status/775748972774240256

Most likely from the team member preview distribution. When I went to pick up my ticket they had the pumpkin head guy walking around as well as a lady from Tomb of the Ancients I believe.

So I finally got around to exploring the main website of Horror Night Nightmares and thought it was pretty cool that the prices of the tickets were listed under each year. What I DIDN'T find cool was this:

2010 FFP w/ Express: $154.98+tax

2011 FFP w/ Express: $169.99+tax

2012 FFP w/ Express: $179.99+tax
2013 FFP w/ Express: $189.99+tax
2014 FFP w/ Express: $194.99+tax
2015 FFP w/ Express: $234.99+tax
2016 FFP w/ Express: $319.99+tax

What in the world is going on inside the pricing team during the last two years? Up until 2014, the price increases were reasonable and expected. But since 2015...Yikes! I don't want to think it's the "popularity" of the event, because technically HHN is a separate-ticketed event and Universal is suppose to be capping off tickets, so the number of people attending shouldn't be the reason. What I have noticed is the more IP's that are included, the higher the price hike, which would explain this year's crazy price. Either that or the FFP w/ Express is just seeing high demand for the last two years, plain and simple. How many here actually bought this pass? (I did and it's worth EVERY penny!)

• Like 1

Honestly the number of people in Express is the issue. Last year, there was still a decent wait sometimes with express and I'm sure some of the people that bought the 1 night only express for $100+ were complaining to guest services that they still had to wait a decent amount. Think they are trying to price out some people which based on this forum and people I follow on Twitter seems to have worked for a TON of local regulars. They see a much larger profit when the people with regular RoF and FFP are in the normal lines almost nightly and the people that are from out of town or can only attend a single see the waits at 60+ minutes for everything so they break down and spend the money on a single night of express. 

As somebody who is traveling from out of state to attend, I have been saving up all year and want to make sure that I get total enjoyment out of the money I am spending (not just on horror nights, but the room (staying for 11 nights for two weekends of HHN), flight, etc). So, an extra $200 to get 8 nights of Express with the RoF + Express is WELL worth it to me still. Going to take a much larger price hike for me to stop getting express because right now I am only spend about $36 a night which provides me with SO much entertainment! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vampyr said:

So I finally got around to exploring the main website of Horror Night Nightmares and thought it was pretty cool that the prices of the tickets were listed under each year. What I DIDN'T find cool was this:

2010 FFP w/ Express: $154.98+tax

2011 FFP w/ Express: $169.99+tax

2012 FFP w/ Express: $179.99+tax
2013 FFP w/ Express: $189.99+tax
2014 FFP w/ Express: $194.99+tax
2015 FFP w/ Express: $234.99+tax
2016 FFP w/ Express: $319.99+tax

What in the world is going on inside the pricing team during the last two years? Up until 2014, the price increases were reasonable and expected. But since 2015...Yikes! I don't want to think it's the "popularity" of the event, because technically HHN is a separate-ticketed event and Universal is suppose to be capping off tickets, so the number of people attending shouldn't be the reason. What I have noticed is the more IP's that are included, the higher the price hike, which would explain this year's crazy price. Either that or the FFP w/ Express is just seeing high demand for the last two years, plain and simple. How many here actually bought this pass? (I did and it's worth EVERY penny!)

gotdamn!!!!! I bought a couple RoF + express for my wife and I. She got to the last button click for the purchase and looked at me like "are we doing this?". And its true. its worth every penny. We will go 4 nights in a row. See every house at LEAST 4 times. But we come from IL. So we too want to best experience. I havent waited in a line more than 20 minutes since 2006. We go the same weekend every year too. But the prices are silly. Add on airfare, rental car, hotel.... I'm spending a ton of money. Throw in a trip to the outlet mall and it doubles. But thats the HHN life. 

Hopefully we avoid rain. last year the ONLY rain we saw was a 10 minutes shower while we were in B&T. So we didnt even get wet! Now 2012 was another story....

Edited by PeoriaBJJ

47 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

gotdamn!!!!! I bought a couple RoF + express for my wife and I. She got to the last button click for the purchase and looked at me like "are we doing this?". And its true. its worth every penny. We will go 4 nights in a row. See every house at LEAST 4 times. But we come from IL. So we too want to best experience. I havent waited in a line more than 20 minutes since 2006. We go the same weekend every year too. But the prices are silly. Add on airfare, rental car, hotel.... I'm spending a ton of money. Throw in a trip to the outlet mall and it doubles. But thats the HHN life. 

Hopefully we avoid rain. last year the ONLY rain we saw was a 10 minutes shower while we were in B&T. So we didnt even get wet! Now 2012 was another story....

My wife and I are flying from Iowa.  Our schedule only allowed us to go at the end of October.  So, I figured, if we're only going 1 night and know it's gonna be packed, I wanted to guarantee that we saw EVERYTHING.  So, we're doing RIP for the first time. I know it'll be worth what we paid.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, JDW said:

Yeah who are those people? I hadn't heard of anything but I guess it's not a huge shocker anymore.

He is not media. And he should be more careful about what he puts out in public.  Let's leave it at that.

12 hours ago, Badge said:

Honestly the number of people in Express is the issue. Last year, there was still a decent wait sometimes with express and I'm sure some of the people that bought the 1 night only express for $100+ were complaining to guest services that they still had to wait a decent amount. Think they are trying to price out some people which based on this forum and people I follow on Twitter seems to have worked for a TON of local regulars. They see a much larger profit when the people with regular RoF and FFP are in the normal lines almost nightly and the people that are from out of town or can only attend a single see the waits at 60+ minutes for everything so they break down and spend the money on a single night of express. 

Agreed, most locals I know who had Express last year will not be paying for it this year. That said, I think Universal will discover, just as Disney did, the real problem is, shall we say, questionable use of GACs.

• Like 1